• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House Review of S2284 (formerly SB 2265)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Comm2a will be spending that money to fight it. OUR MONEY. (freely given).
And OUR MONEY will be used to defend this travesty of unconstitutionality, so that makes it a back door tax.

And you can't carry a gun without the king's permission IN ma once you move OUT of ma, unless you once again secure the king's permission.

I just did some rough math, and if my wife dumped her business and I sold out to my partners with the piece I own of mine, AND we sold our real estate here, we can make it in NH. Now I have to convince her to do it. Uphill, but that might be the whiskey fog creeping in.

Once you realize how nice it is to not need permission, you'll tell the Ma king to go **** himself.

I couldn't take all the defeatist Debbie-downers anymore so I went to the range and had a great time.

All this liberty dying one vote at a time, shit sandwich, etc, ... really? They listened and changed 95% of what we wanted in this bill. What many of you are demanding is pretty much "constitutional carry or go pound sand" - well, when you tell the legislature to go pound sand they'll just pound through whatever they want. All this pessimism for a whole lot of "what ifs" FID denials, which will be on public record for further scrutiny, when the bill literally fixes shit like "chief denies LTCs to a woman because he doesn't think women should have guns". Further, GOAL has come out of this with a lot of political capital. If GOAL told the legislature to FOAD they would never be listened to again - but now if FIDs denials actually become a problem there's a good chance GOAL can show up and say "Listen, we worked with you on this bill, you tried to put in protections, but here are the facts of what's going on" and there's a real chance they'll get heard again.

ETA: NO PERSON SHOULD EVER WALK OUT OF A GUN SHOP IN MASSACHUSETTS WITHOUT HAVING BEEN PERSONALLY ASKED IF THEY ARE ON GOAL'S EMAIL LIST. IT TAKES SECONDS TO BE ADDED, AND THE SHOP SHOULD OFFER TO DO IT FOR THEM (ALONG WITH THEIR OWN EMAIL LIST IF THEY HAVE ONE, PERHAPS). This will be critical to us in the future. Talk to your local gun shop owner about doing this. Please.

If you want to help GOAL, a person could simply gather email addresses from people who shop at Walmart in the Ammo section or at Dicks. So many gun owners don't even know what GOAL is. They will eventually join. The military would call such a email list gatherer a "force multiplier".

I just did some rough math, and if my wife dumped her business and I sold out to my partners with the piece I own of mine, AND we sold our real estate here.

No need to sell the businesses if you move out of state. You just become a commuter.

Don't expect a tax savings though. You don't have the income tax in NH, but working in MA you'll have to file a non-res return and still pay MA income tax. But you should get more house for the money in NH.

I can walk to NH from my back yard, so once the boy is done highschool, the only part of my life that changes is my address and an extra 6 mins of commute time and I'm a free citizen again. Living in NH and working in MA is fine, even if you're an owner. Why would you want to sell?

never thought i would say this but i want this thing passed ASAP before a nastier more ****ed up version surfaces.

the point of making voluntary mental health treatment a no longer grounds for unsuitability is IMO a huge step forward.

sorry for those of you who oppose this but IMO its a good jump forward.

I thought the same as you but after reading part of the bill, I think all it means is a person can't be added to the NICS system who voluntarily went for treatment. I am pretty sure a cop could still deny someone who went for treatment, based on unsuitability, if the cop somehow found out.

I still take it as a net win. All of you butthurt over the slightly greater power CLEOs have over FIDs are missing the bigger picture. I do not give a **** about FIDs. SCOTUS and a basic reading of the constitution affirm your right to own HANDGUNS and other items covered under LTCs. It is quite likely many more will have access to LTCs and in theory red towns should disappear.

This bill is not what I would habe preferred but its better than we we were yesterday. Anyone wronged by the minor bit of FID suitability should go straight to comm2a. The only way this state will ever be constitutionally compliant is through comm2a and litigation

Again... I consider this a win. You have never had a right to handguns as per recent state law and I could give a shit less about rifles and shotguns. To those clinging to "at least a person who the chief hated could legally get a shotgun unless PP before..." WGAF???? They have a right to handguns and ARs... thats ALL I care about. All else should be handled in the courts and MA should be forced to eat it.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Ok. No point in looking backward. Time to drop some $ on Comm 2A and get ready to unravel this $hit in fed court.

