RI Governor: .223 blows up animals

Worst drivers in the northeast, and that’s saying something.

I'm not so sure. The problem with RI is they are a crossbreed of some mAss-hole techniques and some CT techniques. And a little NYC attitude to top it all off.

F'rinstance - the left lane is for them. Not for fast traffic. Not for passing. It's for them. What?? You wanna get by?? Do you know you're inconveniencing me???? That's 100% CT.

But they don't do it as BAD as CT. I've gotta give the nod to CT drivers for sure because they over-commit to driving 55 on 95 from Exit 1 all the way to the Foxwoods left-hand-exit because "I need to be in this lane." No matter what. They'll dive in front of you to get into the left lane. It's like magnetic or something. And once there, they don't leave. Get closer to NYC - say west of Hartford, and they get the NYC attitude on top of it. Everyone is freaking an extra from The Sopranos. I got Vinnie Boombatz over here making finger gestures that he's gonna blow my brains out. Put your finger back in your nose and GTF out of my way, Vinnie.

I'm not so sure. The problem with RI is they are a crossbreed of some mAss-hole techniques and some CT techniques. And a little NYC attitude to top it all off.

F'rinstance - the left lane is for them. Not for fast traffic. Not for passing. It's for them. What?? You wanna get by?? Do you know you're inconveniencing me???? That's 100% CT.

But they don't do it as BAD as CT. I've gotta give the nod to CT drivers for sure because they over-commit to driving 55 on 95 from Exit 1 all the way to the Foxwoods left-hand-exit because "I need to be in this lane." No matter what. They'll dive in front of you to get into the left lane. It's like magnetic or something. And once there, they don't leave. Get closer to NYC - say west of Hartford, and they get the NYC attitude on top of it. Everyone is freaking an extra from The Sopranos. I got Vinnie Boombatz over here making finger gestures that he's gonna blow my brains out. Put your finger back in your nose and GTF out of my way, Vinnie.

TRUTH.

I swear this is real.

I lived up here for almost forty years. And after only living in the south a couple of years, I HATE driving up here. When I make the yearly run up here I can tell when I hit Virginia, and I can tell when I hit Connecticut. The drivers in both states suck; but CT has that extra dash of entitlement.

Absolutely agree, Dennis. But they're the worst because they do it all well/poorly, not because they're the best/worst in any one category. The left lane thing, they always seem to be driving just a little bit slower (probably because they're always on their phones), their total lack of situational awareness, their inability to process developments on the road in real time, the attitudes. They're the total package.

My experience with them is primarily during the commutes on the expressway in and out of Boston, so I'm guessing the fact that I'm getting to see them after being on the road for well over an hour on the way in has something to do with it. I also assume that anyone commuting from RI into Boston probably doesn't make the best life choices.

All present company excluded of course.

Absolutely agree, Dennis. But they're the worst because they do it all well/poorly, not because they're the best/worst in any one category. The left lane thing, they always seem to be driving just a little bit slower (probably because they're always on their phones), their total lack of situational awareness, their inability to process developments on the road in real time, the attitudes. They're the total package.

My experience with them is primarily during the commutes on the expressway in and out of Boston, so I'm guessing the fact that I'm getting to see them after being on the road for well over an hour on the way in has something to do with it. I also assume that anyone commuting from RI into Boston probably doesn't make the best life choices.

All present company excluded of course.

If you're from RI and you're commuting into Boston, you should be doing it on 24 to 93 or the commuter rail. Going up 95 or 295, or shit, 290/90, would be murder.

As close as RI is, one never hears much from them. Kooky Gina is the only news I ever see in the Boston market. I went to see the mansions in Newport once and that was it.

I could post at length about RI 2A news but the posts simply don't get hits or responses or any interest. This is primarily a Mass gun forum and a lot of Mass gunnies move to NH. So its Mass + NH + a few guys on the fringe. RI politics are a sort of combination of big city machine and small town gossip. Its not something people from outside can comprehend.

have you ever heard the RI accent? Reason we don't hear from them is because nobody can understand them...
It's like Boston meets Worcester meets country drawl meets bigfoot meets chewbacca

There are multiple RI accents. I can usually figure out which town someone is originally from within a minute of conversation.

Oh, and ignore everything @T-Unit says, he's an open anti-gunner on here and spouts out a lot of shit. The forum will be better off once he leaves and the 2A community would be better off if he's somehow disarmed.

I just heard the RI governor Gina Raimondo on the radio spewing the usual BS about banning semiauto rifles, how there is no legitimate need for them, etc.

One line that caught my ear: she said military-style semi-auto rifles have no hunting purpose because the bullets "completely blow up the animal".

These are the idiots leading the gun control charge!
upload_2019-8-8_21-12-21.jpeg

Oh I'll give you the general RI accent is the worst in the world. I need some coiiiffeeee while I check the time on my whuch. You can't even phonetically spell how they pronounce words. LOL

Whoopi said something ridiculous like this on the view. Something to the extent that no one hunts with an "assault rifle" because when you shoot the animal there is nothing left.

I find it amazing that people still think .223 ammo tumbles in the body leaving huge exit wounds. Perhaps the Ball M-193 did because of it's construction, but that hasn't been around since the early 1980s. The green tip Ball M-855 has been accused of making nice neat holes in bad guys without the tumbling. (By the way a military M2 Ball 30-05 will tumble on striking within 50 feet of the muzzle. )

No, she does have a point about exploding animals. I've seen it before.

932-2.jpg
I killed a gopher last month with a 223REM and it made a nice small hole. Like Bill Maurray said" The only good gopher is dead gopher" LOL

I find it amazing that people still think .223 ammo tumbles in the body leaving huge exit wounds. Perhaps the Ball M-193 did because of it's construction, but that hasn't been around since the early 1980s. The green tip Ball M-855 has been accused of making nice neat holes in bad guys without the tumbling. (By the way a military M2 Ball 30-05 will tumble on striking within 50 feet of the muzzle. )
My buddy was in combat for 4 years, 2004-2008.

He has described wounds from the m855. He told me of one guy who got him in the shoulder and the metal piece tumbled all the way through the shoulder, into the bicep and came out the elbow.

The toweled headed bastard deserved it but must have bled out pretty rapidly.

The m855 is a pretty vicious round. And that’s a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom