• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Alert - Senator Tarr's "Act to Protect Due Process" Focus Efforts On This Bill!

I went to the state house today and went to my rep's office.

I would like to emphasize to people that calling on the phone is very effective, you do not have to physically get over there. It's great that a bunch of us did, but use the technology, pick up a phone, write an email, it all helps very much. They are getting a constant stream of concerned calls and I believe it is having a strong effect.

I emphasized that I expect my legislators to protect me from an out of control Attorney General.

+1000

I was just informed by my rep's secretary that DeLeo has stated that they will not hear any bills regarding the AG's actions this session due to "time constraints". Was told by one of DeLeo's secretary's that they're going to "wait and see what the courts rule". Great, so someone has to risk it all to be a test case?? Absolutely insane.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I was just informed by my rep's secretary that DeLeo has stated that they will not hear any bills regarding the AG's actions this session due to "time constraints". Was told by one of DeLeo's secretary's that they're going to "wait and see what the courts rule". Great, so someone has to risk it all to be a test case?? Absolutely insane.

http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/07/copycat_weapon_crackdown_mass.html

""There's no possible way we could have an issue such as a gun debate be debated and acted upon within two days," said DeLeo, ..."

Sadly, this was my prediction.

so then all should demand no new other business should take presceden e until this issue is settled satisfactorily.

Dunno man, I was there and I'm sitting in the gallery per goal instructions. Cant say the turnout was stellar.

Not there, but sorry I don't understand how sitting in the gallery is going to help anything pass. If I were there, I'd make the rounds of those offices and leave. They won't take into account the fact that x people were in the gallery, but they might if they spoke with you and noted who and how many visited their office.

This is "kick the can down the road", he knows full well that no court will hear the case for a year or more, so the legislature would just ignore it like they did on the infamous CMR! They were pissed and then did nothing. They are really good at that.

Has anyone seen the shit that's on the table for this session? I mean ****. You can bump some of that "so very important" shit right off the docket.

Letting the courts rule gives them political cover...cowards!

lol... none of this is surprising. The only thing that has changed is that they will now have to catch me-

The upskirting scandal was SO egregious they addressed that in 18 hours... a usurpation of power by a single politically motivated tyrant and infringement of the second amendment of the United States is "too heady" to address in a timely fashion and requires years in court..

Hey Maura: Bring a warrant.

Last edited:
If these miscreants decide to appease the AG, we should keep the pressure on until the next session starts. Let's keep it fresh in their minds and remind them that they work for us.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

If these miscreants decide to appease the AG, we should keep the pressure on until the next session starts. Let's keep it fresh in their minds and remind them that they work for us.

Gonna be a long road, but yeah. Time to shift to campaign mode and to start campaigning against all the ones who came out in support of Healey's actions.

We need to consider a coordinated effort to keep those opposed fighting for thier offices as they come up for reelection. This is probably not something that GOAL should be involved in because they need to work with these people. And it would be a fast way to sour thier relationships.

No anti should ever run unopposed. And those who actively target our rights should also be opposed politically at every turn.

went today. do not feel represented.

so apparently all we need is a pro-gun AG to fix all this. great. That'll happen.

#bringawarrant

We need to keep pressure on the reps that sent clarification letter to AGO on July 28th. They must make AGO respond. If the AG doesn't respond, we hammer again that she has no problem legislating and answers to no one.

Gonna be a long road, but yeah. Time to shift to campaign mode and to start campaigning against all the ones who came out in support of Healey's actions.

We need to consider a coordinated effort to keep those opposed fighting for thier offices as they come up for reelection. This is probably not something that GOAL should be involved in because they need to work with these people. And it would be a fast way to sour thier relationships.

No anti should ever run unopposed. And those who actively target our rights should also be opposed politically at every turn.

I read somewhere (not sure if it was a news article or something here) that almost all the state reps/sens are running unopposed for this coming election. So they are assured of their jobs and certainly won't be afraid of us! Sad isn't it?

went today. do not feel represented.

so apparently all we need is a pro-gun AG to fix all this. great. That'll happen.

#bringawarrant

I volunteered for 3 pro-2A AG campaigns and listened to another candidate at our gun club. Only one of them really worked to get voters to vote for him, the rest were pretty invisible to the masses and stood no chance.

MA is a sad state, the one that worked for it couldn't get support from the state Rep committee even.

I can tell you without a doubt that if a pro 2A AG was elected and held a press conference "interpreting" that the 2A in both the federal and state constitutions means what it says in plain language, and all other regulatory legislation was therefore illegal, that Deleo would hold emergency vote to somehow undo that in all of fifteen minutes.

They will go to their house parties after and laugh about all the "gun nuts" begging for the repeal of the decree.

This. Our numbers in this state mean shit. We are at most a minor annoyance that they just want to go away, not a threat to their "career" in politics.

Not like there couldn't be a filibuster

Mike

I can tell you without a doubt that if a pro 2A AG was elected and held a press conference "interpreting" that the 2A in both the federal and state constitutions means what it says in plain language, and all other regulatory legislation was therefore illegal, that Deleo would hold emergency vote to somehow undo that in all of fifteen minutes.

No kidding!

I was there for a few hours today.

There were two interesting things that I saw.

When I dropped off my letter at Naughton's office, his legislative aide read it and said "You included Senator Tarr's bill, that's good."
Also, I spoke with someone familiar with the legislature in general and he confirmed that the legislators are very unhappy that Healey dropped this on them in the run up to election year.

I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be resolved by the end of the session.

I was there for a few hours today.

There were two interesting things that I saw.

When I dropped off my letter at Naughton's office, his legislative aide read it and said "You included Senator Tarr's bill, that's good."
Also, I spoke with someone familiar with the legislature in general and he confirmed that the legislators are very unhappy that Healey dropped this on them in the run up to election year.

I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be resolved by the end of the session.

Unfortunately even if we have the popular will, the gatekeepers can **** us, and looks like they probably will.

Mike

Went down to the statehouse today and could not find either my state rep, state senator, Gov. Baker or the Speaker... All seemed to be "busy" and could not be seen. Pathetic!

I knew what the result would be before I left my house today, but after spending two hours driving and two more hours trying to talk to my representatives and state leadership, only to find no one was around made me as frustrated as I think I have been in a long while.

Now hearing that there will be no vote on this issue and that someone will unfortunately have to be the guinea pig for testing this in the courts is just nuts...!! Am I a felon or not, will I be arrested today or not, will I be financially ruined today or not.... all at the whim of a bureaucrat... What has this state come to.... Its a far cry from what used to be the birthplace of liberty.

I volunteered for 3 pro-2A AG campaigns and listened to another candidate at our gun club. Only one of them really worked to get voters to vote for him, the rest were pretty invisible to the masses and stood no chance.

MA is a sad state, the one that worked for it couldn't get support from the state Rep committee even.

We need someone with a D after their name, nobody else will get any votes in this hole.

We need a Quisling. Do the Dems have quislings?

#bringawarrant

healy, deleo, rosenburg... democracy. Have the stones to put it to a vote of your peers...of the peoples elected representatives... if not, you are solely responsible. Way to step up.

What are you SO afraid of if you're right?

#bringawarrant

Last edited:
healy, deleo, rosenburg... democracy. Have the stones to put it to a vote of your peers...of the peoples elected representatives... if not, you are solely responsible. Way to step up.

Yup, keep calling, emailing, snail mailing, tweeting. Never let them forget how mad we are.

Keep calling Rosenberg and Deleo. They are still answering the phones and keeping track of callers. The session isn't over yet. Keep the pressure up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom