GOAL Alert - Senator Tarr's "Act to Protect Due Process" Focus Efforts On This Bill!

Where is there a good parking spot for this? I don't mind a short walk. Taking the green line would run close to $25 for two, so this makes driving in more feasible. Also, is this starting at 12:00?

Where is there a good parking spot for this? I don't mind a short walk. Taking the green line would run close to $25 for two, so this makes driving in more feasible. Also, is this starting at 12:00?
I typically park here : The Boston Common Garage0 Charles St, Boston, MA 02116
(617) 954-2098
https://goo.gl/maps/EzFFSa59vRF2
however, height restrictions is 6'-3". You can find street parking on Beacon Street too.

If I am to continue the summer an undocumented felon I am willing to throw months of support behind courtroom battles to get a more advantageous position.

that is the unintended consequence of this whole Healy fiasco. Gun owners in MA are one of the most peaceful, careful, safety conscious, law abiding bunch anywhere in the world. But if suddenly EVERYONE of them is being treated as a potential felon.....why would we continue to act that way.....i.e. obeying the laws without question? This is potentially opening up a huge Pandora's box.

Spoke with 3 friends yesterday who are not shooters or gun owners. All three were apalled by the AG's action and all said they would call or email their reps and senators yesterday evening (each is in a different district and none are in my district). As I talk with people about this I'm seeing more and more people agreeing with our side. Keep calling and talking and push this issue!

Just did a round of phonecalls and left Voicemails... Little disappointed to see that all the voicemails weren't full from NES calling every night!

Just emailed my Senator and Representative and cc'd every other Senator/Representative on these emails. Will be making more calls in a bit.

Reach out to your local shops and ask that they have a phone ready to go, any customer that walks in can be encouraged to call their reps and support this bill.

....why would we continue to act that way.....i.e. obeying the laws without question?....

One of my rounds of emails said essentially that, that if they don't fix this this session they are condoning it through inaction, and sending a STRONG message to everyone (not just gun owners) that if the law(s) is vague and subject to interpretation there really is no point in following it if it can change overnight...even after decades-

Its 18 to park in the Boston Common Garage... if its a couple of you that's not bad. Honestly, if you are gonna stay down there for lunch or something that's not bad.

Mike

Would this bill make it so purchases of massified ARs and AKs would be legal going forward ala prior to the AG's directive? Also, would the approved handgun list be nixed?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

As stated earlier in the thread, this will roll the clock back to July 19, 2016. It will also prevent Healey, or any other AG of the future from changing laws like she did. It also provides protection from prosecution for gun owners, as screwed up as that sounds considering we broke no laws, but there it is.

the fines are the comprises. They are the part that allow people who wouldn't normally support the bill to support it so they can remain tough on crime and guns.

This. It provides legislators "cover" to support the bill and still appeal to their moonbat base. "Well, while I didn't like the entire bill, it provides increased penalties for those who commit gun crimes and makes us all safer." It doesn't really make anyone safer, but it gives the appearance of doing so.

And it does appear to rectify the recent idiocy of our AG and prevent it from occurring in the future.

This. It provides legislators "cover" to support the bill and still appeal to their moonbat base. "Well, while I didn't like the entire bill, it provides increased penalties for those who commit gun crimes and makes us all safer." It doesn't really make anyone safer, but it gives the appearance of doing so.

And it does appear to rectify the recent idiocy of our AG and prevent it from occurring in the future.

Exactly, it's all about talking points with the professional politicians.

The good news is, that it's an election year and we will remember in November should this not be brought to the floor and passed.

Received an email from Mr. Tarr the other day. He's a Gloucester native like myself and we all know each other in some way or form. He will be keeping up the fight for us. Have faith and a bit of patience.

Have faith and a bit of patience.

Patience is exactly something we do not have the luxury of affording right now. If this doesn't get a vote today or tomorrow, it will need to be refiled when the legislature reconvenes in February, I think.

We have to push while we have the time. If time runs out, this becomes a serious problem.

It is now SD. 2644 An Act to protect due process and strengthen public safety

Ugh - and its already in committee.

DateBranchAction
7/30/2016SenateReferred to the committee on Rules of the two branches, acting concurrently

Holding the bill at full committee level means one of two things: either the bill will be acted on quickly or it is being suppressed and will die from neglect.

This is one of the stages where things can get tricky. A committee isn't required to act on measures referred to it; neither is a subcommittee. It only takes one subcommittee or committee to trip up a bill's progress, and it can happen without any visible activity. For example, if the leadership decides the bill does not fit within its overall agenda, a decision not to act will "kill" the bill just as effectively as a vote against it. The only way for a member to get the bill out of the committee should this happen is to use a discharge petition.

Last edited:
Why are we backing something that leaves the copycat clause? It exempts us as undocumented felons, corrects overreach, but shuts the door on semiautomatic in a grey loophole.

Why are we backing something that leaves the copycat clause? It exempts us as undocumented felons, corrects overreach, but shuts the door on semiautomatic in a grey loophole.

What else could get passed today or tomorrow?

It seems to do a good job of getting things back to how they were.

Dont really care. If it doesn't pass it becomes a courtroom fiasco, and honestly, I'm a bit down for that. You can't win rights these days without going to court, Maura herself said our awb was useless but nobody's just saying lets repeaal it for smart legislation.

We are not going to get rid of the copy cat clause, but might get a clarification that it applies to copies of guns recognized as bans by the feds 94-04 (ie, the same as the law was understood for 18 years). If we get the protection, Healey will still have accomplished her primary goal - boosting her gun ban bonafides for the klintonistas.

Negative, the enumerated list of arms had the prohibited evil features also detailed int he law. In order to copy them - you had to copy the evil features. Removal of evil features does not equal a copy.

The anti civil rights activist AG used a guidance clause under 93a to "guide us" that a semiautomatic operation equals a copy. This bill removes that guidance, and removes the ability of an AG or anyone to provide that guidance without due process.

Back
Top Bottom