• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 22 purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

paracarry

NES Member
Back in july of 2008 I did a thread on Glock vs M&P for peoples opinion. I bought an M&P in 40 S&W and am very pleased with my purchase. I had owned a Glock 19 about 15 years ago and sold it just wasn't crazy about it. Well I go into my favorite Gun shop on the South Shore today. and in the case he has a Glock 22 1st Generation pre-ban brand new never been issued from a large city police dept. the reason I say it is from a large city police dept is because on the slide it says D______ Police. Did I mention pre-ban 2 hi cap 15 round mags brand new not issued for what i thought was a reasonable price. I now have one he has one left.

Back in july of 2008 I did a thread on Glock vs M&P for peoples opinion. I bought an M&P in 40 S&W and am very pleased with my purchase. I had owned a Glock 19 about 15 years ago and sold it just wasn't crazy about it. Well I go into my favorite Gun shop on the South Shore today. and in the case he has a Glock 22 1st Generation pre-ban brand new never been issued from a large city police dept. the reason I say it is from a large city police dept is because on the slide it says D______ Police. Did I mention pre-ban 2 hi cap 15 round mags brand new not issued for what i thought was a reasonable price. I now have one he has one left.

Great choice for a great gun.

and in the case he has a Glock 22 1st Generation pre-ban brand new never been issued from a large city police dept. the reason I say it is from a large city police dept is because on the slide it says D______ Police. Did I mention pre-ban 2 hi cap 15 round mags brand new not issued for what i thought was a reasonable price. I now have one he has one left.

Why do people on NES hide odd facts?

Ok, ok paracarry, ill break the ice for you. Its from the Detroit police department and its a 2nd gen.

the secrets out! [rofl]

Yep they are all gone now. My buddie called early this afternoon and they were all gone. I think he had 10 of them, don't know what the price was like. Thats why I hate going into out of state stores and seeing brand new Glocks for $479 take your pick they are all the same price. When we are getting hosed on 10 to 12 year old guns for twice as much as they are brand new [rolleyes]. This is why I will never own one. If I am going to spend $700 to $900 on a used gun, I would rather buy a new Sig.

a few gun shops in MA had them from what I saw, A&G in Lowell had them as did FS IIRC

Why do people on NES hide odd facts?

Ok, ok paracarry, ill break the ice for you. Its from the Detroit police department and its a 2nd gen.

the secrets out! [rofl]

And be careful. I took a look at one of the DPD Glock 22's and the magazines were NEW manufacture hi-caps - Meaning they had the ambi-cutout. No-no in Mass.

And be careful. I took a look at one of the DPD Glock 22's and the magazines were NEW manufacture hi-caps - Meaning they had the ambi-cutout. No-no in Mass.

You mean someone has,or is selling,post ban high caps in MA ?

If it was me,I would report them to the AG,for everyones safety.By not saying anything,you are actually condoning this illicit behavior.

Last edited:

If it was me,I would report them to the AG,for everyones safety.

Sounds to me like he's helpfully warning folks that they might unknowingly commit a felony by shopping there, lest some LTC bearing newbie get into hot water for a crime they didn't know existed.

If it was me,I would report them to the AG,for everyones safety.By not saying anything,you are actually condoning this illicit behavior.

[rofl][laugh2][laugh] That's the second time you've made me laugh tonight. You ok Greg? [smile]

That's why he should have called the AG right then and there.

I agree with you that the law's 100% stupid, I could care less what the birthday is on someone's mags, but in Mass. that is a serious crime in the eyes of the law. Not in my eyes, not in yours, but in the eyes of the law.

Based on Viper22's other posts on here it's pretty obvious that he's not acting like NET's Ted, but he knows that ignorant/careless dealers can cause major problems for customers who don't have MGL 140-131m memorized like some of us here.

Yep they are all gone now. My buddie called early this afternoon and they were all gone. I think he had 10 of them, don't know what the price was like. Thats why I hate going into out of state stores and seeing brand new Glocks for $479 take your pick they are all the same price. When we are getting hosed on 10 to 12 year old guns for twice as much as they are brand new [rolleyes]. This is why I will never own one. If I am going to spend $700 to $900 on a used gun, I would rather buy a new Sig.

I paid $450 for my glock 22 factory refurbed with 3 high caps from a dealer here in mass that I won't bother mentioning because I am tired of all the FS brown nosers making stuff up about him. I will continue to pay a fair/low price on all my guns.[thinking]

I'm calling the AG and I'm reporting everyone in this thread becuase I suspect you are all guilty of breaking the high capacity law.

Don't you guys understand how important this law is? Don't you realise that there is zero confusion with the LTC "high capacity" license and the fact that you cant own post 94' high cap mags in MA?

How many people are saved everyday becuase of this law? COUNTLESS PEOPLE.

Have fun in jail, boys.

Any particular reason why you felt compelled not to mention Detroit in your post? It's common knowledge that never issued Detroit PD Glock 22's are on the market.

I got the FS email about them...If I didn't A) live in a free state now, and B) have a 2nd Gen G22 that I'm trying to sell; I might have made a trip up there! I'm confused about leaving out the Detroit part too.

He left the Detroit part out because NES does not need to be hassled by this guy. He is the reason the glocks were never issued. Everytime he tried to squeeze the trigger the Glock would explode.

robocop old detroit.jpg

I left it out because it was a no-brainer you all get a gold star for intelligence. It amazes me how many of you were at the gun shop that you think I bought it at and no everything about the gun i put a deposit on. Go on to something else will you I have not broken any laws. I will check out the so called post ban magazines this week. if there not legal i will get the gun that is, and get some ten rounders. Derek feel free to delete this thread I have had enough of the bull from every self proclaimed expert

You mean someone has,or is selling,post ban high caps in MA ? If it was me,I would report them to the AG,for everyones safety.By not saying anything,you are actually condoning this illicit behavior.
Sounds to me like he's helpfully warning folks that they might unknowingly commit a felony by shopping there, lest some LTC bearing newbie get into hot water for a crime they didn't know existed.
That's why he should have called the AG right then and there.
I agree with you that the law's 100% stupid, I could care less what the birthday is on someone's mags, but in Mass. that is a serious crime in the eyes of the law. Not in my eyes, not in yours, but in the eyes of the law. Based on Viper22's other posts on here it's pretty obvious that he's not acting like NET's Ted, but he knows that ignorant/careless dealers can cause major problems for customers who don't have MGL 140-131m memorized like some of us here.

Alright....Here we go: I am NOT going to report the dealer to the AG. He isn't as clear on generations of Glock mags as some of us on NES are. I have found on more than one instance that it is the distributor that is shipping these post ban hi-caps into Mass. As GSG posted earlier, some dealers are either ignorant or careless. I'm just trying to help other NES'ers cover their asses. Now, I realize that if you have hi-cap Glock mags with the cutout the chances of anything coming of it are slim to none. With that said, you can bet your life that I will never take that chance. It just isn't worth it. I'm just trying to help the OP. If he chooses to listen to my advice, great...If not, then oh-well...no skin off my back.

Greg: With all due respect, stop being a dink. I realize that post-ban hi capacity Glock magazines are bought and sold every day in Mass. I don't plan on reporting the dealer to the AG. I'm not going to rat out someone on my own team. The purpose of my posts were to help the OP understand that he has to be careful when purchasing LNIB or factory refurbished Glocks in MA, since the distributors will ship guns with post-ban hi-caps into MA.

Paracarry: Here's the link to the Glock mag sticky - http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4944 Read through the whole thread. You'll get a good understanding of the different generations of Glock magazines. Also, towards the end of the thread are the pictures and descriptions of the newest generation mags with the ambi cutout. I hope this has helped, even a little. If the gun you're interested in does infact have the ambi-cutout mags, you can ask to switch them with older mags, or even the 10 round mags. It just depends on how much you want to cover your ass in the chance of something happening.

Last edited:
Thank you viper for your help and a few others that pm'd me for info on this topic I will be the first to tell you I am very knowledgeable on most handguns ,shooting and collecting them for over 30 years maybe longer than some of you have been breathing air. On the other hand I will also admit I know Jack S___ about Glocks. OH there I go leaving out part of a word again, what kind of flack will i get for that one. Hey it's been fun guys. I'll check the mags out at the gun shop this week and if i can't legally own them i will let the dealer know so he won't get in hot water. That's the way I am .

I think this is my very first NES pissing match!!! Sweet!!!

Whoever neg repped me "no one cares", and didn't sign their name...Nice. Way to go.

internet-serious-business-cat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom