Machine gun license

What LuvDog said is correct. It's $100.00 unless you're an old geezer like me. Then it's free. You don't want to apply and have it rejected because when you apply to renew any gun license and they ask if a license has ever been denied or revoked, you'll have to answer yes. Good luck explaining that.

All kidding aside I’ve got 2 questions:

How does Bruen decision affect green cards in MA?

Does one have to REALLY show they are a bona fide collector to CLEO?…Like show me your 03 book to make sure you have a decent collection?…or just get the 03 and apply…
The law only allows for two reasons for issuance of a MG license: Trainer of LE or bona-fide collector.

Hard to judge meaning from only two words and an acronym. That is the great failing of non-personal communication.

Me, boring? Hardly. Fortunately I have the many memories, unfortunately I also have the scars, lumps and bumps as testament. [wave]

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_CzGEQHHbEM

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/KDq4TOBmTC0

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/twpx3CkLl_4

Oh, and to answer your other question "in my specific case" I just showed them a copy of my current 03-FFL. As I'm sure you are aware, we ultimately have 351 sets of requirements here in PDROMA. :(

You’ve been on here for 17 years and you don’t know what NES sarcasm is 😂👍🏻

full auto doesn’t do anything for me. I spent enough time in the Corps as a machine gunner firing real machine guns

The law only allows for two reasons for issuance of a MG license: Trainer of LE or bona-fide collector.
And neither of them are constitutional.

Neither is the assignment of the chief of police as the gate keeper as an issuing authority.

You either have a right or you don't. All the minutia added into the mix is completely unconstitutional.

And neither of them are constitutional.

Neither is the assignment of the chief of police as the gate keeper as an issuing authority.

You either have a right or you don't. All the minutia added into the mix is completely unconstitutional.
We know. Preaching to the choir. Rob was just pointing out the law as it is written.

full auto doesn’t do anything for me. I spent enough time in the Corps as a machine gunner firing real machine guns
I feel you. I have a shit load of guns in my collection. Not one of them is an ar......not one pistol is 9mm. They bore me after a career in the Army.

The only full auto I'd say yes to playing with is the m2. I'd never turn down a chance to dance with ma deuce. Spent alot of time with her over the years and she is one amazing piece of equipment.

This. With a tripod and T&E, plus a crew, a machine gun is a devastatingly effective piece of gear. Even if it's heavy and a PITA to jump.

Without? It's a novelty, a very, very, very expensive way to make a lot of noise and shoot a lot of inaccurate rounds. I've never seen the draw, but then I've BTDT.

The coolest FA weapon I ever messed with was a Mk19. That? That was FUN.

I am not aware of ANY case where a MA court has found for the applicant in a MG denial appeal. I know one was lost because the court accepted the PD logic of "we do not issue such licenses because MGs are too dangerous".

If anyone comes across a case where the applicant won such an appeal, please post it.

I am not aware of ANY case where a MA court has found for the applicant in a MG denial appeal. I know one was lost because the court accepted the PD logic of "we do not issue such licenses because MGs are too dangerous".

If anyone comes across a case where the applicant won such an appeal, please post it.
Just because a case hasn't been found for the applicant upon appeal in an MG license denial, that doesn't mean that the licensing of the right itself is constitutional.

You seem to always play into the hands of the bogus "authority" that screws the general public.

I was one phone call away from FEDERALLY suing my chief of police for that very same reason....."she just didn't want machine guns in "HER TOWN".....to which I responded, "You just issued TWO machine gun licenses to TWO of my friends last week, AM I A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN IN MY OWN TOWN?

She must have spoken to the town attorney and realized she was facing 15 years in federal prison for abuse of office under the color of law charges and finally relented and issued the license.

Last edited:
This. With a tripod and T&E, plus a crew, a machine gun is a devastatingly effective piece of gear. Even if it's heavy and a PITA to jump.

Without? It's a novelty, a very, very, very expensive way to make a lot of noise and shoot a lot of inaccurate rounds. I've never seen the draw, but then I've BTDT.

Sure is. Along with the original widow maker my body is heavily damaged from shooting and humping that thing around. I can’t imagine jumping with either 2 of those…just strap them to a pallet and kick it out the door😂

I could repeat what the others said.

Hope you got deep pockets for that fun.
There was a time I was seriously considering getting my C&R and then possibly a Green Stripe on my LTC.
Beyond the outrageous cost to purchase Full Auto, then you have to feed them. I don't have that kind of means.

Explaining how things actually work is not buying into the legitimacy of such actions, any more than a new site reporting on a mass murder plays into the hands for the criminal.
Well then in hindsight, I guess I should have just followed through with my federal lawsuit and put the bitch in federal prison for a few years, then NO MA judge would have ever had the opportunity to even opine on the issue.

Well then in hindsight, I guess I should have just followed through with my federal lawsuit and put the bitch in federal prison for a few years, then NO MA judge would have ever had the opportunity to even opine on the issue.
It is not a given that you would have won - the CA1 hates gun owners and gun right cases.

Comm2a filed a case contesting the AG's ruling that Glocks (a) Lacked an effective loaded chamber indication and (b) that she had the authority to ban guns based on this.

The court read the filing, ruled that all claims by the AG were accepted as fact, all claims by plaintiff reject, and summary judgment granted. We were not even allowed a hearing to present our side of the case or expert testimony.

For regular fun times or open terrain maybe, but small arms FA has its use in the dense foliage and vegetation of a jungle environment. When rounds start coming in the effective fire going out should be an immediate and overwhelming response.

Not to mention the rate of fire available from even a handful of guys on FA to dominate and overwhelm a kill zone when the ambush bell rings. I think it’s just a learned discipline to know when it’s going to be effective or when guys are just dumping supplies in an unwarranted fashion.

Back
Top Bottom