House Review of S2284 (formerly SB 2265)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I suggest perusing the SAFE act so that you might have a glimpse at what happens when theres no compromise.

Was the passage of the bill in doubt? I don't think so. They could just be a bit more somber than celebrating, backslapping and grandstanding. Or support 'everything but'.

Again - This was not a win.

After it passes, congratulate the legislature, then get busy on next year, and be out front this time

Hit the shitbag once?!?

How about hitting, and nearly killing, one of their own!

That's outstanding and tier 1 training right there
Let's not brag. It's hard to determine the difference between the bad guy and your squadmate on the street.

May I suggest perusing the SAFE act so that you might have a glimpse at what happens when theres no compromise.

Ok you come to work for me I pay you 30 dollars a hour you work for 2 weeks I pay you 1 week and I keep 1 week after all we COMPROMISED

Is this effective immediately? When can I get oc/pepper spray for my adult family members?

Best I can tell, section 22 is the relevant section. I see no "take effect" date in the bill for section 22. Since it has an emergency pre-amble, then I assume it will become effective upon the signing of the bill by the MIA Governor.

It's OK.....LE (past, present & future) can still have whatever they want......that's gonna keep us all safe....right? right? [puke]

That gem might just come back to bite them in the ass hard.
Imagine the shit storm if some retired leo goes bonkers with some extra killy stuff he wouldn't have had if not for this?

Why do we compromise on every gun bill BEACON HILL can count on us to compromise again and again and again

Because if we don't "compromise" with them we get something even worse because we can't stop them from passing whatever they feel like passing, that's why.

Yes, it absolutely sucks. No question about that. But given the actual situation on the ground here, I'll take pragmatism and a not great result (that is still an improvement in some areas) over ideological purity and a total crap-fest.

Because if we don't "compromise" with them we get something even worse because we can't stop them from passing whatever they feel like passing, that's why.

Yes, it absolutely sucks. No question about that. But given the actual situation on the ground here, I'll take pragmatism and a not great result (that is still an improvement in some areas) over ideological purity and a total crap-fest.

You're wrong... When do you say no? When the Jack Boots are kicking in your door to take your kids?

when do you stand your ground?

Imagine the shit storm if some retired leo goes bonkers with some extra killy stuff he wouldn't have had if not for this?
I predict one of these guys getting somebody jacked up by selling some stuff he couldn't afford to them because they trusted him.

You're wrong... When do you say no? When the Jack Boots are kicking in your door to take your kids?

Dont be to hard on him- he may have grown up in AAAAHHHHHLINGTON- a stone's throw from where American liberty was born and then promptly eviscerated by liberals (Peterson et al)

Ya know what Petey- I sat next to you in the state hus on 13 Sept for one of the publik hearings. You are a fu king pussy. I would face impeachment rather than vote the way you did today.

When we have more than 30ish members in the house who *either* have an R next to their name or actually believe in the 2A, then we might have a chance at real reform.

In the meantime I think we have to do all we can to keep their boots in the closet, under a blankie

I hope the 'ass biting' doesn't play out that way.....then NOBODY will have the freedom toys.....it will need to be fought through the courts most likely...unless we can get an AWB repeal next session...won't hold my breath though. [hmmm]

It's not pragmatism. A lot of people put in a LOT of effort to keep this to what it is right now, which isn't really all that super duper. It is more like fighting a tsunami with a teaspoon.

I predict one of these guys getting somebody jacked up by selling some stuff he couldn't afford to them because they trusted him.

More like they will get greedy and make a stupid mistake and get caught.

When we have more than 30ish members in the house who *either* have an R next to their name or actually believe in the 2A, then we might have a chance at real reform.

In the meantime I think we have to do all we can to keep their boots in the closet, under a blankie

You need to see who voted for the bill
The roll call for the gun bill the National Rifle Association called an "egregious" assault on the Second Amendment is now available. In addition to George Peterson, seven other Republicans, who voted no on the House version of the bill, switched their votes to yes votes. Those voting yes were.
George Peterson (R-Grafton)
Jay Barrows (R-Mansfield)
Vinny deMacedo (R-Plymouth)
Kim Ferguson (R-Holden)
Sheila Harrington (R-Groton)
Angelo D'Emilia (R-Bridgewater)
David Vieira (R-Cape Cod)
Don Wong (R-Saugus)

You need to see who voted for the bill

I did see it.

We don't live in a vacuum. I think about 8 Rs and 8Ds voted contrary to their party.

When the Rs have control of the house,

(excuse me a moment [rofl] ok, I'm back)

Then we'll have a speaker who can muscle his members into line for voting, just like DeLeo does with his membership.

Until we have a number of people who aren't Ds, Rs don't have very much of a chance at controlling the conversation. The only hope for large scale reform of the gun laws is that *OR* the election of many pro 2A Democrats.

Which do you think is likely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom