House Review of S2284 (formerly SB 2265)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did see it.

We don't live in a vacuum. I think about 8 Rs and 8Ds voted contrary to their party.

When the Rs have control of the house,

(excuse me a moment [rofl] ok, I'm back)

Then we'll have a speaker who can muscle his members into line for voting, just like DeLeo does with his membership.

Until we have a number of people who aren't Ds, Rs don't have very much of a chance at controlling the conversation. The only hope for large scale reform of the gun laws is that *OR* the election of many pro 2A Democrats.

Which do you think is likely?

Both if we work at it

Many of you will oppose any gun law no matter how it is written.....some of this opposition to S2284 is knee jerk reaction.

so if it fails to pass, then pepper spray is still restricted, one can be denied an LTC for voluntarily seeking mental health treatment, an LTC denial has no means to be evaluated by a judge, and lost/stolen firearms could make you prohibited.

so those of you who knee jerk and claim "my rep voted NO" or "this is bullshit" I suggest you read the bill a few more times and consider what legislation we will get in the next session? You think its gonna get better? Only worse my friends.

go walk around your neightborhood and see how many people feel strongly about 2A....this is MA, not NH, ME, VT or the rest of the USA. We in MA are a tiny minority fighting an uphill battle.

chest thumping and insolence will achieve nothing but utter failure.

You need to see who voted for the bill
The roll call for the gun bill the National Rifle Association called an "egregious" assault on the Second Amendment is now available. In addition to George Peterson, seven other Republicans, who voted no on the House version of the bill, switched their votes to yes votes. Those voting yes were.
George Peterson (R-Grafton)
Jay Barrows (R-Mansfield)
Vinny deMacedo (R-Plymouth)
Kim Ferguson (R-Holden)
Sheila Harrington (R-Groton)
Angelo D'Emilia (R-Bridgewater)
David Vieira (R-Cape Cod)
Don Wong (R-Saugus)

Yeah- An elected republican in Ma is slightly to the right of obama

It works pretty well here in NH. It makes the legislators nervous in the state house. I refuse to play the political game. You're either for freedom or you're not, there is no middle ground.

Many of you will oppose any gun law no matter how it is written.....some of this opposition to S2284 is knee jerk reaction.

so if it fails to pass, then pepper spray is still restricted, one can be denied an LTC for voluntarily seeking mental health treatment, an LTC denial has no means to be evaluated by a judge, and lost/stolen firearms could make you prohibited.

so those of you who knee jerk and claim "my rep voted NO" or "this is bullshit" I suggest you read the bill a few more times and consider what legislation we will get in the next session? You think its gonna get better? Only worse my friends.

go walk around your neightborhood and see how many people feel strongly about 2A....this is MA, not NH, ME, VT or the rest of the USA. We in MA are a tiny minority fighting an uphill battle.

The most important constituency is the individual. Compromise away. I wont.

Not looking to start a flame war, so dont.

It works pretty well here in NH. It makes the legislators nervous in the state house. I refuse to play the political game. You're either for freedom or you're not, there is no middle ground.

Middle ground is like getting a medal for doing your best in a contest, makes you feel warm and fuzzy but one paper you still LOST

Sent from the blind

haven't checked in for a few hours and skimmed through the last few pages... didn't see a roll call posted so here it is if needed:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/235582115/Gun-Violence-Reduction-H4285-Roll-Call

1-8451a268e1.jpg

This message is to confirm your transaction with Commonwealth Second Amendment, Inc..

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Commonwealth Second Amendment, Inc. at [email protected]. Please include the body of this message in any correspondence to Commonwealth Second Amendment, Inc. regarding this order.

Please do not reply to this message. This is simply a courtesy confirmation for your records and security.

Transaction information is as follows:

Invoice: xxx

Watched the bill pass, then did this next. First time, not the last.
I will also thank my Rep for voting no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom