KARAAAAAZZY ANIMALS~~~!!!!

So Dench and I went shooting at the harvard sportsmans club yesterday. Great place, nice and spacious. While at the 100 yard range though, some STRANGE things happened.

FIRST... this medium sized TURKEY walked RIGHT across the target area.... This ballzy stupid bird even stopped to peck at something in the middle of the range.

No rounds were fired...

SECOND.. about an hour later a freakin woodchuck CLIMBED ACROSS THE BERM we were shooting at.... again.. no rounds fired.

Kinda made me wonder what the heck goes on out there that the wildlife thinks the safest place to stand is at Harvards berms.... LOL

Sorry.. no pictures...I personally was too dumbfounded to stop and grab the camera... or the rifle.. LOL

I had a chipmunk enter my scope down there one time at the 50 yard range. Boy was it tempting to squeeze that trigger. But in the end I felt bad for the poor hapless sucker.

I had a chipmunk enter my scope down there one time at the 50 yard range. Boy was it tempting to squeeze that trigger. But in the end I felt bad for the poor hapless sucker.

Bleeding-heart liberal alert!!

[smile]

Crap, and we all take legal advice from him. Now I know for sure the pre-dawn raid is coming. Off to load mags and make a new tin foil hat.[laugh]

fidel_castro_dead.jpg

Maybe the animals had seen you shoot and thought it was safer for them down range....Only kidding [rofl]

I've had the same experience. However, if it was a red squirrel, it'd be an entirely different matter. They are pure evil and deserve to be destroyed in a horrific, explosion like manner.

I had one walk onto the range at Shirley while I was lighting off EddieCoyle's S&W500.[shocked] It walked onto the pistol range about 15 yards away and just sat there while I emptied the thing.

I had one walk onto the range at Shirley while I was lighting off EddieCoyle's S&W500.[shocked] It walked onto the pistol range about 15 yards away and just sat there while I emptied the thing.

It was in awe at the power of the EC500.

Chipmunks

C'mon hunting chipmunks isn't even sport. The damn things sit there and bark at you...as you walk right up to them...90% of the time they poke their head out of the same hole they went in. Hardly sport, though does make for a clean head shot. [smile]

Many years ago, I had a mama fox and a couple of (kits?) walk all the way across the range right at the base of the berm at Hopkinton.

C'mon hunting chipmunks isn't even sport. The damn things sit there and bark at you...as you walk right up to them...90% of the time they poke their head out of the same hole they went in. Hardly sport, though does make for a clean head shot. [smile]

I once killed 13 chipmuncks in one night...when cornered they attack

and no it was not a hunting adventure

2 Sheep (no, not two-party government kind) got loose from somewhere and were running around my townhouse complex.

My friend who lives in the same complex found amusement in the fact that they hung mostly in the yard of the house with a "heavy arsenal". (mine, heh)

Turned my ankle trying to lasso the bastards though...

Lucky turkey walking the berm at the club last weekend...

(Sorry the pictures are so large, but the bird almost dissapeared from view when I shrank them.)

April 009.jpg

April 010.jpg

We were very well behaved...nobody took a shot, although I think we all wanted to.

THATS THE SAME CO*****KER that walked out to us!!!! That TOM HAS BAAAALLLLLS

hes kinda a scrawny bastard... but stones for sure!

THATS THE SAME CO*****KER that walked out to us!!!! That TOM HAS BAAAALLLLLS

I doubt it, unless he left HSC after taunting you, went on a long hike, & ended up at another gun club. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom