Mass. LTC Class A-All Lawful Purposes licensees

Can you help me? I'm doing a survey of all cities and towns in Mass. concerning their licensing practices. It appears on www.packing.org. on the Mass. webpage. Cities are color coded in green, red, or black. If your town or city will issue a resident a Class A-All Lawful Purposes LTC with no restrictions(concealed carry), if you complete the requirements of the license, and pass the background check, I need your help with info. If they might, but will make you jump through hoops, please help. If they refuse to issue Class A LTC's without restrictions, I can use that info. Partial results can be viewed by scrolling down the Mass. webpage at the above website. If your city or town has not been surveyed(colored grey) and you have info, I would appreciate it. You can email info to me at [email protected] or [email protected]. Many thanks for any info. This survey will be available to GOAL for their future legislative action in Mass.

Holden, MA is Green as it should be. Police Chief Sherrill is a straight shooter and a great guy.

Buffalo Bill said:
Can you help me? I'm doing a survey of all cities and towns in Mass. concerning their licensing practices. It appears on www.packing.org. on the Mass. webpage. Cities are color coded in green, red, or black. If your town or city will issue a resident a Class A-All Lawful Purposes LTC with no restrictions(concealed carry), if you complete the requirements of the license, and pass the background check, I need your help with info. If they might, but will make you jump through hoops, please help. If they refuse to issue Class A LTC's without restrictions, I can use that info. Partial results can be viewed by scrolling down the Mass. webpage at the above website. If your city or town has not been surveyed(colored grey) and you have info, I would appreciate it. You can email info to me at [email protected] or [email protected]. Many thanks for any info. This survey will be available to GOAL for their future legislative action in Mass.

The current Westford chief once said that there was no reason to agonize over whether or not to issue a handgun license when the person could always have a 12 guage pump with just an FID. If you're not disqualified by statute, you will get a Class A - ALP LTC.

Ken

Randolph should be green. The LT is a good guy. Issues LTC-A for All lawful purposes if you pass the background check.

Wilmington should be green. As long as you pass the standard requirements, you should be fine. The officers I dealt with were very friendly and hepful. I actually got a class B first because of my experience in Woburn (see below) and upgraded to a Class A with no hassle at all.

Woburn should probably be red. I first investigated getting licensed when I lived in this town and they have a lot of additional requirements designed to discourage (multiple letters of recommendation, scheduling by only one person who's only in a limited number of hours a week, a required quiz on gun laws only given on Saturday, etc.). I also believe you have to prove cause for a Class A, but I'm not 100% on that.

Westhampton should be green. But we are also getting a new police chief. Hubby has to renew soon so will let you know if any problems.

Haverhill is green. As long as everyone meets the requirements, then the chief will issue an unrestricted A. We have nice licensing officer too. He chats with you as he's typing the info up. He's a good guy.

Acton, and Bolton are Green based on 1st hand experience.

Hudson should be Red. They deny carry on first issue, but usually are ok on renewals - especially if you show some kind of training.

Others I know are Green from students applying...

Ayer, Berlin, Sterling, Princeton, Littleton, Stow, Hopkington

I'm pretty sure that Lee, MA is a green town. (^_^)

Brookline is wierd. I know some people who got their permit with little difficulty, but others are told "no way".

If your city or town has not been surveyed(colored grey) and you have info, I would appreciate it.

im in gloucester,Ma , a grey town on the list.
i was issued an Unrestricted Class A, All Lawfull Purposes.
took about 76 days if i remeber correctly, but it was issued so no complaints.

Chris said:
Brookline is wierd. I know some people who got their permit with little difficulty, but others are told "no way".

Yup, Brookline has always been weird!

Might this be those that applied when Raskin was doing the licensing and those applying after he handed over licensing to another officer (recent event)?

"Brookline is wierd [sic]."

Brookline is past weird. Brookline is flat-out in violation of the controlling law.

It requires "practical fire" exercises in violation of the safety course statute, even (IIRC) for renewals (as Newton does).

It requires "letters of reference" despite there being NO such statutory requirement, AND it wants them on letterhead. It further EXCLUDES police and elected officials from writing such letters.

It requires a "contract" as to transport, a matter wholly under statute, then issues LTC's for "target & transport," whatever a separate "transport" element of a license is.

It used to have a sergeant who would ferret out all sorts of irrelevant info and use it to harass and deny applicants; the Norfolk County equivalent of Inspector Javert. He's gone on to "Homeland Security" where, I'm sure, he's abusing his increased powers while wrapping himself in the flag and claiming he's "Protecting America."

Weird ain't the HALF of it....... [roll]

I had to send an e-mail - couldn't get the page to work. Anyway, you should have my info. What can I say - Peabody sucks big time... [evil]

Blemont and Medford both won't Issue ALP licences for first-time-issues (I haven't renewd, but I doubt they'd lift my restriction on second issue or any other either)

Other than than I recived my LTC-A: Target and Hunting in 30 days.

-Weer'd Beard

"It used to have a sergeant who would ferret out all sorts of irrelevant info and use it to harass and deny applicants; the Norfolk County equivalent of Inspector Javert. He's gone on to "Homeland Security" where, I'm sure, he's abusing his increased powers while wrapping himself in the flag and claiming he's "Protecting America." " S.

Without mentioning any names, I would say that Scrivner had made what we would call a very good predictive analysis of the situation. Of course other than that I can neither confirm nor deny [wink]

Mark

Winchendon does not issue ALP unless you have "cause". If you need to carry for work, they will specify "going to/from work and at work".

That said, I am still waiting for my permit. I'm hoping against hope...

North Attleboro is almost certainly green. It has a very fair chief who is a gentleman to deal with.

Attleboro is something else.........

(Still waiting for a BARF icon!)

Weer'd Beard said:
Blemont and Medford both won't Issue ALP licences for first-time-issues (I haven't renewd, but I doubt they'd lift my restriction on second issue or any other either)

Chelmsford used to be like that. They'd issue either a Class B or a restricted Class A for all first-time applicants, but would automatically issue Class A ALP for all renewals (unless there have been some problem during the first license). Now I hear that it's just Class A ALP for everyone.

Ken

KMaurer said:
Weer'd Beard said:

Chelmsford used to be like that. They'd issue either a Class B or a restricted Class A for all first-time applicants, but would automatically issue Class A ALP for all renewals (unless there have been some problem during the first license). Now I hear that it's just Class A ALP for everyone.

Ken

I got the feeling while talking to the Firearms officer in Belmont (after moving from Medford and wishing to upgrade my licence) that currently they "consider" re-issues for ALP, and that it probably won't be long before the ALP goes the way of the Dinosaurs in Belmont.

And I have this NICE pocket Colt! it just SCREAMS "Conceal me! you KNOW you want to!" 8)

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

I would rate Leominster as red. In the past you had to prove that there was a specific threat against you to get an ALP. That changed with MIRCS and the "ALP" reason which defaulted on the computer. I had no problem getting an ALP the last time I renewed, but now that GOAL's good intentions have backfired and there is supposedly a drop-down box that lists restrictions, I don't know what the situation is.

The good news, is that the Firearms Licensing Clerk is a very nice lady, and very friendly and helpful.

Mark

Scrivener said:
North Attleboro is almost certainly green. It has a very fair chief who is a gentleman to deal with.

Attleboro is something else.........

(Still waiting for a BARF icon!)

THis is how you do it. Copy the URL http://enfielditis.net/other/puke.gif and then click on the Img button, paste the URL and hit Close Tags. The result will be:
puke.gif

Back
Top Bottom