House Review of S2284 (formerly SB 2265)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roll call and its done...off to the others who are ready to voice their own BS and pass it...time for some PBR and a good night sleep

Roll call.... .....it's gonna pass fo sho. [thinking]

Roll call and its done...off to the others who are ready to voice their own BS and pass it...time for some PBR and a good night sleep

Can't access the live feed. Any updates will be appreciated

Wait, I had it on, and it says "in recess". Did they just vote on THIS BILL?

...off to the Senate.....they're on recess til 9:05.....prolly waiting for this shit to be run over to them for passage. [thinking]

CRAP! I've had it on the SENATE CHANNEL this whole time. Totally missed it.

I thought I did, and it looked like it said Peterson was correcting some issue with licensing which got broken in 1998. How is that bad?

I dont know a permanent assault weapons ban is usually considered a loss to most freedom loving Americans.

So here's an honest question for the "kill the bill!" crowd here -- given the actual, real-world state of things in Massachusetts, explain how doing that would make things better, and how having GOAL come out against the bill would make things better? In a state like this where the vast majority of the legislators can get easily elected even if they completely blow off the 2nd Amendment how is GOAL walking away from the table or blanketly opposing every politically-possible thing the legislators come up with because it's not constitutional carry going to do gun owners in the state any good? If they do that, legislators will just completely ignore them and I fail to see how that will make gun owners better off.

That said, I will completely agree that the tone of today's GOAL press release was all wrong. It should have expressed reluctant support, not metaphorical high-fiving and going on about how great and historic it was.

Regarding Peterson, I recall him sponsoring a bill to repeal the AWB. Could have been Brewer, not sure. That was about 3 or 4 years ago.

Edit:

I was corrected.

It was Senator Moore.

Last edited:
Is there a published bill we can read yet? Trying to figure out what else has been changed since the senate version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rchap, I don't follow. Your posting seems to support what I said.

That is the AWB I remember my Dad telling me Peterson was not going to back it but as you can see he did that is also the same time LTC fees went up to 100 dollars my point is this you can not count on anyone on beacon hill

next time try this you call any pro 2a on the hill tell them you are pro 2a and hope he/she is pro 2a .Then have your wife call the same person and say she hope he/she back the new gun control bill

you will both get the answer you are looking 4
What we need to do is look in to the past remember when MITT R was running for gov he said he was pro 2a right?

So here's an honest question for the "kill the bill!" crowd here -- given the actual, real-world state of things in Massachusetts, explain how doing that would make things better, and how having GOAL come out against the bill would make things better? In a state like this where the vast majority of the legislators can get easily elected even if they completely blow off the 2nd Amendment how is GOAL walking away from the table or blanketly opposing every politically-possible thing the legislators come up with because it's not constitutional carry going to do gun owners in the state any good? If they do that, legislators will just completely ignore them and I fail to see how that will make gun owners better off.

That said, I will completely agree that the tone of today's GOAL press release was all wrong. It should have expressed reluctant support, not metaphorical high-fiving and going on about how great and historic it was.

Why couldn't they say "We recognize the positive aspects of this bill, but due to the infringement of the suitability issue on FID, we cannot support the bill in it's current form. While we acknowledge the hard work of the legislature, we feel that the compromise bill that came out of the committee was too much of a compromise for us to support the bill in that form."

Is there a published bill we can read yet? Trying to figure out what else has been changed since the senate version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FID suitability is back in, LEO exemption for AWB, and a few other dingleberries in this shit sandwich of a bill.

It's OK.....LE (past, present & future) can still have whatever they want......that's gonna keep us all safe....right? right? [puke]

I think people gave me the stink eye on the commuter rail today when I was explaining the LE AWB exemption to a friend and told them they're the perfect candidates because how many thousands of bullets did the knuckleheads in Watertown use and hit the shitbag once? But they're trained. At least I keep most of mine on the paper

Why couldn't they say "We recognize the positive aspects of this bill, but due to the infringement of the suitability issue on FID, we cannot support the bill in it's current form. While we acknowledge the hard work of the legislature, we feel that the compromise bill that came out of the committee was too much of a compromise for us to support the bill in that form."

May I suggest perusing the SAFE act so that you might have a glimpse at what happens when theres no compromise.

I think people gave me the stink eye on the commuter rail today when I was explaining the LE AWB exemption to a friend and told them they're the perfect candidates because how many thousands of bullets did the knuckleheads in Watertown use and hit the shitbag once? But they're trained. At least I keep most of mine on the paper

ahhahahaha

Why do we compromise on every gun bill BEACON HILL can count on us to compromise again and again and again

Hit the shitbag once?!?

How about hitting, and nearly killing, one of their own!

That's outstanding and tier 1 training right there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom