Powerball pool April 3 drawing

Like 10 or 11pm I think.
Too damn cold and rainy to go to the store, so I'll probably be out a couple million not joining you guys......

Let's just hope none of these tickets are a $601-$5000 winner, because if so anyone with the Lottery app on the interwebs can scan the barcode from the posted ticket after the drawing and cash it in right from the app into their account. Whoever posted the ticket will have no idea who cashed it in, so good luck with that.

Let's just hope none of these tickets are a $601-$5000 winner, because if so anyone with the Lottery app on the interwebs can scan the barcode from the posted ticket after the drawing and cash it in right from the app into their account. Whoever posted the ticket will have no idea who cashed it in, so good luck with that.
They can easily track it because you need an account to scan it. The physical owner should be able to prove they actually bought it and own it.

You need to produce the original signed ticket at lottery HQ to claim any prize over $600

Negative. The app now allows for direct cashing of a ticket with a scan for prizes of $601-$5000 with an account.

What tickets are eligible for mobile claims?

Modified on: Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 2:18 PM

Draw and Instant games can be cashed using the mobile app if they meet certain criteria, which includes:
  • The ticket must be a winner of $601 to $5,000
  • The winnings on the ticket cannot be combined to reach the above range (example: a Keno ticket with a $400 win on draw #1 and a $400 win on draw #2, although this wins $800 total it is not eligible)
  • If a draw ticket, it cannot have any remaining draws on it
  • The prize must be a one-time payment and cannot be recurring (e.g., not a win for life prize)
  • The ticket must be non-expired

Wait. I am slow but why the hell are people doing more than 1 ticket? You don't get more than the 1 share of the prize if you do 1 or 10 tickets.

thats f***ed. I would do 100 tickets then. And that seems to be added after we all started doing it.
The more numbers in the pool, the better your chances of winning something. A person who has shared 1 ticket gets 1 share. A person who has shared 3 gets 3 shares. It's the only thing that makes any sense. Just pretend that the guy sharing 3 tickets is a proxy for 3 people. He gets 3 shares in the winnings but has to split it 3 ways on his end, no different to you if 3 different guys shared those 3 different tickets.

I don't think we won :(
I'm not giving up.
Wonder if this billion dollar jackpot continues past tonight.

Looks like by pooling our tickets we improved our odds for the jackpot to 1:5,000,000.

As one put it -
There's about a 1 in 300 million chance of winning the Powerball or Mega Millions. "I like to point out that if you'd been buying 2,000 tickets a week since the time of Jesus there's a better than even chance that you wouldn't have won yet. So this is extremely long odds," mathematician Kenneth Alexander said.

Looks like by pooling our tickets we improved our odds for the jackpot to 1:5,000,000.

As one put it -
There's about a 1 in 300 million chance of winning the Powerball or Mega Millions. "I like to point out that if you'd been buying 2,000 tickets a week since the time of Jesus there's a better than even chance that you wouldn't have won yet. So this is extremely long odds," mathematician Kenneth Alexander said.
Are you sure it's not 60 : 300,000,000 ?

Back
Top Bottom