GOAL Rally on the Common Wed - April 3rd - Save the date!

Will you be in attenance?

• Total voters
For those of you bringing signs AND planning to go into the state house, what do you plan to do with the signs when you go in? I'm assuming they won't let me in with my sign (it is two pieces of 24"x36" posterboard mounted on a 6' wooden pole).

For anyone traveling in from Alewife, I plan to leave Alewife at around 11:15. I'm trying to talk a co-worker into joining me (my office is right by Alewife).

ETA: Is anyone else meeting with Senator Ken Donnelly or Rep. David Rogers? I have a 2PM confirmed with Rep. Rogers assistant. I'm waiting on a call back from Sen. Donnelly's office about whether anyone from the office is available to meet.

Last edited:
FYI-Stephen Lynch is scheduled to have a speech tomorrow at 12pm in Dewey Square Boston. I just received notice of this, and the topic being addressed is poverty & power. Not sure if it was planned or not to counter the 2A gathering. I had planned on attending, but unfortunately I have to go to a funeral. I will be there in spirit though!

For those of you bringing signs AND planning to go into the state house, what do you plan to do with the signs when you go in? I'm assuming they won't let me in with my sign (it is two pieces of 24"x36" posterboard mounted on a 6' wooden pole).

For anyone traveling in from Alewife, I plan to leave Alewife at around 11:15. I'm trying to talk a co-worker into joining me (my office is right by Alewife).

ETA: Is anyone else meeting with Senator Ken Donnelly or Rep. David Rogers? I have a 2PM confirmed with Rep. Rogers assistant. I'm waiting on a call back from Sen. Donnelly's office about whether anyone from the office is available to meet.
I'm parking at Alewife

FYI-Stephen Lynch is scheduled to have a speech tomorrow at 12pm in Dewey Square Boston. I just received notice of this, and the topic being addressed is poverty & power. Not sure if it was planned or not to counter the 2A gathering. I had planned on attending, but unfortunately I have to go to a funeral. I will be there in spirit though!
maybe at his Poverty speech he can explain why he doesn't want poorer citizens to be able to afford to defend themselves and wants to force them to buy expansive frivolous insurance

I printed out the list of talking points on GOAL's page for the rally, is there other information that might be useful to bring along tomorrow in the event either of my reps are actually at the statehouse tomorrow?

I also see goal has a pdf booklet of their current legislation, http://goal.org/Documents/2013-legislation-booklet.pdf
I'm thinking I could write up cover letter of sorts with a short bio, and where/why I stand on certain legislation, and staple that to a more detailed description of the various legislation, including GOAL's packet. I won't be surprised if I can't actually meet with my reps tomorrow, so I figure I could just drop something off with their secretaries.

Good idea, or waste of time?

I'll take the 9:17 commuter rail into the city. I'll get to South Station with plenty of time to get one of those great grilled cheese sandwiches in South Station before heading up to the common.

Anyone need a ride from South Central Worcester area? I have room for two leaving around 9:30 from ASC to Riverside to take the green line in.

I'm trying to decide whether to take the commuter rail or drive to alewife. It looks like parking at alewife will actually be cheaper than commuter rail fare from Acton.

Can anyone tell me whether there are enough parking spots at the alewife station at weekday mid-mornings, or does it usually fill up?

Back
Top Bottom