I, for one, am glad FIDs are now may issue. That's right, glad.

FIDs are a goddamn farce and have been since '98. I don't own one gun that's allowable without an LTC and I don't give a crap about hunting with a bolt action rifle or shooting trap with an O/U shotgun. If those were the only guns available in this country, I probably never would have bothered buying a gun at all. Maybe this will finally make the FUDs have a clue and it gets us one step closer to overturning the may issue LTCs, which is what really matters.

Back to your regularly scheduled bitching.

If you want to help GOAL, a person could simply gather email addresses from people who shop at Walmart in the Ammo section or at Dicks. So many gun owners don't even know what GOAL is. They will eventually join. The military would call such a email list gatherer a "force multiplier".
hmmm.. slap up little goal signs in the walmart ammo sections? Make them look professional enough and the little walmart isle droids might even think they are supposed to be there and leave them up?

hmmm.. slap up little goal signs in the walmart ammo sections? Make them look professional enough and the little walmart isle droids might even think they are supposed to be there and leave them up?

In my local walmart ammo section there's a motion activated camera with a LCD and an indicator light. I think the message is "YOU ARE ON CAMERA, NO FUNNY BUSINESS". [laugh]

I, for one, am glad FIDs are now may issue. That's right, glad.

FIDs are a goddamn farce and have been since '98. I don't own one gun that's allowable without an LTC and I don't give a crap about hunting with a bolt action rifle or shooting trap with an O/U shotgun. If those were the only guns available in this country, I probably never would have bothered buying a gun at all. Maybe this will finally make the FUDs have a clue and it gets us one step closer to overturning the may issue LTCs, which is what really matters.

Back to your regularly scheduled bitching.

Amen

Sorry, but i cant keep reading through this pissing match. I fully agree that this wasn't a landslide victory. I feel Goal is trying to spin it this way to get people feeling empowered, which they should do. However, do people here realize what state they are living in? Do they realize that the various bills that were initially introduced as a knee jerk reaction within a bleeding heart state after a massive school shooting that due to social media in the modern age, was perhaps the most politically influential anti 2A cannon for gun legislation? I agree that we should fight for shall issue, no awb! But this particular piece of legislation was not written by us. This was us, playing defense in a battlefield that we are largely outnumbered in. Welcome to Massachusetts. You guys are obviously terrible chess players and the same people starving in Somalia, yet complaining that your food is cold and a bit stale. It's just a shame to see this small minority (gun owners) within the state, bicker so much. If you're a utopian 2A idealist, that's great! Break the law here and own whatever you want or move somewhere else. But for everyone trying to hold their ground in this state, within the political process, we need to stand together and work towards something concrete. Am I satisfied? Hell no! But this is more of a reason to stand behind Goal, Comm 2A and others to fight for my rights, rather than roll over and cry because our rights were not given to us by an oppressive state. Again, I'm a realist, not an optimist.

The thing is... i dont understand the all or nothing guys. If you dont want to play ball move or ignore all the laws... but dont start bitching when the MA legislature does anything short of strike every last gun law from the books.

Unfortunately in this state we need to be realistic. Our rights will only he recognized after litigation... everything else is just how well we can apply the lube.

Mike

Sorry, but i cant keep reading through this pissing match. I fully agree that this wasn't a landslide victory. I feel Goal is trying to spin it this way to get people feeling empowered, which they should do. However, do people here realize what state they are living in? Do they realize that the various bills that were initially introduced as a knee jerk reaction within a bleeding heart state after a massive school shooting that due to social media in the modern age, was perhaps the most politically influential anti 2A cannon for gun legislation? I agree that we should fight for shall issue, no awb! But this particular piece of legislation was not written by us. This was us, playing defense in a battlefield that we are largely outnumbered in. Welcome to Massachusetts. You guys are obviously terrible chess players and the same people starving in Somalia, yet complaining that your food is cold and a bit stale. It's just a shame to see this small minority (gun owners) within the state, bicker so much. If you're a utopian 2A idealist, that's great! Break the law here and own whatever you want or move somewhere else. But for everyone trying to hold their ground in this state, within the political process, we need to stand together and work towards something concrete. Am I satisfied? Hell no! But this is more of a reason to stand behind Goal, Comm 2A and others to fight for my rights, rather than roll over and cry because our rights were not given to us by an oppressive state. Again, I'm a realist, not an optimist.

You feel ceding shall issue on FID was a hold your ground? Honestly, not trolling, but that's a real out yourself statement.

I'm a realist too, and a reluctant activist. I just took the rose colored glasses off.

And..... Just to illustrate how preposterous the "no compromise" stance sounds in the political arena, imagine if this was Goal's stance: "Besides removing the AWB, we want people of all ages to be able to purchase firearms, including fully automatic, without background checks. We would also demand that MA remove all licensing as this is our god given right to own a firearm as well as any military weapon/ explosive in order to defend our land from enemies both foreign and domestic." Utopia is fun, but its a fantasy. You don't bring a knife to a gunfight and you don't bring Mad Max to a political debate.

I get what most people are arguing, but at the end of the day we got ****ed (or *less* ****ed). Id rather goal privately confide that we still got screwed rather than still try to convince everyone that this bill is a good thing for gun owners. I get the public statements, but the more enthusiastic Wallace sounds the less confident I feel.

I disagree. It was still a win. FID suitability means nothing anyway... and this language still makes it pretty difficult to deny an FID... did I mention IDGAF about FIDs cause they have nothing to do with 2a?

Mike

You feel ceding shall issue on FID was a hold your ground? Honestly, not trolling, but that's a real out yourself statement.

I'm a realist too, and a reluctant activist. I just took the rose colored glasses off.

Not at all! But like it or not we're on the losing team. I feel like I'm part of the Jamaican bobsled team. All that I'm saying is that if we focus on everywhere that we're losing and throw our hands up, we'll lose big. We should try to first get traction, and then gain ground.

Secure Payment Processing
Thank you for your purchase. Your transaction has been processed with the following authorization:

APPROVED 182978

A summary of this transaction has been sent to the email address provided.

To return to Commonwealth Second Amendment, Inc., please select the following link:

http://www.comm2a.org/index.php/53-miscellaneous/98-thank-you

================================

or just go to http://comm2a.org/donate

Our job in the legislature is to get as many procedural wins as we can to make the litigation work easier.

Pepper spray for all those 18 and up is a huge win for many.

The LTC stuff may get rid of red towns all together... also huge.

The renewal grace period... awesome

The meat and potatoes will need to be handled by comm2a, but we knew that.

Mike

Last edited:
With my Limited understanding the New "suitability" stuff for FID's is in on March 1,2015
(SECTION 118. Sections 29 and 30 shall take effect on March 1, 2015)

BUT, the new LTC "Suitability" all the ***** on here like won't be in effect till January 1,2021..........

(SECTION 122. Sections 24, 25, 34, 42, 47, 48, 50, 53, 55, 61, 62, 63, 66, 71, and 75 shall take effect on January 1, 2021.)

With my Limited understanding the New "suitability" stuff for FID's is in on March 1,2015
(SECTION 118. Sections 29 and 30 shall take effect on March 1, 2015)

BUT, the new LTC "Suitability" all the ***** on here like won't be in effect till January 1,2021..........

(SECTION 122. Sections 24, 25, 34, 42, 47, 48, 50, 53, 55, 61, 62, 63, 66, 71, and 75 shall take effect on January 1, 2021.)

Without going back to the document, I *thought* those section had to do with the phaseout of the LTC-B wording, since LTC-Bs will still be in existence as issued until then.

I could be wrong.

I really want to know where all these guns laying in the streets are. I'm dying for a 1911 but the wife has denied that every time I mention it (baby due oct 4th probably doesn't help that decision). Is there some kind of app that I can use to alert me to the location of one?

Eta in reference to the herald article above

I really want to know where all these guns laying in the streets are. I'm dying for a 1911 but the wife has denied that every time I mention it (baby due oct 4th probably doesn't help that decision). Is there some kind of app that I can use to alert me to the location of one?

Eta in reference to the herald article above
The whole article was about sentencing for assault crime and the the last quote is about the gun being on the street. WTF? Their logic is comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom