• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House Republicans sell us out

I have felt this way about both parties for a while now. The Republican's have betrayed me over and over the Dems have always told that they are my enemy with regard to policy and lately just plain enemy. Betrayal is far worse. Your analysis is spot on here. The answer to your rhetorical question is a resounding, "The Republicans."
This thread goes a long way toward explaining why everyone in the Red states thinks everyone in MA must be crazy. 🤪

Digging in on the spending bill and causing discontent right now is a surefire way to lose moderate support. This is a case of losing a battle to win the war. We need to win the war and a short term spending bill isn't the hill to die on.

Digging in on the spending bill and causing discontent right now is a surefire way to lose moderate support. This is a case of losing a battle to win the war. We need to win the war and a short term spending bill isn't the hill to die on.
What hill is it then?
Not a dime for the border pisses me right off.
GOPussies is what we have.

What hill is it then?
LMAO, dude, how long have you been here? There is no hill. There will never be a hill and anyone who says there is a hill to die on is a Fed. This is NES 101. Theyll be marching us into the ovens and some guy will be saying, "Is this really the hill you want to die on?"

What hill is it then?
be pissed and take that energy to the voting booth. Remember much of this can and will be unf***ed post election but we need to get there first. If they decide to change speakers its only going to mess things up more. No one likes the spending bill, its only got juice until september I believe. We can't do anything if we don't remain tactical at this point and get more people elected. Sometimes we need to be a scalpel as opposed to a hammer looking for a nail.

LMAO, dude, how long have you been here? There is no hill. There will never be a hill and anyone who says there is a hill to die on is a Fed. This is NES 101. Theyll be marching us into the ovens and some guy will be saying, "Is this really the hill you want to die on?"
watch what happens to party support if the motion to vacate Johnson goes through. We just need to fly under the radar until the election and then let all hell loose. Chaos in the party in a lead up to an election is going to do more harm than good.

There’s no money for border security as Trump wants to make it an election topic against Biden. Hence whey House Rs torpedoed it in the first place. Can’t use it if something is already being done about it.

We may not even have a Republican majority by the time the election rolls around. Dems will likely control everything after this coming election so we won't have to fret over Republicans selling us out, we can just complain about the Dems shoving new assault weapon bans, etc. down our throats.

be pissed and take that energy to the voting booth. Remember much of this can and will be unf***ed post election but we need to get there first. If they decide to change speakers its only going to mess things up more. No one likes the spending bill, its only got juice until september I believe. We can't do anything if we don't remain tactical at this point and get more people elected. Sometimes we need to be a scalpel as opposed to a hammer looking for a nail.
WRITE MORE LETTERS TO YOUR CONGRESSMEN THEN VOTE HARDER!!1! [laugh]

There’s no money for border security as Trump wants to make it an election topic against Biden. Hence whey House Rs torpedoed it in the first place. Can’t use it if something is already being done about it.
Tell me you didn’t read the bill without telling me you didn’t read the bill. All Biden needs to do is walk back all the reversals he did with executive action. Biden has turned border patrol agents basically into the welcoming committee. Hiring more won’t do a thing if they aren’t allowed to enforce the actual law.

Funding doesn’t seem to be a problem when they are chartering flights for hundreds of thousands of illegals into American cities direct from their country of origin.

Maybe before we just toss around billions or dollars into a giant black hole we look at the root cause and not act like money is the fix to every problem.

I have felt this way about both parties for a while now. The Republican's have betrayed me over and over the Dems have always told that they are my enemy with regard to policy and lately just plain enemy. Betrayal is far worse. Your analysis is spot on here. The answer to your rhetorical question is a resounding, "The Republicans."
When you think about it , declared enemy combatants are required to be treated in accordance with a set of established rules.
Traitors get stood up in front of a wall and shot in most countries.

A razor thin majority in the house is nothing to stake your hopes on. Will be like this until the Republican Party convinces a lot more people that it can act and lead coherently.

Getting to 60 senators and +20 in the House will not happen as long as Trump, MTG and other winners are leading the headlines.

Hunker down, it’s gonna be exciting. Great WSJ editorial pointed out that all of us who do not live in 7 key swing states should be very happy to avoid the campaign bombardment for the next 7 months.

The Republican party had both chambers and the supposed messiah in the President's seat for two years and did nothing. There's not much more they can (not) do to convince people they're effective leaders.

The Republican party had both chambers and the supposed messiah in the President's seat for two years and did nothing. There's not much more they can (not) do to convince people they're effective leaders.
Bingo! They need to change their approach and have a lot of work to do.

We may not even have a Republican majority by the time the election rolls around. Dems will likely control everything after this coming election so we won't have to fret over Republicans selling us out, we can just complain about the Dems shoving new assault weapon bans, etc. down our throats.

As the recent vote just confirmed we have a fake Republican Majority.

I understand the politics and weaponized budget process. But if you look at what exactly some "Republicans" voted for in that bill the betrayal is clearly self evident.

They didn’t consider Trump as “One of Them” and actively did nothing to support his presidency. It was blatantly obvious they were part of the swamp.

Things have changed some now as a good portion of “R”s are now considered MAGA republicans. It’ll be hard for the swamp to ignore Trump like they did previously.

Back
Top Bottom