GOAL Alert - Senator Tarr's "Act to Protect Due Process" Focus Efforts On This Bill!

Dont really care. If it doesn't pass it becomes a courtroom fiasco, and honestly, I'm a bit down for that. You can't win rights these days without going to court, Maura herself said our awb was useless but nobody's just saying lets repeaal it for smart legislation.
It could fail in the courts because of one activist judge. There's no guarantee of an appeal. I'd prefer to do it in the legislature, personally.

I guess I dont see how we are changing:
Assault weapon” is defined as a:
semiautomatic assault weapon as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994, and shall include, but not be limited to, any of the weapons, or copies or duplicates of the weapons [emphasis added], of any caliber, known as:1

It's likely that every bill goes through the joint rules committee. If it gets referred to the public safety or other substantive committee, that's when I will start to worry the fix is in.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

It could fail in the courts because of one activist judge. I'd prefer to do it in the legislature, personally.

Agree

Even more so that there is a Ma judge that is a "partner" to the AG. When a cop pulls someone over and finds out they are related to another cop, there is usually professional courtesy given and the driver gets a verbal and can drive off without issue. I find it hard to believe that when the AG is in the mass court system, the judges will not always favor the AG on anything controversial.

I guess I dont see how we are changing:
Assault weapon” is defined as a:
semiautomatic assault weapon as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994, and shall include, but not be limited to, any of the weapons, or copies or duplicates of the weapons [emphasis added], of any caliber, known as:1
Its basically rolling things back to how they were pre-directive.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Emergency Preamble: Yes

==============

"Emergency Preamble: Means by which a Bill becomes a law upon the signature of the Governor instead of the usual ninety-day waiting period."

So we need baker to sign this to be effective? Now at least when we call the office we can ask about a specific bill.

So we need baker to sign this to be effective? Now at least when we call the office we can ask about a specific bill.

We are not at that step yet - but we can start now.

I also wonder if Baker is required to sign it. Is this one of those situations where (if it passed) it goes into law if the Gov does not sign but also does not veto within X days?

Its also repealing what has been done, look the the text. It also takes away her authority to change regulations via edict.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

There is a lot of win: this also yanks 940 CMR 16.00.

Here is the first sentence of that regulation:
"The Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts promulgates 940 CMR 16.00 pursuant to authority granted to him under M.G.L. c. 93A, § 2(c)."

It could fail in the courts because of one activist judge. There's no guarantee of an appeal. I'd prefer to do it in the legislature, personally.

Agree

Even more so that there is a Ma judge that is a "partner" to the AG. When a cop pulls someone over and finds out they are related to another cop, there is usually professional courtesy given and the driver gets a verbal and can drive off without issue. I find it hard to believe that when the AG is in the mass court system, the judges will not always favor the AG on anything controversial.

So very true. And the court "solution" won't happen for YEARS!!

We are not at that step yet - but we can start now.

I also wonder if Baker is required to sign it. Is this one of those situations where (if it passed) it goes into law if the Gov does not sign but also does not veto within X days?

Yes, that is how it works.

------------------------

To others:

There seems to be a reading comprehension problem with some folks here. Sit down and read the bill before criticizing. It makes all this "go away" and prevents another re-occurrence. Only bad part is jail term for 1st offense of non-registration, other than that it does not do anything negative at all. Great work by GOAL and Sen. Tarr!

Soo, I'm still not seeing how the ar-15 isnt still banned under the recent interpretation. I know the interpretation is invalid, but the writing of the law still supports it.

Last edited:
If her initiative is nullified, then you were in a pre-7/20 legal environment and abiding by the law as written and simply registering a legal firearm.

Which is as it should be.
How did the term "registering a firearm" get in here. "registering" should be nowhere. It is "recording transfer of". Right? It's not a registration system. As it is only one-way.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

I just started hitting his twitter feed.

Stan Rosenberg
senate president

Democrat,
Amherst
Room 332
Boston, MA 02133
617-722-1500

Email: [email protected]

How did the term "registering a firearm" get in here. "registering" should be nowhere. It is "recording transfer of". Right? It's not a registration system. As it is only one-way.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

E-mailed Rosenberg......for all the good it will do

Fill his twitter feed. More public.

There is a line out the door at Rosenbergs office and two legal pads being signed at the same time. Moving right along. The noise from the blm is pretty distracting but tolerable. I hope there was a good turnout. Met a couple of like minded nes guys and a gal on the bench outside 160.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom