MA: Deval to Introduce New Gun Legislation Today

“No matter what we do at the state level – and we should do all we can – we are still a nation, and not a confederacy of states, and we have free movement among the states,” Patrick said. “So this is a national issue and there is some need for a national response.”

Dumb ****ing retard

Just a thought ... why don't we have someone take all of the GOAL bills, wrap them together into a bill called the "MA Safe Streets and Assault Weapon Ban Bill" and push it through? What's the likelihood that they'll actually read the bill and see that it has nothing to do with an AWB?

Seriously, though, we have a better chance than NY did. Our legislators aren't any less moronic unfortunately, but the MA system is more set up for gridlock - in NY the powers that be basically run things from the back offices. Add to that the fact that our legislature doesn't much like Deval, and the fact that GOAL is far more effective in MA than similar organizations in NY, and we've at least got a fighting chance.

I can only hope your statement was intended as sarcasm.

None of those features make the firearm more dangerous, just scary looking.

Indeed, but only partly. They have defined an assault weapon as having certain features that make them more dangerous We are allowed to own rifles that do not have them. The guy who wants to take away even more guns says that we have laws in place that make it illegal to own the exact gun used in a heinous crime, which implies that further restrictions on those weapons are not necessary. Then some folks here feel obliged to point out that in fact the difference is strictly cosmetic and the guns we can buy here are every bit as dangerous as the ones used in the heinous crime, which any reasonable person could conclude means they should all be banned( if that is your inclination).

True or not, it seems pretty damned stupid to argue against your own case when your opponent is making it for you.

How about if we just send the state senate some videos of UsPSA and SASS championship matches so they can see how killy every firearm is . Then they can require that we store them all in two feet of poured concrete. We will get to keep them all, and they will be right there any time we need them.

Just keep a chisel handy.

Last edited:
So essentially there goes our ability to grab multiples on group buys. How
many straw buys do they think are happening? Oh wait they are all registered already so they should know. Yet people still vote for these idiots

Can someone PM me a link to a live news broadcast when/if this goes live today? I'm at work so I can't really follow this thread, but a PM will send me an email notice. Thanks in advance!

Anyone have a link to this press conference? I am sure Deval will want his TV time. I am sure he will talk about how fast NY did it, and that we need to be more like NY.

he will probably do it during the state of the state address tonight.

patrick is a festering piece of shit. this is what i am including with the link when i pass it around:

...because the children were slaughtered in MA. or with guns from MA. the shooter wasn't even a resident of MA. i fail to see how any of this matters. if i were a parent of a child who was murdered i would be outraged that politicians are writing their speeches looking to expand government control on top of my child's coffin and using a pen inked with their blood. no need to dance around the facts: this is exactly what is happening and it's disgusting.

"Patrick administration officials say the Bushmaster .223-caliber rifle that the Connecticut shooter allegedly used cannot be legally purchased in Massachusetts because it is prohibited under the state’s assault weapons ban."
Last time I checked these "military grade destructive people killers " are perfectly legal in Ma. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. F***king people don't even understand current laws. How can they introduce new ones when they don't understand the firearm or "assault weapon" or even the existing laws.

stfu.

I wish I could leave this state...man...

Wish in one hand, sh!t in the other, tell me what hand fills up first... I will take this speech, and the looming tax hikes as a sign that I am not welcome here in my home state and I will walk...... I've been planning on selling my house and moving up, 150k house on a decent size parcel in Florida is looking more attractive by the hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if i were a parent of a child who was murdered i would be outraged that politicians are writing their speeches looking to expand government control on top of my child's coffin and using a pen inked with their blood. no need to dance around the facts: this is exactly what is happening and it's disgusting.

If one of my own children were a victim in such an tragedy I don't know what my reaction would be. Probably to S&D the perpetrator. I can empathize as a father how they must feel. I can see how they personally might come to believe that firearms, or evil ones anyway, should be banned.

But still, these tools (firerarms), the laws that protect our right to own and use them and those natural rights themselves, still stand.

It was horrible what happened, but THE GUN ADAM LANZA USED IS NO DIFFERENT FROM THE CHILDREN THAT DIED THAT DAY. They are simply tools being abused by Lanza in the case of the gun and by morally bankrupt politicians in the case of those children.

Just tools being misused.

>snip<
But Patrick says there are other state-level measures that need to be taken to ensure firearms do not fall into the wrong hands. The one-gun-a-month restriction is intended to stop “straw buyers” who purchase a large number of guns and then sell them illegally on the black market, Patrick administration officials say.

How about tracking the FA-10s of the guns that are bought as "straw purchases" and actually going after the ****ing criminals for once. There are at least 4 laws (probably more) already being broken with a straw purchase:
1. Straw purchasing is itself illegal
2. Lying on the federal 4473 form
3. Selling a gun to an unlicensed person
4. Transfering a gun without filing an FA-10

Why the hell do we need a law that only targets the law abiding?

And you're helping how?

He is completely accurate in his statement. In MA you would have to remove specific features in order to purchase a version of the firearm, and based on that, the firearm would be far less dangerous, in accordance with the AWB we have in place here.

As I understand it, CT has the exact same AWB that MA does. If the gun was legal in CT, it is also legal in MA.

How about tracking the FA-10s of the guns that are bought as "straw purchases" and actually going after the ****ing criminals for once. There are at least 4 laws (probably more) already being broken with a straw purchase:
1. Straw purchasing is itself illegal
2. Lying on the federal 4473 form
3. Selling a gun to an unlicensed person
4. Transfering a gun without filing an FA-10

Why the hell do we need a law that only targets the law abiding?

I have to agree that the likelihood that there are many straw purchases in MA is tiny at best. The state would have records of a guy buying hundreds of the same firearms over time - the pattern would be trivial to track.

I don't buy long guns in MA. Fa10 you say? I still don't even know what those look like hahaha. F*** you deval, I do what I want, douchenozzle.

tumblr_m1mo1wzFiu1qbubzqo1_400.gif

Wish in one hand, sh!t in the other, tell me what hand fills up first... I will take this speech, and the looming tax hikes as a sign that I am not welcome here in my home state and I will walk...... I've been planning on selling my house and moving up, 150k house on a decent size parcel in Florida is looking more attractive by the hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one I wished in filled up faster, because the government took a shit in that one.

Guess I will have to use my New Hampshire home, which started out as a hunting cabin but now has all the services a home would have,septic system, electricity etc. Guess its time to move and after 32 years in my present job see if I can retire and flee this state. This stuff is just gone competently out of control.

Back
Top Bottom