• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Natick gun buyback

Maybe someone can direct these people over to B&K Sales a block away.

Apparently they're doing it on Hartford Street almost 3 miles away. I suppose your first amendment rights would allow you to hold a sign saying "Don't throw your money away, ... " and so forth. Probably not possible to pull off appraisals, but some generalities would probably be helpful. Battle rifles and sidearms from wars past, handguns made by Smith and Wesson, Colt, Ruger, etc., all likely to be worth a lot more net of consignment fees.

Yes, it's trash but so is the home decor crap one buys at Home Goods or Christmas Tree Shop.

It's Man Cave Decor and there is NO shame in it!

Don't judge me.

;)

I only used "trash" to indicate that it was inoperable, like an empty beer can: all the goodness was gone. And I did NOT sell it at a Trash price.....he paid what I considered a price commensurate with its awesomeness. It was one of the things I brought, and would not have been unhappy to bring home - I put a "blue-sky" price on it, no negotiations. I was leaving with plenty of $, or my toy. Either way was good! [laugh]

I only used "trash" to indicate that it was inoperable, like an empty beer can: all the goodness was gone. And I did NOT sell it at a Trash price.....he paid what I considered a price commensurate with its awesomeness. It was one of the things I brought, and would not have been unhappy to bring home - I put a "blue-sky" price on it, no negotiations. I was leaving with plenty of $, or my toy. Either way was good! [laugh]

Oh I didn't take it as a serious stab :)

Inoperable or not, that sort of home decor makes my pathetically left-ist siblings uncomfortable, which in my book is a GOOD thing and money well spent!

I didn't think to, myself, but I thought it was clever. I've heard stories of firearms reviewers and others being harassed by anti-gunners with FB rules, so I thought it was a neat case of turnabout being fair play. Any self-respecting, fair-minded person on the receiving end ought to have laughed and said "touché", not whined about it.

They're getting flamed in the comments section as well. F 'em. Dirty commies. Those are the types of churches adorned with rainbow flags and ministered by butch lesbians anyway.

Metrowest Daily News published two letters (the basic content-free "guns are bad" and "people, not guns, are violent"), but declined to print mine, probably because it would undermine the event:

A Natick “gun buyback” has been announced for June 3[SUP]rd[/SUP].

There is a safe alternative for persons with unwanted guns. If the firearm has significant value, one of the two licensed gun dealers in Natick center may be able to offer considerably more than the “buyback” price in cash, not gift certificates. You can be confident that any disposal or resale of guns transferreed to a licensed dealer will be done in strict compliance with all federal and state laws, regulations, and licensing requirements.​

Perhaps B&K or GFA should hold a "gun appraisal event" :)

Metrowest Daily News published two letters (the basic content-free "guns are bad" and "people, not guns, are violent"), but declined to print mine, probably because it would undermine the event:

A Natick “gun buyback” has been announced for June 3[SUP]rd[/SUP].

There is a safe alternative for persons with unwanted guns. If the firearm has significant value, one of the two licensed gun dealers in Natick center may be able to offer considerably more than the “buyback” price in cash, not gift certificates. You can be confident that any disposal or resale of guns transferreed to a licensed dealer will be done in strict compliance with all federal and state laws, regulations, and licensing requirements.​

Perhaps B&K or GFA should hold a "gun appraisal event" :)

Maybe the NPD can help guarantee unlicensed possessors of said arms safe passage to the above FFLs, just to show good faith, like they do for anti-gun events.

Reasonable, or fair? yes. Likely? never.

They got their money shot: http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/20170604/dozens-of-weapons-collected-at-natick-gun-buyback

Who is Erica Ball?
“I saw the article in the paper about Framingham’s gun buyback,” Erica Ball recalled, “and I hadn’t finished the article when I was the phone to our chief saying, ‘This is a great idea. We should do this in Natick.’”

Citizens for a Safer Natick, an organization to which Ball belongs, and the Natick Area Interfaith Clergy Association sponsored the initiative. They received donations of $10,000 from the MetroWest Health Foundation and $1,000 from the MutualOne Charitable Foundation to pay for gift cards to give gun owners in exchange for their weapons.

“It’s an accident or a tragedy waiting to happen if a gun is just lying around in a home,” Erica Ball said. “When kids find a gun and end up shooting their playmate or their sibling, that’s a tragedy. When someone who’s in the depths of despair, who’s suicidal, takes a gun and shoots themselves, that’s a tragedy. When there are people who are in the middle of a conflict, whether it’s domestic violence, or just anger, rage, that they don’t know how to deal with and they find a gun, that’s a tragedy that shouldn’t happen, and that’s what we’re about. We’re about making the community safe.”

The article above was a riot!

One man turned in two assault rifles, as well as a handgun and shotgun. The man told officers he and his wife are expecting a child and don’t want the guns in their home any longer.

Another person dropped off ammunition dating to the Korean War. The man was afraid it could become explosive if the ammo started to seep, Erica Ball said.

“He was so glad and said, ‘God, am I glad to get rid of this,’” Ball said. “There are a lot of people who are just so grateful. It made me feel like a million bucks.”

Good thing that guy lets his wife keep his balls in her purse for safekeeping.

The Korean War ammo seepage part is beyond me.

That widow's husband is spinning in his grave.

The beta that turned in two "assault" rifles because he's got a newborn on the way should get a DNA test when the kid arrives because chances are his wife is dallying with the mailman. No way he fathered a child.

And as for weeping ammo boi... I have no words...

That widow could have sold the collection for the money she needs to afford staying in Natick. The organizers "feel like a million bucks" ripping off old widows from money they need?

That widow could have sold the collection for the money she needs to afford staying in Natick. The organizers "feel like a million bucks" ripping off old widows from money they need?
If there was anything rare, valuable or desirable there, I'm sure some very nice Natick cop will make sure it is "saved" from destruction... in his collection, of course. [laugh]

If there was anything rare, valuable or desirable there, I'm sure some very nice Natick cop will make sure it is "saved" from destruction... in his collection, of course. [laugh]
An original S&W Schofield was given to a Needham buyback many years ago. The cops cleaned it, oiled, got the mechanism working, tried to figure out a way to avoid having it destroyed, and were told "we are under a contractual obligation to destroy all buyback guns". The gun was destroyed.

Back
Top Bottom