• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If you won Powerball...

If I won the 750 million I, like most here, would blow this clambake. Before I went though I'd use a big chunk of it to start a Massachusetts RKBA issue specific version of Project Veritas to go after New England anti-gunners in general and Ma**h*** anti-gun politicians in particular, as a parting gift to my fellow long suffering Bay State gun owners.

don't even care that much about anonymity...I have no problem telling everyone to f*** off. How long would that anonymity really last anyway when you're suddenly flying around in a helicopter and driving a Koenigsegg with a 12000 sq foot house?

oh hey we haven't spoken in 4 years but now you want to hang out? cool, f*** off.

oh hey yeah we are cousins. and I haven't talked to you since 2011. f*** off.

After finding and hiring my personal Dr there would be some type of quiet review of contributing-NES-members who could use some funds for medical reasons.

You could call it "TVI Foundation" in honor of how NES helped his family out back then.

-Mike

Quit job.

Pay off my debts and a select number of some close people.

Book several flights to figure out my primary residence.
(Texas, Arizona, Colorado)

Purchase a home in Maui on the water.

Buy a Land Cruiser for both properties.

Buy a few full autos.

Travel, enjoy life, and give back.

No one seems to know the answer, if you win $750 million and the Feds take their 33% or whatever, could you put the remaining money in a charitable foundation and get some of your 33% tax back? I'm assuming no, cause the IRS doesn't play fair.

No one seems to know the answer, if you win $750 million and the Feds take their 33% or whatever, could you put the remaining money in a charitable foundation and get some of your 33% tax back? I'm assuming no, cause the IRS doesn't play fair.

Zero chance you aren't paying taxes. Any charitable donation would be out of your take home

Zero chance you aren't paying taxes. Any charitable donation would be out of your take home

Looks from googling that you can donate 50% of it, and that part will be tax free.

So you win say $800 million, put $400 million in a foundation, Feds take $200 million up front, and you'll owe 39.6% of $400 million, so you might get $40 million back when you file. I'd do this just to stiff the IRS.

Googling I found the fact that a NYC resident would have to pay 53% tax (federal, state & city) on lottery winnings - highest in the nation, lol.

In my case "Oh, you're the cousin who drove 500 miles to see if I could use your kidney even though we have not seen each other for years..." - What color do you think looks best on a Lambo?

Let me see.
Honestly? I'd tell the boss "I quit, effective immediately."
Pay off all debts including the kids' student loans.
Rent my daughter a luxury apartment near campus for when she starts graduate school for applied physics. (Yes my daughter is wicked smaaht)
Hire a contractor to fix everything possible in our current house, make it fully handicap accessible with 36-40 inch wide doorways throughout. Maybe even an elevator up from the garage. Then donate it to a veterans charity that doesn't waste 60+% on fundraising and overhead.
Then I would put on my rattiest yard work clothes and work boots and go to the nearby Aston Martin/Ferrari/Maserati/Porsche Dealer and tell them I want to test drive a DB11.
Then the dodge dealer for a Hellcat or 2.
Meanwhile my wife would be shopping for a nice comfortable but not McMansion sized home near OBX.
Of course, I'd get her a Charger Hellcat. She loves power.

I'd dive into 3gun. Put a little into our camper kit.

Would still work. Actually probably wouldn't even change jobs.

Buy some land.

Setup a few buried shipping containers.

Build a creedmor 6.5 bolt gun and order a seekins in 6.5 and probably a vp18 in 5.56.

Tavor x95 and an ACR for cross training. Maybe a SCAR-H.

Order a custom 1911 for my son. Probably an off the shelf precision center for myself.

And of course 10k ammo for everything and a whole reloading outfit.

step 1: don't sign the ticket
step 2: Hopefully the ticket was bought in DE or some state that does not require disclosure
step 3: find a good trust and tax lawyer, set up trust
step 4: wait for a slow news day, Christmas eve, day before thanksgiving, hire armed guards, bullet proof limo, wear disguise and claim ticket
step 5: disappear
step 6: Start with a Thompson sub and a MP5S and go from there.
Re: Trust. The trust ownership can be withheld. Publicly naming the trust doesn't mean identifying the owners. Definitely the best way for most states.

Forget the airplane. I'd rather something seaworthy:
View attachment 275891

Maybe a "little bigger".

Haha. I already picked a sailboat, so I was close. Now a little more specific:

Found this in another thread:

Would of course hire a captain/teacher, and some strong/attractive crew members.

I would buy a reasonable home, car, and pay for schooling for the young ones in my family.

I'd make sure to have a lawyer claim the ticket on my behalf so I'm not mobbed by crazies after I win!

Back
Top Bottom