Most fun gun to shoot

Theyre all fun! For rifles the 338 win mag always makes me smile, The sks is alot of fun, Handguns id have to say the S&W 460, and I cant forget the 10 guage double in the shotgun safe...

The most fun I've had was shooting a Thompson with drum mag. Not mine, though. You guys have posted some awesome guns !!! I'll bet the .50 Barrett is a blast.
My two favorites that I own? .204 Ruger and .44 Ruger Super Blackhawk.

204-1.jpg

204-2.jpg

204-3.jpg

The .204 because it is easily within minute-of-ping-pong-ball at 150 yards.

DSCN0685.jpg

It's a lot of fun to explode potatoes at 50 yards with the .44. Can't miss with the red dot sight.

The most fun I've had was shooting a Thompson with drum mag. Not mine, though. You guys have posted some awesome guns !!! I'll bet the .50 Barrett is a blast.

I have the same rifle and it is indeed fun to shoot. Pricey but very fun. I've never seen a round turn a soda can into a cloud of mist and leave the bottom half intact with some liquid inside while the top half gets shredded to bits.
These things will put 5 holes in a quarter at 100 yards.

.357 686 with the 5 inch.

I have some cheaper savage that .22 bolt that I finally got working right, and I shoot that one a lot. (92fs or something? I forget exactly what it is.)

Walther P22. Fits my hand like a glove. 500 rounds for $17.99. 5# trigger pull. Deadly accurate. Nice muzzle flash and pop. I only wish it had an 18 round clip. If the rounds were staggered in the grip, it would fit 18.

I have the same rifle and it is indeed fun to shoot. Pricey but very fun. I've never seen a round turn a soda can into a cloud of mist and leave the bottom half intact with some liquid inside while the top half gets shredded to bits.
These things will put 5 holes in a quarter at 100 yards.

More like 5 holes in a dime. My best group was at 125 yards, and you could barely tell a 4 round group from a single round. This was with reloads - Nosler custom brass, CCI sm mag primers, 39 gr Sierra blitz king pushed with 25.6 gr IMR 3031

What kind of rifle is that? What do you use it for, hunting?

i really do enjoy (though don't get to do it that often) dual wielding government model 1911s. They tend to lift a bit, but if you can lean into them, there is something very satisfying about blasting dual .45s - especially when you actually hit the target and you get a good rhythm going.

I've come to the conclusion that most fun gun to shoot is the one in your hands at any given time.

Except for a 340PD, that is. You can keep that thing, Jay. [wink]

What kind of rifle is that? What do you use it for, hunting?

http://www.ruger.com/products/m77MarkIITarget/specSheets/17974.html

It's a stock, off-the-shelf Ruger varmint model 77 Mk II in .204 Ruger. I bought it used, so I don't know whether it has had a trigger job. From reding reviews of this rifle, I expected to have to drop in a Timney trigger, but the trigger is great light and crisp. I added a Barska 10X - 40X 50mm scope. I bought it for woodchuck hunting, but since the coyote population explosion they are very scarce around here. So far I have used it for target shooting and plinking. It is a great rifle to practice with since it can shoot thumbtacks at 150 yards if I do my part. Lets me know right away whether I am doing my part or not. This past coyote season, I was way too busy with life getting in the way to do any serious hunting with it. I have plans for next season, though.

Last edited:
Had to wait until I'd actually shot the new gun, but I knew waaaaay before pulling the trigger on my own Garand for the first time that it'd be my favorite.

The decent trigger pull, decent irons, and light kick are all fun, but the feel of the looooooong semi-auto action and the sound of the clip being ejected are my absolute favorite. It comes back on target so quickly for how big a round it shoots...I couldn't wipe the grin off my face until halfway home tonight.

My Remsport AR, the muzzle break on it makes it sound like a field gun going off. The range officer at Manchester stared goggle eyed when I took it to the range this weekend.

My new Beowulf 50 is fast becoming my most fun gun to shoot..... Reloaded with our cast bullets to keep the cost down it's an amazingly fun gun....[smile]

Back
Top Bottom