• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RI Governor: .223 blows up animals

FancyGunz

NES Member
I just heard the RI governor Gina Raimondo on the radio spewing the usual BS about banning semiauto rifles, how there is no legitimate need for them, etc.

One line that caught my ear: she said military-style semi-auto rifles have no hunting purpose because the bullets "completely blow up the animal".

These are the idiots leading the gun control charge!

A couple years ago at one of the state house hearings, the "AR-15 Expert" for the state police stated that you are not allowed to hunt with an AR-15 because the bullet goes into the animal like a pinky and comes out the size of a coffee can.

Everyone knows .... that only happens if you have a shoulder thing that goes up, and you have it fully deployed in the up position, when you pull the trigger.

Bend over and brace your legs...It's a coming... We just need a distraction to the squirrels running around spouting utter nonsense and we can weather the storm.

People can make whatever ridiculous remarks they want without needing to back it up. Even if someone is forced to apologize the retractions are minimal in comparison to the damage already done.

Don't you just love the morons like this that know absolutely nothing about firearms, don't care to know anything about firearms but still always have something to say on the subject like they know what the f they're talking about. The very definition of ignorance

They aren't ignorant, the people they are talking to are though, so the pols are just salesman delivering a sales pitch.

This is the same principle at work on Facebook and Twitter. Just make outrageous claims and repost it enough times and it becomes reality when in fact it is just misinformation at best and a pile of outright lies at worst.

Amazing effort by Rhode Island dudes to hold her off for this long.

Raimondo slams Assembly leaders over gun control
“Three years in a row,” she said, “I have put in legislation — massively popular, the vast majority of Rhode Islanders support it — [allowing] no more guns in school. The colonel of the state police testified over and over again it would make our kids safer — and the legislature does nothing.”

Of the bill she supported the last two years that would ban “assault weapons” and magazines with more than 10 rounds, Raimondo noted that “both of these tragic shootings over the weekend used these very type of guns, which are military-style weapons.”

People can make whatever ridiculous remarks they want without needing to back it up. Even if someone is forced to apologize the retractions are minimal in comparison to the damage already done.

And there is no consequence. Zero.

People think that the 1st A gives them a green light to lie and slander. Yeah, you can say it, but you better be prepared to back it up or suffer consequences. No one is held to account.

It's why Johnson had no problem with the # of dead in Vietnam. We didn't have to bring whole coffins home, just Ziploc bags. It saved millions on fuel alone.

WTF is wrong with her??????

220px-RI_Governor_Gina_Raimondo_Bristol_parade_%28cropped%29.jpg

Go back to Whoville, you're drunk Gina.

I just heard the RI governor Gina Raimondo on the radio spewing the usual BS about banning semiauto rifles, how there is no legitimate need for them, etc.

One line that caught my ear: she said military-style semi-auto rifles have no hunting purpose because the bullets "completely blow up the animal".

These are the idiots leading the gun control charge!
No link.

A couple years ago at one of the state house hearings, the "AR-15 Expert" for the state police stated that you are not allowed to hunt with an AR-15 because the bullet goes into the animal like a pinky and comes out the size of a coffee can.
I guess that phony "expert" never saw the damage that a standard 130 grain .270 Winchester round out of a bolt action rifle can do to a game animal. Ruins a lot of meat if you don't place the shot correctly. That is why many hunters choose the slower, heavier 150 grain round instead.

I'm just upset that every .223 round I've fired over the last 35+ years has been defective. Some day I'll get a normal round that does what they say it does i guess. Until then, I'll keep trying.
The most nasty .223 round that I ever fired into a living target was a 53 grain Hornady Vmax. It struck a coyote square in the chest and killed him instantly. The bullet fragmented and pulverized a swath of bone and tissue about the size of a baseball. It did not exit and total penetration was about 8 inches. Nothing remarkable. I have seen coyotes hit with garden-variety .30/06 soft points and they did a great deal more damage. This woman clearly has no clue about the realities of wound ballistics.

I guess that phony "expert" never saw the damage that a standard 130 grain .270 Winchester round out of a bolt action rifle can do to a game animal. Ruins a lot of meat if you don't place the shot correctly. That is why many hunters choose the slower, heavier 150 grain round instead.

The "expert" gave his "credentials" as to why he could be considered an expert. and from what he said I could let him say he was an expert. So what I also say is, since he's an "expert", He either lied or intentionally mislead the state representatives.
Among his statement were, a collapsible stock makes an AR-15 concealable and a flash hider makes it look like you are someplace else when you are shooting it.

Back
Top Bottom