Mind your own business or get involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freinds and neighbors will get my help every time, stangers in the street brawling??? Maybe I mace them both after I call the PD. (I won't stick around to watch) Punk picking on nana/gramps or someone else equally out muscled? Well, I'm not gonna just stand there. The assault will end when mine begins.

Freinds and neighbors will get my help every time, stangers in the street brawling??? Maybe I mace them both after I call the PD. (I won't stick around to watch) Punk picking on nana/gramps or someone else equally out muscled? Well, I'm not gonna just stand there. The assault will end when mine begins.

Yeah. I guess I should have been more clear. I'm not going to break up the gang bangers that fight in front of my office all the time. They can beat themselves to death for all I care.

I'm appalled at the number of people not willing to help a fellow human, though.

For everyone here.. I see alot of great samaratins, and some smart people. For those of you who wouldnt get involved, I understand your line of thought.. just look at what happened to Veritas. In the state of Mass Confusion this most likely will be the case.

All I can say is, dont be a spectator. Thats posibly the WORST thing you can do. Get Involved... now.. i dont necesarrily mean go all Rambo on him or her, unless your 100% sure you are going to be the victor, and are 100% justified (even this statments not foolproof as we have heard).

Cellphones are a wonderful thing. REGARDLESS OF YOUR LEVEL OF INVOLVEMENT... your cellphone will be a record of the happenings as soon as 911 picks it up. STAY ON THE PHONE... even if you have to put it down to get physical. Lastly, If your going to get involved... go ugly early!!! Im too damn short to fight fair, your balls and your eyes are most likely gonna swap positions if i get that far into it :eek:)

Lastly, again I cannot emphasize enough reading Dave Ks book... having good information ahead of time will help you justify your actions on the stand, and might even be the difference between guilty and not... I hope you never have to find out.

Last edited:
Martlet, I think the reservation comes from stories like we've heard already of people jumping in to help and only being bent over and ****ed afterward by the legal system.

In a perfect world, I'd almost always jump in. But considering how easy it is to get sued and the major consequences that go along with that, even when your intent is only pure and good, it sometimes isn't worth it.

For me, at least, it is very circumstantial. I'll do whatever I possibly can without putting myself in serious legal danger.

I'm appalled at the number of people not willing to help a fellow human, though.
I'm almost 50. I've got bad feet. I'm gaining weight. I'm hugely nearsighted. One quick blow to my head and I'll lose my contact lenses and not be able to see past my nose. I wasn't big and strong and fast when I was young. I'm not getting stronger as I get older. I wasn't a good fighter when I was young. I'm certainly not a good fighter now. The fact that I'm a "good guy" isn't going to help me prevail against someone who is bigger, stronger, younger, and faster than I am. Just because I'm a fine, upstanding citizen doesn't mean I won't end up on the ground, like the victim, getting my brains bashed in.

Furthermore, if I come upon a street fight, I have no idea who started it or why, who is the "good guy" and who is the "bad guy."

I'm not saying that I would never intervene. But I am saying that, particularly in an urban area where police response will be very quick, I'm not looking to jump into the middle of such incidents. The physical and legal risks associated with doing so are grave and I don't take them lightly.

Last edited:
For everyone here.. I see alot of great samaratins, and some smart people. For those of you who wouldnt get involved, I understand your line of thought.. just look at what happened to Veritas. In the state of Mass Confusion this most likely will be the case.

All I can say is, dont be a spectator. Thats posibly the WORST thing you can do. Get Involved... now.. i dont necesarrily mean go all Rambo on him or her, unless your 100% sure you are going to be the victor, and are 100% justified (even this statments not foolproof as we have heard).

Cellphones are a wonderful thing. REGARDLESS OF YOUR LEVEL OF INVOLVEMENT... your cellphone will be a record of the happenings as soon as 911 picks it up. STAY ON THE PHONE... even if you have to put it down to get physical. Lastly, If your going to get involved... go ugly early!!! Im too damn short to fight fair, your balls and your eyes are most likely gonna swap positions if i get that far into it :eek:)

Lastly, again I cannot emphasize enough reading Dave Ks book... having good information ahead of time will help you justify your actions on the stand, and might even be the difference between guilty and not... I hope you never have to find out.

Martlet, I think the reservation comes from stories like we've heard already of people jumping in to help and only being bent over and ****ed afterward by the legal system.

In a perfect world, I'd almost always jump in. But considering how easy it is to get sued and the major consequences that go along with that, even when your intent is only pure and good, it sometimes isn't worth it.

For me, at least, it is very circumstantial. I'll do whatever I possibly can without putting myself in serious legal danger.

I'm almost 50. I've got bad feet. I'm gaining weight. I'm hugely nearsighted. One quick blow to my head and I'll lose my contact lenses and not be able to see past my nose. I wasn't big and strong and fast when I was young. I'm not getting stronger as I get older. I wasn't a good fighter when I was young. I'm certainly not a good fighter now. The fact that I'm a "good guy" isn't going to help me prevail against someone who is bigger, stronger, younger, and faster than I am. Just because I'm a fine, upstanding citizen doesn't mean I won't end up on the ground, like the victim, getting my brains bashed in.

Furthermore, if I come upon a street fight, I have no idea who started it or why, who is the "good guy" and who is the "bad guy."

I'm not saying that I would never intervene. But I am saying that, particularly in an urban area where police response will be very quick, I'm not looking to jump into the middle of such incidents. The physical and legal risks associated with doing so are grave and I don't take them lightly.

not that you guys will, but "follow your gut instinct".... it goes a long way.

-as gun owners or "people with concealed weapons permits" i think we (yall) tend to revolve your (our) thoughts around guns.

-keep a baseball bat handy, a 24" tourque wrench or some equally "less" deadly weapon [rofl] and you can probably make some caca happen.

i'm NOT joking. when the SHTF, the gun is that last thing on my mind....

I'm not going to bring a baseball bat to a fight where one of the BGs might have a gun. If I'm going to get involved, I want to be in absolute, 100% power. A baseball bat doesn't do that.

Damn double post...sorry.

I'm not going to bring a baseball bat to a fight where one of the BGs might have a gun. If I'm going to get involved, I want to be in absolute, 100% power. A baseball bat doesn't do that.

Damn double post...sorry.

um, who said I would NOT have my gun? it's pretty simple - for me because I'm brain washed... it is called the "escalation of force" [rofl]

Well, yeah, haha, but if I have a baseball bat in my hands, and the BG pulls his gun, I'm going to be one step behind, and that could be deadly.

Well, yeah, haha, but if I have a baseball bat in my hands, and the BG pulls his gun, I'm going to be one step behind, and that could be deadly.

I hear ya...

but when you move swiftly and crack a cranium, you won't need your gun

[pot]

i've done it.

[laugh]

I'd rather get beaten to a pulp than live with the knowledge that I stood my on my cell phone watching someone get victimized.

Sorry, but I'll act. There's always some other sheeple who will be calling 911 for me.

Last edited:
I'd rather get beaten to a pulp than live with the knowledge that I stood their on my cell phone watching someone get victimized.

Sorry, but I'll act. There's always some other sheeple who will be calling 911 for me.
I can understand and respect your views without calling you names.

I'd rather get beaten to a pulp than live with the knowledge that I stood their on my cell phone watching someone get victimized. Sorry, but I'll act. There's always some other sheeple who will be calling 911 for me.

If Veritas Aequitas had been killed, would it have been worth it? I don't think leaving my family and friends in despair is worth helping someone who could turn right around and sue the hell out of me, sorry. There are more important things in my life to me than putting my life on the line for someone I don't know, especially when doing so can get my ass in jail or in serious legal trouble, not to mention the financial problems that could arise.

Pardon me if I get a little touchy knowing people would sit on the phone with 911 should my family ever be in trouble.

It f***ing sucks, it does. But how the hell do I know your family won't turn around and sue me for all I'm worth and get me in trouble for doing something I should've been doing? Like I said, in a perfect world I'd always help. But we have f***ing idiotic laws and idiotic legal systems sometimes, and I'm not going to put everything on the line for that.

You're an awesome guy. Pardon me if I get a little touchy knowing people would sit on the phone with 911 should my family ever be in trouble.

I never said I'm awesome. I never said you're not. We have different opinions. I can discuss this without insulting you. Could you try to do the same?

I'd rather get beaten to a pulp than live with the knowledge that I stood my on my cell phone watching someone get victimized.

+1.. Mabe its my personalty but I couldn't live with my self if I just watched.

At least some people have a conscience. Some of you are welcome at my table any time.

Even though some sheeple wouldn't show my family the same responsibility, rest assured I'd still help theirs.

It really makes me sick.

At least some people have a conscience. Some of you are welcome at my table any time. Even though some sheeple wouldn't show my family the same responsibility, rest assured I'd still help theirs. It really makes me sick.

You didn't answer the question.

You didn't answer the question.

Because it can't be answered. Is it worth it? How do I know? My brothers are killed overseas every month. Is it worth it? I don't know. It doesn't matter. It's the right thing to do. Sometimes whether it's "worth it" doesn't come into play.

I do know if something happened, such as serious injury or death of the victim, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. To me, Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Honor, Integrity, Selfless Service, and Personal Courage aren't just words on a plaque. Some things are worth more than life. If people didn't believe that, you'd be speaking Russian.

Last edited:
The problem is the pussafication of America. And the brain washing by people like John bronell his message. Your to stupid and week and the criminal is to tough and violent let someone else (the police) protect you. This thread reminds me of a great song by Toby Keith and Willy Nelson beer for my horses.

Something I've thought about before is if you step in, stop the assault, the police show up and arrest the BG, now your name and information is in a police report and the BG and his friends can find you and F with you at his leisure. Maybe it'd be better to spray both parties down with pepper spray, walk away and call 911 from a pay phone or something. If I saw a little old lady getting mugged or something, I'm stepping in, but I don't want to leave a trail leading back to my family.

Im guessing since i offered the phone comments three times that its aimed at me... thats OK..... No offense to anyone but why in gods green earth would I want to be convicted of a fellony AND pay some shitbags dental work. This Isnt America people.. its Massachusetts..

Lets turn this arround a little.. how many of you drive right by accidents.. would you touch a person bleeding from a wound to stop it.. if you had no glove to protect you from this perfect strangers blood???? I would be willing to bet 10 of the 12 people here who wouldnt hesitate to bash some strangers teeth in for whatever wouldnt TOUCH a true person in need, unable to help themselves....What do you do when you see an accident... you drive by, you call 911 and you report it. Dont BS me, because there is NEVER 10 people in my way at a car accident on the highway.. there are ten people standing there taking cellphone pictures and talking to someone on their phone.... so... im a pu**y, look at me!! ...

Why can't you answer it? It isn't very difficult. Would it have been worth protecting that girl if Veritas had been killed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom