How many of us are guilty of what not to do when CCW

pj150

NES Member
I'm going to be even more self conscious now.

auavyd.jpg

Last edited:
Same as Chris said. But the upper body shift is a natural movement I think, its kind of strange to stand there feet to feet staring at eachother if you know what I mean (not that there is anything wrong with that).

I guarantee that each and every one of you are guilty of at least one. Most are doing it without even realizing it. Especially the security checks and favoring the holstered area while running.

I can say this because I am also guilty of it. No matter what type and how good a holster it is you are going to do it whether you realize it or not.[wink]

By the way..nice find on the poster.....I had not seen that in years.

Now ask how many of these "symptoms" apply to people CCW-ing cell phones , blackberrys , iPods , a beer , a slightly heavy thing.

One of the few semi sorta golden linings of living in commie-land is few of the "normal" people ever think guns exist at all. Aren't those things illegal ?

I think I'm going to stop carrying for awhile and adopt all these "signs" and incorporate all of them into my walk. Sort of like back in High School when we stood around in the smoking area for about a month smoking Lucky Strikes with roach clips. After awhile, the teachers got tired of checking us and we got away with the real thing for quite a stretch.

The only one I'm probably guilty of is keeping my hand close to my body. i use a comp-tac holster, so I'm pretty confident that it conceals so I don't have to keep checking on it. I've moved heavy objects w/ other workers and never had any printing issues. Even w/ my IWB holster i carry at 2 o clock, so I always know it's there and what it's doing.

"Style doesn't match?"

If I knew I was signing myself up for a fashion show I would never have gotten that permit.

If you think because you carry in a good holster that none of these apply to you, you live in a dream world.... even with the best concealment holster you can still print, you just think you dont....

If you think because you carry in a good holster that none of these apply to you, you live in a dream world.... even with the best concealment holster you can still print, you just think you dont....

+1

Fortunately, most people are in condition white and don't notice a thing.

Well, I know the majority don't aply due the fact that I'm not carrying IWB, OWB or Mexican. And yes, the holster may print, but if designed correctly, it looks more like a wallet than a gun. [grin]

Even if your printing, 99% of the people not looking for it won't notice it. I've stuffed a 1911 on me, and it was printing pretty bad...only the butt of it. I was out w/ a group of friends that night all of them know that I carry, but that night none of them even knew.

I keep thinking that I'm printing so obviously that anyone can see it. My fiance usually warns me, but I've asked her to look so many times she knows just what to look for. She often spots other people printing that I had no idea until she points it out. But my friends and family have all been shocked when I tell them that I'm carrying, so I guess I'm doing it mostly right.

I've played softball in Jeans and a T shirt carrying my P345 in a holster made for a Glock, half falling out constantly, and no one noticed.

Lately, when I'm carrying, my fiance says I have a look of "Yeah, that's a gun, so what are you going to do about it dirtbag? I dare you to say something!"

I guess that's working too.

For guys why not just "groin" carry? That way when you're adjusting your piece it looks like you're adjusting your "other" piece. No one would suspect it. And it may help attract the ladies. "Is that a 1911 in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Draw would be slow and an ND would be catastrophic.

Draw speed depends on exactly what you mean by groin carry. If the grip is above the beltline, 12:30 - 2:00 is faster than out on the hip. I agree that the smartcarry is probably slow. Once I lose some weight, I plan to try carrying in front of the hip ("appendix carry").

I agree on the ND danger. I certainly wouldn't carry a Sig there. [wink]

On this site http://www.smartcarry.com/ they have a video of a guy with what is essentially a groin holster. It seems to work pretty well.

So funny enough, I've been wearing a smart carry for three days now to try it out. I have to say that it is incredibly comfortable and does not print at all. I usually carry a M&Pc in a Comp-tac holder but switched to my G23 and extra mag with this one. I've showed it to a couple of people and no one has been able to pick out where the gun is (even when I pull up my shirt). I'm still practicing the draw as its a little awkward but +1 for smart carry. Its really a great product. For anyone who wants to carry a fuller size gun in the summer and not have to worry about your shirt riding up, I highly recommend it.

I also want to mention that I sit for most of the day at work. I've had no issues with comfort or driving in the car. It fits really well.

Back
Top Bottom