MA: Deval to Introduce New Gun Legislation Today

Much better in that you have the referenced laws. They have the same flavor yes. My objection to your original post was your choice of words, specifically "CT has the exact same AWB that MA does" which could only lead to butt hurt for someone not doing the work of actually looking up the laws and reading.

We all need to be careful to not post inaccurate information about the laws that can put other NESers in a load of hurt.

Part of me wonders if they actually know what they are doing and just acting dumb. Maybe its one big cluster **** to keep the idiots happy who know nothing and keep us gun owners somewhat happy.

Enhance background checks by bringing Massachusetts into compliance with the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). This would require the Commonwealth’s courts to transmit all relevant mental health records to the Massachusetts criminal justice information system so that the federal government could include this information in a national registry all states access before issuing gun licenses.

On anti-anxiety meds? Depression meds? Mood stabilizers? Received help for OCD?

SAF, Comm, you better get on this.

Just one question for Cadilac Deval, What Fxxxing Gun Show Loop Hole in Massachusetts? Hasn't he heard of FA10 forms?

The 1 gun a month law that Gov DP is seeking has been joked about before, but you need to read the wording.

SECTION 6. Section 123 of chapter 140 of the General Laws, as so appearing, is hereby amended by inserting after the first sentence in the third paragraph the following sentence:- No person licensed under section 122 shall sell, rent or lease, to another person, other than to an exempt person under subsection (c) of section 131E, more than 1 rifle, shotgun, firearm, machine gun, large capacity weapon or large capacity feeding device in any 30-day period.

Not that there are many pre-ban large cap mags left to buy, it is still a problem.

Just one question for Cadilac Deval, What Fxxxing Gun Show Loop Hole in Massachusetts? Hasn't he heard of FA10 forms?

You would probably get a blank stare if you asked him what an FA10 was. Remember, he thinks ARs are illegal in MA.

Amend the existing law addressing weapons on school grounds by creating tiered punishments for possessing different weapons on school property and giving police the authority to arrest without a warrant in order to quickly diffuse a dangerous situation on school property.

Create four new crimes: assault and battery by means of a firearm, assault by means of a firearm, being a felon in possession of a firearm and commission of a violent misdemeanor while in possession of a weapon. Additionally, the bill increases the authorized minimum penalties for third and fourth offenses of illegal possession and carrying of firearms, shotguns, rifles, and machine guns and increases the maximum punishment for a second offense.

LMAO! see you in court Stupid. So is it Go time or are we just going to sit and complain?

Enhance background checks by bringing Massachusetts into compliance with the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). This would require the Commonwealth’s courts to transmit all relevant mental health records to the Massachusetts criminal justice information system so that the federal government could include this information in a national registry all states access before issuing gun licenses.

On anti-anxiety meds? Depression meds? Mood stabilizers? Received help for OCD?

SAF, Comm, you better get on this.

+1

Amend the existing law addressing weapons on school grounds by creating tiered punishments for possessing different weapons on school property and giving police the authority to arrest without a warrant in order to quickly diffuse a dangerous situation on school property.

Create four new crimes: assault and battery by means of a firearm, assault by means of a firearm, being a felon in possession of a firearm and commission of a violent misdemeanor while in possession of a weapon. Additionally, the bill increases the authorized minimum penalties for third and fourth offenses of illegal possession and carrying of firearms, shotguns, rifles, and machine guns and increases the maximum punishment for a second offense.

LMAO! see you in court Stupid. So is it Go time or are we just going to sit and complain?

Funny thing is if a teacher has an LTC in mass they can carry if they have permission from the principle and superintendent.

Funny thing is if a teacher has an LTC in mass they can carry if they have permission from the principle and superintendent.

GOOD.

- - - Updated - - -

And **** you Deval. I'm not following anything you say. You are scum and I refuse to live under your bullshit. If I could, I'd be gone from MA but I can't as of now. MJR said it best, this can go South real fast if they attack our patient records. Unbelievable.

$2M for Emergency Services Program supporting Secure Mobile Capacity and Technology: Mobile Crisis teams travel to locations with individuals in crisis and provide specialized mental health services from trained responders. The increase to the personnel and technology budget will improve and expand the Commonwealth’s Mobile Crisis outreach capacity, while enhancing staff safety and response times. The goal of each Mobile Crisis unit is to prevent potential harm or violence by helping individuals with mental health needs connect with treatment.

$1M for Mental Health Training and Consultation to School Systems: Middle and high school personnel will receive training and ongoing technical assistance to recognize symptoms of mental illness in students and to learn how to effectively address and support students with mental illness effectively.
$900,000 for Crisis Intervention Training (CIT): This increase more than doubles the Department’s current crisis intervention training budget for law enforcement and other community-based first responders. Responders trained in CIT can better recognize, de-escalate and intervene with individuals who are in emotional distress or suffering from a mental illness and divert them to treatment they need.

