• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Alert - Senator Tarr's "Act to Protect Due Process" Focus Efforts On This Bill!

I thought that was Secretary of State, Bill Galvin, aka, Mr. Irrelevant?

Constitution Article XLVIII part II section 3 covers Initiative petitions.
"Such petition shall first be signed by ten qualified voters of the commonwealth and shall then be submitted to the attorney-general, and if he shall certify that the measure is in proper form for submission to the people, ..." it then goes to the Secretary.

The same is applied to ballots in a different section.

The intent is that the AG certifies that the document is in the proper form but with this AG, who knows what form is needed.

If all the stars lined up maybe.
Anything that does require conformation will be out.
All it takes is Hillary's star, plus 4 Democrat Senate challenger stars. Sadly quite possible.
She's made herself too controversial now.
Amongst the progressive crowd she's made herself notable. If her hero wins, she's in like Flynn for a very nice DC job; there are many that don't require confirmation. If she stays in MA I figure she'll run for governor in 2 years, or for the next Senate seat that opens up.
She just declared close to half a million people retroactive criminals, and considering Mass. is not the center of the universe, most of the rest of the country just did a "WTF?".
She did Hitlery's bidding and I suspect she will find out like so many others what happens to useful idiots.
She won't be the first or the last.
If Hillary loses then I agree with you.

Guess they forgot about groups like the Pink Pistols and their exponential growth following Orlando.

They forgot about it so hard that they had to gin up "Gays Against Guns" by way of response. Seriously, that wasn't a group I'd ever heard of before the post-Orlando explosion in interest in the PP.

Constitution Article XLVIII part II section 3 covers Initiative petitions.
"Such petition shall first be signed by ten qualified voters of the commonwealth and shall then be submitted to the attorney-general, and if he shall certify that the measure is in proper form for submission to the people, ..." it then goes to the Secretary.

The same is applied to ballots in a different section.

The intent is that the AG certifies that the document is in the proper form but with this AG, who knows what form is needed.

thanks for the clarification

Doesnt matter. Not going by lists per the King.
Determination based on Operating system, sharing parts, looks, smell, color, etc.

Gas Piston operating system - check
Shares parts with an "Assault Weapon" - check
Inland vs Winchester "copycat" - check

Ya'll got some nice "Assault Weapons" there my friend.

Great way for de facto ban em all. Making up shit.
Can you find the 22lr versions...
It's wwii. It predates the ban. It's perfectly safe.

JFC the 'copycat' language refers to it being a copycat of a specifically enumerated weapon.

I still didn't get an answer on this. If I'm reading it correctly this is a list of firearms that are allowed and anything that is not on this list is considered banned under the AWB. Is my understanding correct?

So this is a list of firearms that are allowed? It's not only just semis but bolt,lever & pump etc? I don't see the Ruger RPR on there so does that mean it's considered an assault weapon too?
Un effin believable if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Goliathan View Post
Here's the link again:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...XZZRjZ5cHhKQUk

Last edited:
I still didn't get an answer on this. If I'm reading it correctly this is a list of firearms that are allowed and anything that is not on this list is considered banned under the AWB. Is my understanding correct?

No one knows, because she won't answer any questions about it. It's up to your own judgement right now, and what a gun shop will sell you.

Any list you may or may not see of so-called "allowed" guns is just about worth the paper it's printed on. If there's anything we've learned in the last two weeks, it's that what the law actually has to say on the subject doesn't matter one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Goliathan View Post
Here's the link again:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...XZZRjZ5cHhKQUk

NO! That list is a "by definition NOT an AW". It is not an all inclusive list but if something is on that list it is safe to own/buy/sell without adding evil features to it.

You want evidence of WHY it isn't all inclusive? I'll give it to by example:

- Only one brand of M1 Carbine is listed.
- It would be very difficult to defend in ANY court of law why one M1 Carbine brand is OK but all others are banned, especially since all mfrs made them to the same gov't specs and all parts are interchangeable.
- I rest my case!

Thanks for the clarification. I realize it's not all inclusive and that they are making up the laws and interpreting them any way they choose but if your firearm is on the list it probably gives you a better defense over a firearm that's not on the list. Although this is mAssachusetts so the probability of a fair trial when it comes to firearms is poor to non-existent.

Any list you may or may not see of so-called "allowed" guns is just about worth the paper it's printed on. If there's anything we've learned in the last two weeks, it's that what the law actually has to say on the subject doesn't matter one bit.
Correct. The crazy AG lady has proven that the law, as written and enacted, doesn't matter a hoot anymore. [thinking]

It is any wonder that dealers are holding back on sales of even Appendix A protected firearms? [crying]

Here's an example of how seriously we are being taken. I just got an email from Radka Barter, the legislative aide for Rep Shaunna O'Connell, at 9:52 PM this evening. We do have legislators burning the midnight oil in order to make things happen tomorrow. Copy/paste below:

Good afternoon John,

Please email/call me tomorrow when you will be at the State House.We will be happy to meet you.

Thank you for your continuous effort.

Kind regards,

Radka Barter

Sent from Samsung Mobile.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 07/29/2016 5:45 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: "Barter, Radka (HOU)" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Bills RE AG--REP. O'Connell office

Great. It appears that GOAL is putting it's major effort into Sen Tarr's new, unnumbered bill. I read it and it appears to include much of the language from Sen Humason's earlier bill. Kathy and I will be at the State House tomorrow, so hopefully we can finally meet you and Rep O'Connell if time permits. I have also called the governor's office about this legislation, Sen Pacheco's office and the leadership for both the House and Senate. We are trying to give you folks in the General Court the weight of numbers that you need to empower you.

Thanks,
John

To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2016 5:16:17 PM
Subject: Bills RE AG--REP. O'Connell office

Good afternoon John,

I have received your voice mail.Thank you so much for informing me with updates. I'm pleased to inform you that Rep.O'Connell is already so-sponsor of HD 4949 filed by Rep.Lombardo and she is also co-sponsor of Sen. Tarr 's bill, An Act to Protect Due Process and Strengthen Public Safety(Bill doesn't have a number yet).

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Radka Barter.
Didn't know until today my wife was referenced on NES :)

What ever happened to this bill? Is it still in play? If not, did it get re-submitted?
I believe this was filed as an "on behalf of" bill. On behalf of bills never go anywhere except "to study". For any bill to have a chance it has to be sponsored by a legislator.

Filing "on behalf of" bills means one of two things - Either extreme naivette on part of the behalfee, or a publicity or donor enticement plan that does not involve any anticipation the bill will be taken seriously.

Back
Top Bottom