IDPA, what do you shoot??

Boy did this get ugly fast. I shot my first ever IDPA match last Sunday in New Bedford and it was a BLAST. I can't wait to do it again. All shooting games are fun. Well, almost all of them, I just don't seem to get that NRA Bullseye stuff. I just don't get the whole "alibi" concept. If your gun jams deal with it, you shouldn't get to try again...

In my one IDPA match I shot a Glock 19, but only because my G34 was too dirty to shoot and I forgot my G26 at home.

-Cuz.

Boy did this get ugly fast. I shot my first ever IDPA match last Sunday in New Bedford and it was a BLAST. I can't wait to do it again. All shooting games are fun. Well, almost all of them, I just don't seem to get that NRA Bullseye stuff. I just don't get the whole "alibi" concept. If your gun jams deal with it, you shouldn't get to try again...

In my one IDPA match I shot a Glock 19, but only because my G34 was too dirty to shoot and I forgot my G26 at home.

-Cuz.

Larry- most of us know each other and are just having some fun. Glad you had a great time at the match!

I'm just wondering what everyone shoots in the competitions. I am using my M&P 9c, but I don't think I'm going to stick with it.. So, what do you all use??

I use a Glock 34 in IDPA. Love it. It just points naturally for me and and I can say I shoot it better than any other pistol I've tried (when it comes to combining speed+accuracy for competitions).

I don't have 17... but you're welcome to come to the range with me and try out my 26, 19, and 34 anytime you want. And chances are, if you like the 34, you'll like the 17 as well as they are both full size frames.

I'd wholeheartedly suggest you try out any gun you're thinking of buying for home defense and competition. Even though both purposes are very different... both still require you to be able to shoot fast and accurately. So you need a gun that fits you well.

-Cuz.

Nonsense. That's like saying an AK was too dirty to shoot. This problem doesn't exist [smile]

And most importantly, too me, I prefer to not spend thousands of dollars on racing guns that I'll never carry in real life.

Yeah, because every class in IPSC/USPSA requires a multi-thousand dollar
firearm. [thinking]

Hell, there are plenty of guys that shoot sub $1K guns in everything
except for open.

-Mike

I shoot the S&W M&P 9 Pro or S&W 99. I did shoot a Glock 17 but found the grips on the S&W's much more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom