IMPORTANT NOTICE for all gunowners House Bill H2259

I agree. The state agency I work for constructs state-owned buildings (courthouses, prisons, universities, state office buildings, etc.). Part of that obviously includes weapon storage for some buildings. Secure storage products are available and, yes, the owner keeps the key and the LEO or building security staff never touch the firearm. If clearing the weapon is required, there's certainly equipment to help make it a safer process.

Will it cost the taxpayers to install? Yes. Is it worth it? Well, to someone who chooses to exercise their rights and whose options otherwise would be to leave it at home or lock it in their car - yes. If storage is not provided, then we continue to place a level of restriction on those who choose to carry.

At least in courthouses and prisons, the lockers aren't usually installed for the general public and in many cases they will turn away non-lawyers and non-LEOs who they won't allow in armed.

As stupid as it sounds and is . . . most courthouses will not allow a Constable to keep his/her firearm even if bringing in a prisoner. Most of those courthouses allow municipal/state police to remain armed in the buildings. Some attorneys carry and also aren't allowed to keep their firearm. Thus they install a small number of gun lockers (I usually see a 4-locker unit) in each courthouse. So once it's full, there is a real problem if the 5th person tries to enter the courthouse armed! That's also justification for not allowing the general public to use them.

I'm not saying that it should be this way, I'm just saying that it IS this way.

Took a few day for a reply which I did not expect one at all, but heres the email from my Rep. He's also really nice in person, I had met him quite a few times at some town meetings.

Dear Sean,

Thank you for your email in support of H2259. I can assure you that I am supportive of this legislation as well, as I feel it is important in protecting and upholding a citizens 2nd Amendment rights. I will actively support this legislation as it moves through the legislative process.

Thanks again for taking to time to contact my office. It was a pleasure to meet you. Please feel free to contact me again in the future should you have additional questions or concerns.

Best,

Geraldo Alicea

Senator Richard Moore (Southbridge) happens to be the one of the Co-Sponsors so I sent him a Thank You email.

gun owners

how many of you belong to GOAL how many to the NRA.you spend large amount of money on guns but are to cheap to protect your rights.this is the best bill you can expect,one step at a time.ypu had a gov that was pro gun and you buried him Ed King.you might have had good results with Mitt Romney so you end up with Obamas buddy from chacargo.whaat abunch of losers.an what is california questioning the bill for.[rolleyes]

Nothing will change here till the sheep wakeup And that will not happen in my life time
GUN OWNERS= working class,tax payers,some vote some don't
SHEEP= welfare , not a tax payer, most vote

WAKE THE F@#K UP

I'm a member of GOAL and going to join the NRA soon & I don't even have any guns (yet).
I don't appreciate being called a loser for being stuck in a state that sux so much either. If I could afford to move from here I'd be gone in a heartbeat. Until then however, I'm doing what I can to protect my rights and the rights of the other poor souls stuck in this God forsaken state.
& Oh ya, I'm a green member of this wonderful and informative forum.

Last edited:
I belong to GOAL and not the NRA. I feel there is more need to support GOAL right now then the NRA. The NRA is great but they are less active in Mass then GOAL is.

It's been suggested that this subject is important enough to be stickied for easy reference and updates.

I'm stickying it as long as it remains civil and doesn't wander off course too much. If it wanders, it will be released and possibly locked.

Please keep your comments and questions on topic.

It's been suggested that this subject is important enough to be stickied for easy reference and updates.

I'm stickying it as long as it remains civil and doesn't wander off course too much. If it wanders, it will be released and possibly locked.

Please keep your comments and questions on topic.

Thanks! This is a very important topic that everyone needs to keep updated on.

I sent a email to my state rep and senator, nothing back.

No surprise, one was on record on being for in state tuition for illegal immigrants and still won!!![angry]

I sent a email to my state rep and senator, nothing back.

No surprise, one was on record on being for in state tuition for illegal immigrants and still won!!![angry]

It is budget time on the hill. And they get a lot of emails every day. Give it a week and if you don't hear from them fallow up with a phone call. And when you talk to them let them know that you contacted them by email and got no reply from them.

Just emailed Rep and Senator. Will see if I get a response. I have had good luck with my Rep in the past regarding other issues.

Heard back from State Senator already. Response was the usual "need to review the language".

You need to reply back and ask him as the bill reads right now would you stand up and support a outstanding bill that would greatly help the people of this state. Then fallow up when the bill comes out of committee

Make sure you contact the committee members first. The bill is in committee and they will the ones making any changes too it and they need to know you want the bill to stay the way it is and you want it out of committee for a vote.

Once it is out of committee then is the time to stay on your state Reps. It is great to email them now and let them know you want them to support it. But once it is out of committee stay on top of them about it. Make sure you talk to fellow firearms owners and shooters about this si the word gets out, we need LOTS of support behind this bill. That is the only way it will pass!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question - this now defines a 'firearm' as also the 'frame'. Is that a change from the current definition? We are already severely limited in the firearms we can buy in Massachusetts. Will this affect those that may want to perhaps just buy a frame to build their dream custom race gun?????

Question - this now defines a 'firearm' as also the 'frame'. Is that a change from the current definition? We are already severely limited in the firearms we can buy in Massachusetts. Will this affect those that may want to perhaps just buy a frame to build their dream custom race gun?????
I'm pretty sure the frame is currently the part that "is" the firearm. Barrel/slide are not considered a firearm. You don't need an FID/LTC to possess any of them(just like you can buy an AR upper without an LTC/FID, but not the lower)

I'm pretty sure the frame is currently the part that "is" the firearm. Barrel/slide are not considered a firearm. You don't need an FID/LTC to possess any of them(just like you can buy an AR upper without an LTC/FID, but not the lower)

No, he's correct in noting that the definition has been changed. Currently, a frame is not considered a firearm. This bill brings the state definition more in-line with the federal definition.

However, this will not cause problems for buying frames for custom guns, because the EOPS list would be gone and the AG regulations only refers to handguns, and a frame is not a handgun, it is simple an 'other' firearm.

A couple of us, working at the McCormack Bldg., made an attempt years ago to arrange this. It went nowhere, then.
I was at One Ashburton Pl. (McCormick building) last summer for an EOPS hearing, and had no difficulty checking a Glock 23 with the MSP trooper at the security desk. They even had lockers in the desk (I only saw 4 of them) and a logbook to record who checked a gun and when they picked up.

when should we expect this to pass/fail?

Right now it is only in committee which is why if you go on www.goal.org site they have the list of committee members who you should email first.

As I have said if we firearms owners do not call and email and keep tracking this bill it will not pass. You can bet the local police chiefs are/will call when they get wind of this seeing it takes permits out of their hands for the most part. With this new bill it will be one permit and as long as you have a clear history and have taken the right classes you will get the permit. Which is how the state should be from the start but as we all know some silly people in this state think limiting our legal right will stop crime which is so wrong.

Back
Top Bottom