Mass. LTC Class A-All Lawful Purposes licensees

I had an expired FID (all lawful purpose) in Fairhaven and decided to try for a LTC class A . I've been checking the mail everyday but not sure if that's the procedure. Someone told me they call. Today makes 3 weeks just wondering if I have a long way to go or if it's getting warmer.

I have tried several times to pull up the packing.org website in both IE and Mozilla without any success. I have also tried to email WildBill as well and each time the email is rejected. I am happy to provide the info for my town/city but I don't want to post it on an open forum as I live in a red town.
Bob

Who know's? This thread seems to have returned from the dead after years of moldering; perhaps Packing.org could be resurrected after having shut down years ago, too.

Try handgunlaw.us

Ken

WRENTHAM-- Green

I called the station to set up an appointment, and immediately got the licensing officer on the phone. He asked when I would like to come in, I said I could be there in an hour, and he said 'no problem!' Unbelievable! The application process took about a half hour, he was extremely pleasant and friendly through the whole process. I had prepared a letter explaining my reasons for requesting issuance-- he seemed to get a chuckle out of that, and simply typed "All Lawful Purposes" in the 'Reasons for Issuance' section. After the app and pictures and prints were done, he advised me that I should hear from him in about a month. Pretty much exactly a month later I got the call-- my Class A UNRESTRICTED was ready for pick-up!

Last edited:
WRENTHAM-- Green

I called the station to set up an appointment, and immediately got the licensing officer on the phone. He asked when I would like to come in, I said I could be there in an hour, and he said 'no problem!' Unbelievable! The application process took about a half hour, he was extremely pleasant and friendly through the whole process. I had prepared a letter explaining my reasons for requesting issuance-- he seemed to get a chuckle out of that, and simply typed "All Lawful Purposes" in the 'Reasons for Issuance' section. After the app and pictures and prints were done, he advised me that I should hear from him in about a month. Pretty much exactly a month later I got the call-- my Class A UNRESTRICTED was ready for pick-up!

Congratulations on your LTC.

You know it is a pretty sad statement when we get so excited by the local PD doing their job in a timely and friendly fashion. It just speaks volumes about how far we have fallen since I was a kid.

Bob

Aside from some of the typos that have been made on licenses (e.g., All Awful Purposes, All Unlawful Purposes), my favorite was the common "Protection of Life and Property". It tended to be the favorite of know-nothing chiefs who insisted that there was no such thing as "All Lawful Purposes", that it was simply something made up by the NRA or GOAL. "But your honor, the chief explicitly authorized me I to use deadly force in defense of my television set." [shocked]

Ken

Ken, you haven't seen my TV.... :D

Back
Top Bottom