I'm getting really depressed

TonyD said:
MrsWildweasel said:
Yeah, Aren't you glad you live in the South?

Absolutely! BTW - it was 96 degrees in the shade yesterday. We won't even go into the humidity. I think the heat index was 115.

Lord, Tony, but you would have positively loved Vietnam. Walking off the plane into 105 degrees and rain coming down in buckets. The heat was nothing (I sat through algebra classes in school rooms hotter than that as a kid), but I got all the humidity I needed for the past 35 years and probably the next 35 as well. I should have gone to someplace nice, like Afghanistan or Iraq and left Uncle Ho to people like you who would have enjoyed it.

Ken

KMaurer said:
TonyD said:
MrsWildweasel said:
Yeah, Aren't you glad you live in the South?

Absolutely! BTW - it was 96 degrees in the shade yesterday. We won't even go into the humidity. I think the heat index was 115.

Lord, Tony, but you would have positively loved Vietnam. Walking off the plane into 105 degrees and rain coming down in buckets. The heat was nothing (I sat through algebra classes in school rooms hotter than that as a kid), but I got all the humidity I needed for the past 35 years and probably the next 35 as well. I should have gone to someplace nice, like Afghanistan or Iraq and left Uncle Ho to people like you who would have enjoyed it.

Ken

Ken, I've been cold before, very cold! I grew up in very cold winters and very hot summers. Although, I can't say I enjoy the extremes of heat but I find it easier to cool than to warm up.

I'm sorry, Tony, for some reason I thought that they were talking to me. Where in the south are you? If you don't mind me asking?

And if you wanted to come up here, we were just looking for a Network and DB guy. Got them both. But then you're back up here in MA.

I'm in Southern Georgia, also known as God's Country.

I'm not a DB guy and I've only been to mAss once in my life. Last month. You can see the pics in the rifle clinic thread on page 8, I believe, that Len took. It's in the Competition forum.

I didn't lose anything in mAss so I don't expect there's any reason I need to go back and look for it.

Ok, I'm from Louisville, but grew up outside of NOLA and finished High School in Memphis. Went to College at Ole Miss.

I didn't move up here to MA until 2001. And although I love that we get four true seasons...all these gun laws were a HUGE culture shock. That and the bars closing at 1:00 am. :D

But, I have to say...At least up here pretty much ALL the dart boards are cork. Not that plastic crap thoughout the south and mid west.

Even me being from the other coast ... I like the 4 seasons here,but I do have to admit the cold winters are getting to me. Especially after this year when we went and visited my brother in Texas,and enjoyed the nice warm weather there this winter,while you all where shoveling snow from the big snow storm that dumped on you. [twisted]

It's not that I hate the snow,I am ready for warmer weather in the winter.
And not Florida. Where my brother is,not enough trees,but then the advantage Mexico was literally a stones throw.

I love Texans. They are a different breed. Growing up in Louisanna, you met several of them. I've never been to Texas, but there were always two places I could fine them; New Orleans, and BBQ Compititions.

I think that if it wasn't so damn hot. I could like Texas as well.

That's one thing that I don't miss, the freaking 120 days and 100% humidity. And during the winter, 50 was cold.

I do miss the food. It's hard to find good BBQ up here no matter what people say. I have to get me a new offset smoker. But then that's a different topic.[/list]

My brother is momentarily in Del Rio. No snow whatsoever. It was mid 60's to 80's when we were there in January. Now where he is going for the next year Whichita Falls,they do get snow. The good part for him is even if they end up somewhere they really hate,they are only there a year.

derek said:
MrsWildweasel said:
Sure you're just a tease. [wink]

The guys at the Blue Oyster call him Charlie Tango.

I have absolutely no idea what that means. I'm assuming it's another one of your homo-erotic things.

However, in celebration of it being Friday, I'm having my first beer. Sorry 'bout your luck. [lol]

And, you're not invited to dinner.

Back
Top Bottom