GOAL Rally on the Common Wed - April 3rd - Save the date!

Will you be in attenance?

• Total voters

Mike S

NES Member
GOAL Rally for our Rights on the Boston Common.

Wednesday April 3rd from noon - 3 pm

It will be at the Parkman Bandstand on the Boston Common starting at noon and will include a march to the State House at the end of the rally.

Updated guest speaker list:

Jim Wallace Executive Director of GOAL
Steve Moysey V.P. of GOAL
Jay Beard President of GOAL
Second Amendment Foundation's Alan Gottlieb
Illinois State Rifle Association's Rich Pearson
Youtube sensation and NES's on June 4th Yang Li and more!

DAY OF - PREPARATION

In order to optimize your meeting with your legislators we have printed up some talking points - Download and print this pdf featuring information which covers 6 separate bills and their affect on MA gun owners.

Who is your legislator? Find out by clicking here and entering your zip code. Don't forget to contact them before the event, make sure that they will be able to meet with you on the day of the rally at approximately 2:00 pm. Contact/Invite your state representative and state senator.

Bus information:

Westfield: The Westfield Sportsman Club has two buses leaving the club for the Boston rally April 3rd at 10am. Tickets are available at the club or BG Sporting, twenty dollar donation pays for bus. For more info contact - Westfield Sportsman club 413-562-0771 or BG Sporting at 413-568-7569

Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club: For Bus reservations call or e-mail Peter Saniuk. 508-873-3111 - [email protected] (not sure they still have room but give him a try)

Southborough Rod & Gun Club: The bus leaves at 10:30. Limited seating still available, you must make a RSVP to ride, please call Steve at (508) 380-3563.

Shawme Fish & Game: President Steve Horigan plans to arrange for a van or bus for Shawme Club members and guests. If you would like to catch a ride email Steve here.

Otter River Sportsmen’s Club. Meet at Wilson Bus in E Templeton at 9:30 AM Bus will leave their terminal at 10 AM sharp. Bus will leave Boston Common at 3:30 pm. They are asking for a donation of $20 to $25 for covering the cost of the bus.

Berkshire County/Lee: If you live in W. MA there is a bus coming from the Berkshire Mall. Details: Leaving the Berkshire Mall at 8:00 am by the Sears store, the cost is $30. The bus will also stop in Lee at the Town Hall/Police Dept to pick up south county members who want to go. Please RSVP by calling Mark Jester of Berkshire County League of Sportsmen. 413-499-8482

Maspenock is trying to get enough people together to rent a bus as well, if you are interested please call Joe at 508 769 1319.

We have received info that the following clubs have also arranged buses for their membership: Shawme, Southborough and Maspenock. If anyone from Southborough or Maspenock has more info about the bus please shoot me an e-mail so I can help promote - [email protected].

Check goal.org for more information and to confirm your attendance via the eventbrite.com link .

GOAL-Rally-Flyer.jpg

Last edited:
IIRC $50 fine not a criminal charge.

And possibly a letter to your CLEO reporting that you couldn't even follow a simple ordinance and he might want to consider your "suitability". If it's going to be on the Common, I'd leave the firearm home or suitably secured elsewhere. Of course the police would need reasonable suspicion to conduct a threshold inquiry and Terry stop, but that's not insurmountable. They can't just randomly stop people, ask them if they are carrying, and frisk them.

Do we have a link to the info on the GOAL site yet? I want to send to the board of my club and they'll most likely want something a little more "official" before mass e-mailing the members...

check goal.org, just uploaded it on the home page.

don't forget to hit refresh/clear your cache if you don't see it.

I am definitely in, I hope however the speakers have a better PA system so that everyone can hear them, last time the bullhorns worked but if you were across the street you heard nothing

OK folks, this is the rally to be at. This is the time to put your money where your mouth is. Rain, shine, snow,(??? - hey, it's possible up here) etc; This is the time for you to get into Boston for one of these rallies. In NY they turned out between 6K and 12K people. That sends a message. If we don't show up at least a 1K, we are sunk and they will steam roll us. It's already on my calendar and considering how much I do for 2A rights on a weekly basis, to the detriment of my business, I have a pretty good excuse not to go, yet I will be there.

OK folks, this is the rally to be at. This is the time to put your money where your mouth is. Rain, shine, snow,(??? - hey, it's possible up here) etc; This is the time for you to get into Boston for one of these rallies. In NY they turned out between 6K and 12K people. That sends a message. If we don't show up at least a 1K, we are sunk and they will steam roll us. It's already on my calendar and considering how much I do for 2A rights on a weekly basis, to the detriment of my business, I have a pretty good excuse not to go, yet I will be there.

What he said.

And in.

Buck.

I'm in!! Just took the day off from work. What's more is I'll be bringing my boss as well!!! Hope to see you all there!!!

And as far as the Common goes, I believe the law is that you HAVE TO carry a shotgun to cross the common. We have a right to bear arms, and handguns just don't do the trick! [wink]

And possibly a letter to your CLEO reporting that you couldn't even follow a simple ordinance and he might want to consider your "suitability". If it's going to be on the Common, I'd leave the firearm home or suitably secured elsewhere. Of course the police would need reasonable suspicion to conduct a threshold inquiry and Terry stop, but that's not insurmountable. They can't just randomly stop people, ask them if they are carrying, and frisk them.

There were a couple thousand of us there last month with no issues.

And, I will be there

I just got another order of pocket constitutions in, so a free one to everyone who brings a sign or flag, if I can get to you!

Back
Top Bottom