• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I'm getting really depressed

That's the hangover talking. Telling you it's friday. I thought it was Kenny Chesney and Jimmy Buffett. Margharita Ville I believe.

Yea, I also have a large enough grill that I can smoke somewhat on my grill by inderect heat. I can usually get about 2 or 3 racks of ribs on it depending on the cut.

And I LOVE corn on the grill. Do you do them in or out the husk?

I usually soak my corn in the husk in brine for about an hour. Then grill them in the husk. About 15 min a quarter. Steems them in the husk. Turns out really sweet.

Man, I'm going to have to do something this weekend now. LOL! I usually jazz up Corky's or Bone suckin' rub.

I have a good mop that I use...being that I don't have a water pan for my grill. But I use a mop instead of a spray bottle.

MrsWildweasel said:
That's the hangover talking. Telling you it's friday. I thought it was Kenny Chesney and Jimmy Buffett. Margharita Ville I believe.

Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet did 5 O'Clock Somewhere, I think.

C-pher, I shuck the corn down to last layer and leave that on. Then, wet a paper towel and roll the corn up in it, then, wrap in foil. Put it on the grill and turn every so often until you smell the corn. Very sweet and tender.

Of course we do. We're also tend to know what we're talking about.

Buffett_Jackson.jpg

Sure looks like Alan Jackson to me.

Ken

C-pher said:

Out. Husk it, brush lightly with olive oil to keep it from burning and sticking, and grill for 8 minutes over a medium grill, turning it 1/4 turn every 2 minutes. You don't even need butter... just salt.

Rosshb

MrsWildweasel said:
How about computer techs? Although I don't think hubby would leave here yet. :)

You don't have to go as far as Alaska to do that and still be out of the PRM. Just move up here with the "Woodchucks". My son-in-law is an IS help person at the local hospital (several facilities), and makes good money.

TonyD said:
I, too, need a smoker. However, I make and jar my own BBQ sauce and suffice by cooking off-heat on the grill.

Go to Home Depot and buy an New Braunfels horizontal smoker. I LOVE mine, make Memphis style BBQ Pulled Pork that's FANTASTIC. I use Cherry, Oak and Maple to smoke with (free too).

dwarven1 said:
C-pher said:

Out. Husk it, brush lightly with olive oil to keep it from burning and sticking, and grill for 8 minutes over a medium grill, turning it 1/4 turn every 2 minutes. You don't even need butter... just salt.

Rosshb

Or, do it the way I suggested.

The difference is, you're actually 'grilling' the corn, I steam it on the grill.

We have thought of moving just over the line,but we also have family obligations. Glenn's Mom who lives next door,and his grandmother. Plus we can't sell the house while is grandmother is alive,cause she'll kick our ass even though she is 94. We bought it from her so we could take care of his mom and dad. In over 200 years it has never been outside the family. She wanted it to stay in the family,so as of right now can't do it.

MrsWildweasel said:
We have thought of moving just over the line,but we also have family obligations. Glenn's Mom who lives next door,and his grandmother. Plus we can't sell the house while is grandmother is alive,cause she'll kick our ass even though she is 94. We bought it from her so we could take care of his mom and dad. In over 200 years it has never been outside the family. She wanted it to stay in the family,so as of right now can't do it.

Thanks for the explanation, but what's that got to do with corn? [wink]

Back
Top Bottom