GOAL Rally on the Common Wed - April 3rd - Save the date!

Will you be in attenance?

• Total voters
Wasn't there an issue with carrying on the common?
Park Rules & Regulations | City of Boston

Specifically:
SECTION 2. No person shall, in any public park (including any boundary road thereof), or other public place (including any parkway) under the control of the Parks and Recreation Commission, except under the auspices of public authority:
(m) have in any such park or place, except a boundary road or parkway on which there are dwellings, any firearm or destructive weapon; or

SECTION 10. Whoever violates any provision of section seven of these rules shall be punished by a fine of not more than twenty dollars for each offense; and whoever violates any other provision of these rules shall be punished by a fine or not more than fifty dollars for each offense.

There are also metal detectors and no carry in the State House.

I haven't read through all the posts yet so forgive me if this is a repetitive post. "

We will be heading to the State House after the rally. If you plan on joining us, you cannot carry. There is no storage in the State House to accommodate anyone who might be carrying. So if you plan on carrying, you will not be able to enter the SH with your firearm.
Hope to see you all there.

In. If you can't get a day off, to show those wanting to pass these laws we mean business, you may as well support them. Silence plays into their camp.

Using my galaxy s2 via tapatalk, because I am too lazy to find a computer

I will be at this one too
ATT_1359043060259_SUNP00152_zps5ec0ed92.jpg

This pic must've been taken EARLY at the last rally, as there are only a couple dozen early arrivals there.

That's me waving the flag, with sign around my neck, trying to draw attention to our (then) small gathering.

EFF THAT! How is the "Common" a prohibited space? By definition, it's COMMON space, intended for everyone's lawful enjoyment.

F' the city and their stupid rules. BUT . . .

The Rally on the Common won't really change anything IMNSHO, as we'll be talking to ourselves and the press will down-play it no matter how many show up.

What IS important is that at the end, we each go and visit our own legislators and make our feelings known in a polite way. That might make them listen.

AND since the SH has metal detectors and forbids any weapons or even a sharp wit (only half-wits are allowed to work there), it's essential that we leave our gear at home so that we can get to make our points in a manner that might be given consideration.

Last rally (during working hours) in 1999, the legislators had no clue what was going on outside (there were ~5K of us), only when we paid them personal visits did we get a chance to "educate" them.

All that said, barring anything unforeseen, I plan on being there.

This pic must've been taken EARLY at the last rally, as there are only a couple dozen early arrivals there.

That's me waving the flag, with sign around my neck, trying to draw attention to our (then) small gathering.

Yes, that photo was taken at about 11:20 AM. I am "self defense is a human right" guy. We walked up there together in the same group.

Lots of speeches, a polite assembly, plus you clean up your mess. Hmm. I suspect the Pols will either ignore you all or sit in the windows poking fun at you. The ilk on beacon hill will not react until you SCARE them. Good luck though I hope I am wrong.

probably 75% of MA gun owners don't even know about the upcoming state level gun control bills. Hard to believe, but NES is just a very small part of MA gun owners.

I'd suggest adding a "Why" to the poster so people who come across this flier in the gunshop or at the range actually understand what's going on.

probably 75% of MA gun owners don't even know about the upcoming state level gun control bills. Hard to believe, but NES is just a very small part of MA gun owners.

I'd suggest adding a "Why" to the poster so people who come across this flier in the gunshop or at the range actually understand what's going on.
Sadly this is true and why we all have to step up our game.

Steel Shooter, it is early yet, things were slow for the 19th until the last few days, but get the word out, don't wait for someone else to do it.

O hell yeah I'll be there! I'll be printing out some of the Goal flyers and bringing them to some local gun shops. We need to get the word out beyond NES.

Thanks. I have signed up to go. This is far more important than work.

Using my galaxy s2 via tapatalk, because I am too lazy to find a computer

This is as important an issue as any we have ever faced . Gun owners need to decide if they want to keep their property or give it up eventually . It will be a never ending race to the finish .

Back
Top Bottom