• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

City of Chicago sues Glock Inc. over 'facilitating' illegal gun conversions: The firearms can be turned into machine guns for as little as $20

Reptile

NES Member

The firearms can be turned into machine guns for as little as $20, the lawsuit claims​

The city of Chicago has filed a lawsuit against Glock, Inc., blaming the gun-maker for facilitating the manufacturing of illegal machine guns being used on the crime-ridden streets of the Windy City.

"Criminals armed with Modified Glocks are emboldened because of their military-grade firepower, and they kill and injure more people, increasing the terror felt by ordinary Chicagoans," the lawsuit said.

The lawsuit alleges that Georgia-based Glock, Inc., endangers Chicago residents by manufacturing and distributing machine guns that can "easily" be modified into guns that can fire as many as 1,200 rounds per minute on the streets of the city.

"Glock knows that it takes little effort to convert its pistols into illegal machine guns and that criminals frequently do so," the lawsuit alleges. "Glock also knows it could fix the problem, but has chosen not to, putting profits over public safety and violating the law."

The guns can be converted with an auto sears, a cheap, small device commonly known as a "Glock switch."

According to the lawsuit, the Glock switches are the size of a quarter and are easily purchased illegally online for around $20 or manufactured at home using a 3D printer.

Continues...

I expect that Massachusetts will soon be removing Glocks from "the list" or "the roster" and banning ALL sales in Massachusetts.

good thing that's gonna put a dent in black on black crime. bet if the negro gets reparations there'll be a spike in armed robberies, ya think?

That is the most frivolous lawsuit I’ve ever heard of because something can be converted for $20?

It’s like nobody’s ever heard of an open bolt machine gun…

"Criminals armed with Modified Glocks are emboldened because of their military-grade firepower, and they kill and injure more people, increasing the terror felt by ordinary Chicagoans," the lawsuit said.

So the ordinary Chicagoans we are referring to are black felons that are breaking laws?

I’m pretty sure one more law will solve that. But hey, do you find the police and don’t incarcerate anybody because that’s racist

One of my favorite Tremors move quotes right up there with:

What's that?
Burt: Cannon Fuse
What's it for?
Burt: My Cannon

Last edited:

LOL!! 😂 Like saying “I fixed it great but it’s still broken.”

’Everytown Law, an organization of litigators affiliated with the gun control group Everytown for Gun Safety, is assisting the city of Chicago with the lawsuit...

Everytown cited Illinois as among the strongest in gun safety laws in the country, with low levels of gun ownership, but the state nonetheless continues “to experience an unacceptable rate of gun violence.

Don’t give Chicago any good ideas…

”But Richard Pearson, executive director of the Illinois State Rifle Association, a gun rights organization, said Tuesday’s lawsuit against Glock was a way for the city to “duck responsibility.”

“They should be going after the criminals — not Glock. They should be charging them and putting them in jail,” Pearson said. “If a guy crashes going 160 mph down Lake Shore Drive because he modified his car, are you going to sue Ford or GM for that?

…As for the city’s lawsuit against two big car makers, Kia and Hyundai, the case is pending. The lawsuit, filed Aug. 24 in Cook County Circuit Court, alleges the designs of the automakers’ vehicles are flawed because they’re easy to steal, helping fuel a car theft crisis in Chicago.”

Last edited:
So when Chicago doesn't want to enforce the law, they just blame someone else? Makes perfect sense.
They're blaming inanimate objects and, by extension, the manufacturers of those objects, who must per their "logic" be imbuing them with Bad Juju or whatever. Some unsuspecting BIPOC wanders by, and... BAM! Possessed!

The high shelf cut in an AR lower is there to preclude easy installation of a full auto trigger group and sear.
The requirement of machining takes the lower out of the realm of readily convertible.

I'm not certain that is true for glock receivers - Is the need to simply and easily file off a small plastic protuberance constitute readily modifiable? If the ATF can say that center punching a mark at the auto-sear location on an AR lower with no further mods creates a machinegun then I would say that a small amount of filing that needs little precision would also constitute the same

I don't agree with any of it but it will likely make it to SCOTUS before any real analysis happens instead of rubber stamping a win for Chicago

Didnt they sue Hyundai?
They're just gonna sue everybody for the problems they created.
McDonalds next for all the fat people.

Last edited:
So when are they suing wish.com for selling the giggle switches? China? Nah, sue the company that literally has nothing to do with other company's felonies.

The high shelf cut in an AR lower is there to preclude easy installation of a full auto trigger group and sear.
The requirement of machining takes the lower out of the realm of readily convertible.

I'm not certain that is true for glock receivers - Is the need to simply and easily file off a small plastic protuberance constitute readily modifiable? If the ATF can say that center punching a mark at the auto-sear location on an AR lower with no further mods creates a machinegun then I would say that a small amount of filing that needs little precision would also constitute the same

I don't agree with any of it but it will likely make it to SCOTUS before any real analysis happens instead of rubber stamping a win for Chicago

But is that ATF stance just over-reach rather than law? Hence, the Chevron SCOTUS case wrt administrative bureaucracies interpreting laws as they see fit. I’d be happy to see ATF issue a “memo” on Glock Switches and Glocks - the outcry would be huge. It’s one thing to mess with Bump Stocks on “assault rifles” before SCOTUS weighs in on an “assault rifle” case, but pistols are already a done deal with Heller. Other than length/weight in federal laws, there are no restrictions on design.

The “readily modifiable” part wrt Class III firearms is the pinch-point. If “3D ghost guns” are illegal, then any AR receiver can be slapped into a CAD/CAM mill and machined - is that “easy installation of an auto-sear”? I expect that AI will soon be able to design and produce 3D printed mechanisms to make any pistol a “machine gun” with minor holes and notches in OEM pistols.

Zip-tie 3 G17s together and put a dowel across their triggers - is that a “select fire” machine gun that can fire three rounds with one manual finger action? Hmmm…

But is that ATF stance just over-reach rather than law? Hence, the Chevron SCOTUS case wrt administrative bureaucracies interpreting laws as they see fit. I’d be happy to see ATF issue a “memo” on Glock Switches and Glocks - the outcry would be huge. It’s one thing to mess with Bump Stocks on “assault rifles” before SCOTUS weighs in on an “assault rifle” case, but pistols are already a done deal with Heller. Other than length/weight in federal laws, there are no restrictions on design.

The “readily modifiable” part wrt Class III firearms is the pinch-point. If “3D ghost guns” are illegal, then any AR receiver can be slapped into a CAD/CAM mill and machined - is that “easy installation of an auto-sear”? I expect that AI will soon be able to design and produce 3D printed mechanisms to make any pistol a “machine gun” with minor holes and notches in OEM pistols.

Zip-tie 3 G17s together and put a dowel across their triggers - is that a “select fire” machine gun that can fire three rounds with one manual finger action? Hmmm…
But that is 3 separate firearms acting on independent triggers being actuated - weld a dowel across the triggers then it might be an nfa item.

However, I agree that the ATF positions are over-reach allowed by the Chevron doctrine run amuck

… yeah because a high shelf and different size pin holes for the fire control group really prevents me from putting in a lightning link. Bro, do you dremmel much?

All these “fixes” to prevent full auto weapons are a goddamn joke

Criminals armed with Modified Glocks are emboldened because of their military-grade firepower, and they kill and injure more people, increasing the terror felt by ordinary Chicagoans," the lawsuit said.

Wohooo..Who needs long full auto guns when you can have full auto Glocks for all the "military-grade firepower" one can wish for?

Virtue signaling, posturing Idiots...

So the ordinary Chicagoans we are referring to are black felons that are breaking laws?

I’m pretty sure one more law will solve that. But hey, do you find the police and don’t incarcerate anybody because that’s racist

What you said !!!!!

Even the playing field. The 2nd amendment is for everyone, not just 15 year old Chicago hood niggas. Unlock the 2nd amendment and get rid of bullshit unconstitutional restrictions and let the white law abiding taxpayers get their full auto AKs, MP5s, MP7s, P90s off the shelf at their local gun store so they can also embrace the spirit of the founders of our nation.

Even the playing field. The 2nd amendment is for everyone, not just 15 year old Chicago hood niggas. Unlock the 2nd amendment and get rid of bullshit unconstitutional restrictions and let the white law abiding taxpayers get their full auto AKs, MP5s, MP7s, P90s off the shelf at their local gun store so they can also embrace the spirit of the founders of our nation.
I just want a sam setup... aa flak guns... mini guns at varying fire pits... and a couple 9 pound smooth bores loaded with grape

And 1 9mm silencer

Not unreasonable

Back
Top Bottom