• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is a 16 MOA Dot Too Big?

on a typical NRA target the "black" circle is approximately 6 MOA . So basically if you try to shoot at a NRA target with a 16 MOA dot your completely covering your target and have no way to verify precise aiming.

on a typical NRA target the "black" circle is approximately 6 MOA . So basically if you try to shoot at a NRA target with a 16 MOA dot your completely covering your target and have no way to verify precise aiming.
I would never use the 16moa for precision shooting.

I dunno man, the higher end of sig's dots are pretty crisp.
I am considering a cmore for one of my pistols though
AIMPOINT>CMORE>ALL OTHERS

Depends on the application. I would not use a Cmore for hunting or CCW.

AIMPOINT>CMORE>ALL OTHERS

Depends on the application. I would not use a Cmore for hunting or CCW.
Brah… add in Trigicon (rmr).

Ask me about the one I bought yesterday because of the stupid steals and deals here on NES grrrrr

Now that I’m thinking about it, tempted to replace the C-More on my 22/45 for the 6.5 MOA RMR.

Like that gun has not cost me enough yet….

You will forget about the cost when your times start improving.

Anyway ... buying a gun and replacing all the parts is fun. Look at all this extra junk Rugers come with:

20230930_184816.jpg

Anyway ... buying a gun and replacing all the parts is fun. Look at all this extra junk Rugers come with:

View attachment 801882
I replaced so many parts on my competition gun, I legitimately have a fully functioning second gun AND some spare parts!!!

I wish I was joking.

I replaced so many parts on my competition gun, I legitimately have a fully functioning second gun AND some spare parts!!!

I wish I was joking.
It means you are doing it right.

Now, going to a 6.5 MOA dot is a waste when there are good 6 MOA dots cheaper.

If you change, go to an 8 or a 10.

If you want to see what a 6 MOA looks like, I will let you borrow my Browning at the next shoot.

By the way, the Cmore RTS2 can take punishment, the 460 has one.

I hope I don't have to change the battery that often on this one. The battery fits very tight, it was difficult to take it out (came with a dead battery) and difficult to put a new one in.
Put tools and at least 1 new spare battery in your range bag.

View attachment 801882
Is one of those parts that Ruger gay pride flag that comes off the top or the side? Probably at least one stupid mag safety in there... 🤣

I figured I'd try a RTS2 with a 12moa for steel, I had a deal lined up for a 320Max slide but that fell threw so I ordered a Springer precision plate for my legion slide.
I shot our local club steel match today & have to say I'm impressed with that big fat dot
IMG_20231102_175858.jpg

I literally have 10 C mores most are 16moa I think I have 1 12 moa and 1 8moa and their all on my steel challenge guns Ive settled in on 16 Im shooting master class in PCC and RFRO I just don't see the dot size from 8 - 16 making that much of a difference in steel challenge, and as far as batteries I use 2 #357s instead of 1/3Ns

16 MOA will just cover 16 inches at 100 yards, so it would not even completely cover your 18 in wide plate at that distance. Seems to be a good size for 35 yards.

Everyone that looked at the 16 MOA dot at the Copicut steel challenge liked it.

It is perfect for steel challenge.
Can confirm. I thought it would be too big. Nope. I was wrong. It’s a good size for steel challenge.

Mine seemed tiny after looking through it. Lol.

I wish I knew who was who at Copicut
It was a good time besides the rain
You didn’t use the NES secret hand shake?

I know a few that are members here that were there. But I’m sure there are more that I don’t know.

Some of us will be at the Harvard steel match on the 18th also.

Back
Top Bottom