$500,000 for the Massachusetts Child Psychiatric Access Program: Most mental illnesses begin in childhood and early diagnosis and treatment can help keep children healthy and prevent psychiatric disability in adulthood. The Massachusetts Child Psychiatric Access Program provides access to psychiatric consultation to pediatricians for medication, treatment and referral for children who exhibit signs of behavioral or mental health concerns during pediatrics visits.

Liberals are total RETARDS....Amazing power grab here, basically, Doctor, Enforcer and Judge all in one package!

$2M for Emergency Services Program supporting Secure Mobile Capacity and Technology: Mobile Crisis teams travel to locations with individuals in crisis and provide specialized mental health services from trained responders. The increase to the personnel and technology budget will improve and expand the Commonwealth’s Mobile Crisis outreach capacity, while enhancing staff safety and response times. The goal of each Mobile Crisis unit is to prevent potential harm or violence by helping individuals with mental health needs connect with treatment.

$1M for Mental Health Training and Consultation to School Systems: Middle and high school personnel will receive training and ongoing technical assistance to recognize symptoms of mental illness in students and to learn how to effectively address and support students with mental illness effectively.
$900,000 for Crisis Intervention Training (CIT): This increase more than doubles the Department’s current crisis intervention training budget for law enforcement and other community-based first responders. Responders trained in CIT can better recognize, de-escalate and intervene with individuals who are in emotional distress or suffering from a mental illness and divert them to treatment they need.

$500,000 for the Massachusetts Child Psychiatric Access Program: Most mental illnesses begin in childhood and early diagnosis and treatment can help keep children healthy and prevent psychiatric disability in adulthood. The Massachusetts Child Psychiatric Access Program provides access to psychiatric consultation to pediatricians for medication, treatment and referral for children who exhibit signs of behavioral or mental health concerns during pediatrics visits.

Liberals are total RETARDS....Amazing power grab here, basically, Doctor, Enforcer and Judge all in one package!

I'm sorry, how is this bad? I read through it and I really don't see how they can grab power here. I mean MA has no money anyway so this'll probably never make it off the floor, but of all the legislation I've seen this is the first one I see that actually says, "can we help the kids".

I'm sorry, how is this bad? I read through it and I really don't see how they can grab power here. I mean MA has no money anyway so this'll probably never make it off the floor, but of all the legislation I've seen this is the first one I see that actually says, "can we help the kids".

The "Mobile crisis team" will look suspiciously like your local SWAT unit.

Belief in Invisible Beings, who tell you what to do, will certainly be classified as Mental Illness.

Unless the Imaginery Being is Allah. That'd be fine.

The 1 gun a month law that Gov DP is seeking has been joked about before, but you need to read the wording.

SECTION 6. Section 123 of chapter 140 of the General Laws, as so appearing, is hereby amended by inserting after the first sentence in the third paragraph the following sentence:- No person licensed under section 122 shall sell, rent or lease, to another person, other than to an exempt person under subsection (c) of section 131E, more than 1 rifle, shotgun, firearm, machine gun, large capacity weapon or large capacity feeding device in any 30-day period.

Not that there are many pre-ban large cap mags left to buy, it is still a problem.

You can't rent or lease a gun to another person more than once per month??? Does that mean that if I go to a range that has rentals, like AFS, and rent a gun there, I then can't go buy a gun for 30 days?

I think your limited to buying 1, touching 5 and shooting 3... If they find you touching more than 5 guns your a feline. Sorry!

You can't rent or lease a gun to another person more than once per month??? Does that mean that if I go to a range that has rentals, like AFS, and rent a gun there, I then can't go buy a gun for 30 days?

It doesn't have to make it to the floor, it will be tied in to Obamacare. Read carefully there are many slight of hand words here.

"

Could you imagine if NY State LEO's today said NO, we are not enforcing these laws and there was a statewide strike, this is called an informational cascade, and a tipping point, but we are not there yet.

How we get there I do not know, perhaps bloodshed, perhaps it happens through an unrelated shock, such as an economic crisis.

Either way, the battl right now is being fought in the media, via the perception that one side is winning vis-a-vis the other.

What happens is laws like this (NY, etc.) pass. Our opportunity is when things don't change after the laws go into effect. So NY passes their laws, and another nutcase goes on a rampage, killing a whole bunch of people.

What then has to happen is to have a media campaign asking, 'so how did changing 10 rds to 7 rnd mags do anything? How did that guy do this when we have banned all these guns?'

What I am surprised by with the NRA is that did not run an educational response, but rather a dig in your heels response. I think they are using 1980s strategies in 2013. I think their ad today pissed off most of america.

But I believe we are losing in the media, and the politicians follow the media.

Back
Top Bottom