Help Me Narrow Down My CCW Choices. Pick Out Your Most Hated.

No bayonet?
1635612790626-png.537336
WTF is that thing, @Cuthbert Allgood's hat?
12999.jpg

1911 in .45! What do you mean it's not on the list?
OP's Europellets would just get stuck down in the chamber
the first time he dropped the slide...

The 19 has a 15rd mag. Unless it's the 19x, which has a long grip like the 17, because before there was a 45, there was the 19x.

Thanks again Glock. Your naming scheme on fantastic
4gyp3j.jpg

I didn't want to make my own thread so here we go. I've ben carrying a P238 for years at work. I've been wanting a P365 for a while now but now they've got the P365x. I don't see myself putting an RMR on it but it's nice to have the option. I'm already concerned the P365 is going to feel a lot larger than the P238 and the X even more so. Anyone have any insight?

I figure I'd carry the 365 with the pinky extension mag like my 238. So why not just get the X....

I didn't want to make my own thread so here we go. I've ben carrying a P238 for years at work. I've been wanting a P365 for a while now but now they've got the P365x. I don't see myself putting an RMR on it but it's nice to have the option. I'm already concerned the P365 is going to feel a lot larger than the P238 and the X even more so. Anyone have any insight?

I figure I'd carry the 365 with the pinky extension mag like my 238. So why not just get the X....
cannot say if it will or will not feel much larger. it is for you to decide.

i can only tell of comparing p365xl to p365 - that i felt a little bit less comfortable to drive with, but, compared to g19 or g17 - well, those are all toys size wise. i just prefer the smaller one.
play with the link i gave - you will see on the tabletop drag screen how they compare, it gives an excellent idea.
again, my opinion is - the p365 was the first (and only so far) small pistol i actually liked to shoot.

cannot say if it will or will not feel much larger. it is for you to decide.

i can only tell of comparing p365xl to p365 - that i felt a little bit less comfortable to drive with, but, compared to g19 or g17 - well, those are all toys size wise. i just prefer the smaller one.
play with the link i gave - you will see on the tabletop drag screen how they compare, it gives an excellent idea.
again, my opinion is - the p365 was the first (and only so far) small pistol i actually liked to shoot.
I've used that site and it was helpful. The pinky extension seems the same size as the x grip module. My car has Recaeo seats so driving with my compact 1911 is no fun buty P238 is fine. So that may be my deciding factor! I still can't get into AIWB carry.

Just my 2 cents, but coming from someone who started with regular P365 and later put on a P365XL grip, there's really no choice in the matter. P365XL or just the XL grip is the way to go. Feels far superior in the hand. Can get a pinky on and the backstrap no longer pokes the fat part of my hand, and it's not really a huge size difference for concealment. Slide to mag, it is the same size as a Shield with flush mag. Just that the P365's smaller trigger guard means you get more hand on the grip.

The bitch of it is that I put the XL grip on a regular P365, so I had to drop coin on mag conversions. Wish I just got the P365X or XL to start. But I was a really early adopter of the P365, so there wasn't a choice back then. I'm over micro guns. This is the smallest I'll go to now.

20201104_204601.jpg
20201104_201758.jpg

Just my 2 cents, but coming from someone who started with regular P365 and later put on a P365XL grip, there's really no choice in the matter. P365XL or just the XL grip is the way to go. Feels far superior in the hand. Can get a pinky on and the backstrap no longer pokes the fat part of my hand, and it's not really a huge size difference for concealment. Slide to mag, it is the same size as a Shield with flush mag. Just that the P365's smaller trigger guard means you get more hand on the grip.

The bitch of it is that I put the XL grip on a regular P365, so I had to drop coin on mag conversions. Wish I just got the P365X or XL to start. But I was a really early adopter of the P365, so there wasn't a choice back then. I'm over micro guns. This is the smallest I'll go to now.

View attachment 541859
View attachment 541860
Sounds like it's an X for me. Its all about concealment for me at work. Sometimes in the winter I'll wear a sweater/light jacket but not enough to carry something larger IWB or OWB.

Sounds like it's an X for me. Its all about concealment for me at work. Sometimes in the winter I'll wear a sweater/light jacket but not enough to carry something larger IWB or OWB.
I say try to get both to shoot first, then decide. I did not feel 365 any worse than X , but I have aftermarket pinky extender on mine.

I'm pretty skinny and short. I'm still fine with the XL frame. The only time it presents a slight problem is with a sidecar holster, but I think that's more to do with the lack of adjustment room on my waste line with the wide set up. If just using a regular holster, I never have any real issues.

But, whatever you get will be noticeably larger than a P238. It doesn't get much smaller than that gun for any non-derringer calibers. It's going to be tough to make any comparisons to that gun for concealment, which is to say that you'll have an adjustment period no matter what subcompact you get. They will all be bigger than a P238 unless you go with another small 380 pistol.

Lol. You're right. I do like bisexual guns that work during the day and at night 🤣

f***ing skinflints saving $50 for a gun with less ammo capacity that you can't use in the 18hr of New England winter daily darkness. Lol

View attachment 541859
View attachment 541860
365X is perfect, as far as grip size, width and barrel length.

The extra barrel length of the XL kinda s*cks for carrying, but the grip and width are the same.

It is a nice gun for those that are in shape and like to wear clothes that fit nice. (I understand this doesn't apply to most here).

giphy (14).gif

cinema-zoolander.gif

Sounds like quitter talk. I've appendix carried a 1911. Just be taller.
I would appendix carry, but it crushes my d*ck. Sometimes having a large d*ck is a disadvantage.

#BigDickProblems
#TheStrugleIsReal
#IrishPeopleWillNeverUnderstand

Though not on your list, I recommend carrying a HK P30SK in SA/DA, no safety version. Tiny gun with short grip, makes a huge difference in carrying, and just as fat as any other autoloader on your list. Since you're in a free state you could put a 10 or 12 round mag to minimize bulk when carrying but then just have a 18 or 20 rounder for a backup. The P30 is another great option - Jack Bauer loves it obviously you can't go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom