IMPORTANT NOTICE for all gunowners House Bill H2259

With this new bill it will be one permit and as long as you have a clear history and have taken the right classes you will get the permit.

There would be no safety classes needed for the new FID proposed in this bill.

drumenigma said:
I really hope this legislation breezes through.

I wouldn't hold my breath. If this bill gets anywhere close to being passed, we're going to hit extremely heavy resistance. This is Massachusetts, remember. All we can do is keep up the fight, though!

I was at One Ashburton Pl. (McCormick building) last summer for an EOPS hearing, and had no difficulty checking a Glock 23 with the MSP trooper at the security desk. They even had lockers in the desk (I only saw 4 of them) and a logbook to record who checked a gun and when they picked up.

They were still allowing visitors to check weapons, but employees - at least the two of us meeting with building management - were told to leave them at home or lock them in our car. They wouldn't allow building employees to check them at the State Police desk. Now the SP no longer man the lobby desk. They have someone from the private security contractor sitting there. I'm not sure how they're dealing with visitors wanting to check their weapons.

I would absolutely love to see this pass and I've shared that with my legislators.

Does anyone know when this bill might come up for committee and voting? It's the first time I've followed any legislation so I have no idea what to expect.

We have been told (unofficially) that it won't receive a hearing until this fall or perhaps even winter.

A little help for any one looking for there state reps this is a great search engine that gives you there name as well as all there information..
If you punch in your street address and hit "find my election information" it will bring you to another page. Once there scroll down to the bottom and look for "Rep in General Court", click on his/her name and it should give you all there contact info!!

Here is the link
http://www.wheredoivotema.com/bal/myelectioninfo.php

We have been told (unofficially) that it won't receive a hearing until this fall or perhaps even winter.

Does that mean

1. "Don't call us, we'll call you"

2. "Go F yourself"

3. "We will seriously consider this petition when hell freezes over"

or,

4. "We will seriously consider this petition at a future time"

?

Does that mean

1. "Don't call us, we'll call you"

2. "Go F yourself"

3. "We will seriously consider this petition when hell freezes over"

or,

4. "We will seriously consider this petition at a future time"

?
"F" all of the above, but more importantly, if your bill doesn't come from Devoid or involve budget cuts, tax hikes, or lunatic liberal agendas it isn't getting considered anytime soon...

Oh guys.......is there any chance that the Clinton ban will ever be lifted in MA?
It will require incorporation... Which has a significant hurdle at the Supreme Court...

The liberals will say whatever they need to say to argue against guns and some of the conservatives will have a lot of trouble ignoring state's rights...

It will require incorporation... Which has a significant hurdle at the Supreme Court...

Oh, screw it. SCOTUS is lost. Let's just fight. We may lose, but generations on, our heroic struggle will be recalled in music and folklore!

Can you hear the drums Fernando?

Now we're old and grey Fernando
And since many years I haven't seen a rifle in your hand
Can you hear the drums Fernando?
Do you still recall the fateful night we crossed the Rio Grande?

Last edited:
This is great news... maybe... hope for the best and prepare for the worst... years of Massachusetts Moonbats has me ever skeptical! [thinking]

I'm probably just dreaming here, but it would be great if we could all just say, enough is enough. Gun owners, gun shop owners, ammunition factories, gun factories, etc. just stood up and said "We mean no harm and we want the right to defend ourselves. We are going to make what we want, we are going to sell what we want and we are going to buy what we want." It would just be so empowering to stand up to raw state power and aggression.

Cause I'll bet you they would bring out the guns too and things would get ugly. That is what state power is to me and I'm just sick of playing politics and being nice with these busy body immoralists.

As a caveat, I'm not endorsing armed insurrection. I just don't think people should have to stand up and that this shit anymore. We need more direct action to change things!

---------------

Email sent, and the best comment of the entire thread...Here! Here!

As a caveat, I'm not endorsing armed insurrection. I just don't think people should have to stand up and that this shit anymore. We need more direct action to change things!
Indeed (on both accounts - not advocating armed insurrection), but everyone has to protest it at once or it either gets violent or does not work...

Even every LTC holder would likely not be enough unless they marched on Beacon Hill all at once (peacefully of course)...

We'd need all the 100's of thousands who had FIDs that they let expire in 1998 knowingly or otherwise as well..

It's getting better, the attendance at these legislative events from our side is going up, but we need 10X more just to start...

They can just arrest or imprison a few hundred wrong thinkers... Won't even cause them to blink... 10,000 is another issue...

Is anything going to happen with H2259? Did they already leave "for the Summer recess"? Is this dead? If they did recess, and this is dead, does that mean the anti bills are also dead? Where are things at with "the process"? Thanks.

Is anything going to happen with H2259? Did they already leave "for the Summer recess"? Is this dead? If they did recess, and this is dead, does that mean the anti bills are also dead? Where are things at with "the process"? Thanks.

The legislature is in "informal" sessions until September. Nothing is dead, they run in two year sessions and this current one won't end until late 2010.

The legislature is in "informal" sessions until September. Nothing is dead, they run in two year sessions and this current one won't end until late 2010.
My rep has pretty much told me to F-off WRT to 2A issues... [thinking]

Thinking of becoming a U so she doesn't round file me on my R without reading...

She did respond, but only enough to say F-you, I support the Governor's travesty of a bill...

I don't think I ever knew that. I just thought it was year to year. Thanks for the info.

So, between now and September, what can be done to bring the sensibility of this bill into the light? Can GOAL proactively schedule their own press conference to invite various members of the press in to illuminate the bill? I know that we all need to keep contacting our legislators, but mine are already supporting this bill. How do we keep educating those who are still in the "No" column against this bill? When does GOAL rate candidates? HOW does GOAL rate candidates? Can that rating system be improved at all?

Just trying to help.

My rep has pretty much told me to F-off WRT to 2A issues... [thinking]

Thinking of becoming a U so she doesn't round file me on my R without reading...

She did respond, but only enough to say F-you, I support the Governor's travesty of a bill...

Tell her your going to stand out there with her hacks during the election and show the people what she really is with a sign of you own! They won't like that!

my email.....

Rep. Sciortino

As a constituent in your district I would like to give my full support for house bill H2259 and hope you feel the same.

I think it is time to end the local monarchical system that decides who can/can't enjoy the freedom that so many have fought for. Gun owner or not, the right for people to bear arms and fight against tyranny if need be, as well to protect our republic reflects the inspiration that created this land of the free.

Ben Franklin said it best when asked by a woman after the signing of the Constitution, "Well Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" "A republic if you can keep it" Franklin responded.

Let's not let our founders down; let's get it back and keep it!

Suggested Change to H2259.

I would like to see MA law changed to treat citizens and legal resident aliens equally with respect to firearms laws, as they are in most other ways. This could be done with a few modifications to the current bill, changing the requirement for citizenship and removing the alien permit.

There is currently a case in which the NRA, Second Amendment Foundation and some individuals are challenging Washington State's discriminatory treatment of resident aliens, based on the 14th amendment guarantee of "equal protection". If this complaint goes to the US supreme court and is upheld, it might become grounds for challenging similar discrimination in MA.

Here are some links to that case:

http://saf.org/viewpr-new.asp?id=281
http://saf.org/legal.action/wa.alien.resident.lawsuit/wa.alien.resident.complaint.pdf

I understand that this is a minor issue compared to the other reforms in H2259, and that it might be politically difficult with the Virginia Tech shooter having been a non-citizen, but it would fit in nicely with the "Civil Rights" slant of the bill. I also appreciate that non-citizens would already be much better off under H2259 than under the current law.

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL MA. GUNOWNERS!

10/13 Update. Thank you everyone that has taken the time to write, to date we have approximately 120 letters in hand. This is WAY DOWN from where we need to be. Please urge everyone that you know to write a letter in support of this and send it to Jim.
Also, please feel free to start calling your legislators in support of this bill, call them early call them often, let them know where you stand, here is a link to find your legislators
Thanks everyone!

LOGOCOLORPlain.gif
H. 2259 Needs your help!

WRITE FOR REFORM!
GOAL needs your help in changing our ever restrictive gun legislation.

We are currently working on H. 2259 "An Act Relative To Civil Rights And Public Safety."

If passed this bill would dramatically change the landscape of our current gun laws in a way that would benefit all lawful gun owners.

We are asking all of you that read this email to take 5 minutes of your time and write a personal note in support of the passing of this bill. Please mention in this bill how our current restrictive laws are un-acceptable and have infringed upon your constitutional rights while doing NOTHING to reduce crime. (see stats here)

Please title the letter "In Support of H. 2259"
Please address the letter to:
The Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security
Senator James Timilty and Representative Michael Costello
Room 167 State House
Boston, MA. 02133

PLEASE SEND THE LETTER TO:
Jim Wallace
Write for Reform
PO Box 567
Northboro, MA. 01532

Please note, the letter does not have to be hand written, it can be done on a word processor. Please if possible print it on home stationary, and also, most importantly, SIGN AND INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME AND ADDRESS ON THE LETTER!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom