• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

i'm really liking those new snake guns more and more that KAG is showing.

greencobra

NES Member
the prices are really attractive also, makes me wish i wasn't on the shady side of death or i'd look into getting one. the anaconda .44 always appealed to me but as i aged and got wiser it'd have to be a python to start with. colt is trying to do a good job with them. i think they succeeded. am i right?

Couldn't tell you. Revolvers never really appealed to me. I'd rather have a 10mm or .50 AE over a .44 or a .500.

I'd buy a box of .45 Long Colt to feed my friend's 460, but not the money on the revolver itself.

I want one of those 4" models. Sure, I'd love to have a classic model, but those prices are nuts and the new ones look fine for 1/3 the price. besides, I want a shooter, not a safe queen. I've heard a range of things about quality as you'd expect, but I think they've been straightening things out of late.

Colts are defiantly pretty but I've always went with S&W for D/A. The ergonomics and operations are more intuitive to me. Mine are all before the rash of let the public QC our product. When it comes to revolvers, what I really like the most by style are Peacemakers. Whether it's a colt gen 2 or the modern variants like Vaqueros, there's just something about them maybe the form, function, balance whatever but for enjoyment in my case it's a six gun.

Colts are defiantly pretty but I've always went with S&W for D/A. The ergonomics and operations are more intuitive to me. Mine are all before the rash of let the public QC our product. When it comes to revolvers, what I really like the most by style are Peacemakers. Whether it's a colt gen 2 or the modern variants like Vaqueros, there's just something about them maybe the form, function, balance whatever but for enjoyment in my case it's a six gun.
I have a 1970s made ruger blackhawk on 357 mag and quickly became a pistol I always toss in my bag when heading to the range. Just a pleasure to shoot. As far as functionality.......yeah it's not something I'd call a "defensive" use gun but for range use and even hubting where legal its a great tool. Accurate as hell even out to 100 yards.

I bought one of the Python's last year, only put 100 rounds of very light 357's thru it, more like 38's in a 357 case but no issues. To Me, the trigger is excellent for a production revolver, better than anything S&W is putting out now. A King Cobra or Anaconda may be in my future.

the cylinder is 1⅞" (1.875") long and your average 44M bullet is around 1.6"

Pretty sure it's designed for the 300+gn projectiles. Buffalo makes some crazy ass
340gn +P+ that it fits.

On the Model69, remember that it's an L frame and is limited to 5 rounds. You *can*
shoot full-house but you don't *want* to (well, more than a couple, maybe).

Last edited:
I scratched the itch and bought an 8" Anaconda from KAG. Very pleased. Ended up installing a green fiber optic sight from wilson combat. The trigger is not great so I'm in line at Heffron Precision for a master trigger job--scheduled July 2025, lol.

Back
Top Bottom