IWB holsters

I am looking for a new IWB holster for my LC9s. I am not happy with my first choice (Clinger Atom). I have been looking at Vedder Light Tuck, Comfort Tuck or Rapid Tuck. Also in Alien Gear the Cloak Tuck. Any opinions on any of these or recommendation of other brands. Thanks.

Love my Alien Gear. I'm wearing it right now actually - thanks for reminding me because I forgot it was on my hip!

How many answers would you like? Because the longer this thread goes the more and more unique answers you're going to get.

the popular ones here are comp-tac, crossbreed, alien gear, warthog, N82, remora

I like Don Hume leather. Comfortable even under just a t-shirt and can't beat the price. Most are around $30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the new Remora clip/no clip model to try with my LC9s because I have had a few of their holsters and always like them for lighter guns. I use it every day and love it for the LC9s, but hated the clip as it rode way higher than I would prefer for my comfort so I just took it off. My recommendation would be to just by their standard sticky holster and not waste the money on the clip. I like Crossbreed holsters for heavier guns, but this gun is so light and thin, the Remora for $20 is all that's necessary inmo. I love just being able to grab the gun in the holster and just tuck it in my waistband and go, without having to fool with clips and getting everything "just right". The Remora can be moved around wherever it needs to be most comfortable, same with the cant angle. Like most guys here, I have a box of various holsters, but the Remora just works best for me unless I'm carrying large framed, heavier guns, then I like the added support that a Crossbreed provides.

Dale Fricke. I have an Archangel AIWB and have worn it pretty much every day for four+ years. Including driving, long trips. Your body style may vary but this is the most comfortable holster I have ever used. And I've tried many of them.

I had terrible luck with remora. The rear of the holster wasn't right and I couldn't draw without the holster staying attached.
I currently use the SofTuck and love it.
Haven't tried Don Hume for the LC9s, but have had good luck in the past.

I had terrible luck with remora. The rear of the holster wasn't right and I couldn't draw without the holster staying attached.
I currently use the SofTuck and love it.
Haven't tried Don Hume for the LC9s, but have had good luck in the past.

Hmm, I've never had the holster stay attached. Did you get the correct size for gun you were using? How about the cut? They have the "Artemis" cut which I like because I can grab more of the grip which helps when drawing. I also get the ones that aren't reinforced with kydex even though they are harder to reholster. My thinking is that if I HAVE TO DRAW, then reholstering isn't my biggest worry. If I'm at the range or home, then I can take the time to hold it open to reholster.[wink]

I've spent money on expensive holsters from Milt Sparks, et. al. I haven't found any IWB as comfortable as a Crossbreed.

Galco King tuk works for me. Another reply was for Mitch Rosen, they make excellent stuff. Have a couple belt holsters and will be ordering an IWB from them soon.

I've spent money on expensive holsters from Milt Sparks, et. al. I haven't found any IWB as comfortable as a Crossbreed.

And I'm the exact opposite. I wore the Crossbreed for a week and hated it. Milt Sparks VMII horsehide is the only solution that I find comfortable for an IWB. Most here would never spend the money however.

Not sure if the difference was mentioned before, but to give you our idea of "best", we'd ideally need to know whether you have preferences WRT kydex vs hybrids vs leather vs nylon. Also, where you'd carry. What might work for 3-5:00 carry might not if you were to carry AIWB. Personally, I like Black Rhino Concealment for kydex, Stealthgear for hybrids, and haven't tried enough leather holsters to have an informed opinion.

AlienGear. It's cheaper than its competitors, it works and I usually forget I'm even wearing it. If it breaks for any reason, forever warranty.
Only suggestion is to use loctite blue on the adjustable clip screws once you figure how you like it. They do tend to work loose after a couple months.

Back
Top Bottom