From GOAL: LTC/FID Application Status Check

Just got off the phone with the FRB with a smile for once. As of 2/13 (Day 55) my application was approved. I'm hoping the printing and activation doesn't take more than another week.

I had interview and application put into computer while I was there 2/1, They cashed my check 2/11. Wonder how much longer.

Called today, day 49 since interview, 56 since submitted application. Was told that FRB activated the license on 2/12, going to check my mail for the license today.

The waiting sucks...this time last year I was making the daily walk out to the box of disappointment.

According to FRB the final approvl was received on 1/28/2013 for my husband's renewal. They have not received it and it has been 3 weeks since FRB said it was approved. My local PD advised me they have 100 apps on the desk waiting for the licenses to come in and at least half are completely finished from their end. She advised me to apply 6 minths before my renewal is due. [rolleyes]

Can we get some traction with FRB? We do pay $100 to exercise our right. You would think they could adequately staff and supply the FRB to get these things out!

- - - Updated - - -

Just got off the phone with the FRB with a smile for once. As of 2/13 (Day 55) my application was approved. I'm hoping the printing and activation doesn't take more than another week.

HA! Good luck with that. My husband's was 'approved'more than 3 weeks ago.

A

Can we get some traction with FRB? We do pay $100 to exercise our right. You would think they could adequately staff and supply the FRB to get these things out!

I'm not sure the FRB is the issue, given that we have seen a few posting recently of people getting their LTC in 3 weeks from application to arrival in hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Just as an FYI, it is my understanding that the cashing of your check is totally irrelevant here. Do not use this as a barometer as to how far along your application is in the process.

I agree, my local PD told me they only cash checks once a month, regardless of where you are in the process.

Just called, my app was approved on the 17th (6 weeks). Just waiting to be released. Not worrying, still have 8 months left on my current license.

Just picked up my renewed LTC-A, no restrictions.

I started the renewal process on Dec 20th.

James

Andover, MA
Me: Interview and prints January 28th. Still pending background checks
Wife : interview and prints January 23rd. Sent to FRB last week.

Depending how you want to count it I'm at 4.5 months or 15.5 months. Been told everything from "finger print labs are overloaded" to "just waiting on the state to finish your background check." As of today, the FRB says it's in my local PD's hands, I'll be calling my LO in the morning to get their latest update.

This is so incredibly stressful.

So I think that this number we are calling for the status of our LTC's is full of shit and so is the local police department.
My wife went in 2/19/13 to talk to the licensing officer and he took her prints and check.
He told her she was all set with background checks and such since they already did all
the checks for her FID card a month earlier.

So he basically said he was clicking approve and for her to wait 3 to 4 weeks more.
For shits and giggles she called the status line to check the status of the application that same day,
and the man on the other end said that it looks like it has been approved through the local PD and to give them
about 2 weeks to finalize and send the license.

Well being impatient my wife decided to call a week later to check again and guess what...
They are now claiming that the application is pending review at the local PD and the last activity
was 2/19/13.

If you ask me, they both are playing games.

We are both waiting for our LTC's and have decided that we will stop calling and just wait. The system
makes no sense.

Ok so today is day 0 for me I submitted my application with money order as requested by the town and had prints and pics taken
i also gave the licensing officer a copy of a CORI I had just got in the mail 3 days ago, I had it run to make sure I had the correct date for a misdemeanor I was charged with back in 1993 which was CWOF and dismissed

Ok so today is day 0 for me I submitted my application with money order as requested by the town and had prints and pics taken
i also gave the licensing officer a copy of a CORI I had just got in the mail 3 days ago, I had it run to make sure I had the correct date for a misdemeanor I was charged with back in 1993 which was CWOF and dismissed

Best of luck!

So I think that this number we are calling for the status of our LTC's is full of shit and so is the local police department.
My wife went in 2/19/13 to talk to the licensing officer and he took her prints and check.
He told her she was all set with background checks and such since they already did all
the checks for her FID card a month earlier.

So he basically said he was clicking approve and for her to wait 3 to 4 weeks more.
For shits and giggles she called the status line to check the status of the application that same day,
and the man on the other end said that it looks like it has been approved through the local PD and to give them
about 2 weeks to finalize and send the license.

Well being impatient my wife decided to call a week later to check again and guess what...
They are now claiming that the application is pending review at the local PD and the last activity
was 2/19/13.

If you ask me, they both are playing games.

We are both waiting for our LTC's and have decided that we will stop calling and just wait. The system
makes no sense.

Yep. Mine has been 'pending' at the local PD for like 6 weeks now, and I applied in December. Not sure what else I can do though...Call a State rep and piss of the PD? Not sure, have heard mixed success on this strategy.

Yep. Mine has been 'pending' at the local PD for like 6 weeks now, and I applied in December. Not sure what else I can do though...Call a State rep and piss of the PD? Not sure, have heard mixed success on this strategy.

Same here, im 12 weeks in and decided to stop calling and just wait. Ive called the FRB and PD multiple times with BS answers

I called the licensing officer on day 54 and asked if there was a problem with my app since the FRB said it was still pending with the PD. Told him I knew things were busy, but I should've had an answer within 40 days. He said he'd check it out. I called the FRB a week later and I had been approved the day after I spoke to the officer. Could've been a coincidence, but I'd like to think that asking nicely got the ball moving again.

Same here, im 12 weeks in and decided to stop calling and just wait. Ive called the FRB and PD multiple times with BS answers

I definitely agree with just waiting now. It sucks, but calling over and over again isn't going to change things. If anything it could very well go against you.

*Sigh*

I definitely agree with just waiting now. It sucks, but calling over and over again isn't going to change things. If anything it could very well go against you.

*Sigh*

Yeah, not sure what to do. I am seriously considering contacting my state rep since people who have applied in other towns, and after me, have received their licenses already. That is just not right.

I may give them another week or so - we can't deny the system is no doubt overloaded right now with apps, but as we have seen from others, this doesn't seem to be an issue for some towns making the 40 day requirement or at least close to that.

Ok, so Ive read through all these posts but nobody has seemed to give an answer so let me try to be of some help. Here is how the process is supposed to go:
-Go in to drop off app, do interview, take pics and prints, collect $.
-PD does Criminal check via MIRCS
-PD then submits for DMH and AFIS checks. DMH are emailed and at most take 3 days to get back. AFIS if renewal can be emailed, if new hard copy of prints needs to be snail mailed to Sudbury.
-When DMH results come back, LO goes back into app and checks that off
-When AFIS comes back they do the same. HERE is the problem.....this can take anywhere from 2 weeks (fastest i have seen) to 6 weeks, last batch I just processed.
-Once those checks are complete it gets sent to FRB for approval then card printing.
-2 to 3 weeks later we get the license in hand, activate it and call to be picked up (or some mail out)
When they tell you it is "In review" that means that the app is in the computer but needs to still have the DMH and AFIS checks completed before it can be forwarded to FRB. I know there are some cities and towns that play games, but I do not. We are a small PD with typically one guy working the road and we still make time for these and got extra coverage for LTC days which we only do on Fridays. I have seen it take a very long time for the "State" to send back AFIS results, so much so that I constantly email them because I get some back that were submitted before ones I previously (by weeks) submitted. So I can say first hand that the only delays on my end are from the State. I hope this clarifys some things for people and if you have any other questions that I may not have answered feel free to PM me.

Time Line town of Arlington

11/09/2012: Submitted application
11/16/2012: Called and received interview date of 1/03/13
1/03/2013: Interview & prints
2/19/2013: License printed and issued
2/25/2013: Received call from PD and picked up LTC-A, restrictions: None

53 Days from interview to pick up call.

Ok, so Ive read through all these posts but nobody has seemed to give an answer so let me try to be of some help. Here is how the process is supposed to go:
-Go in to drop off app, do interview, take pics and prints, collect $.
-PD does Criminal check via MIRCS
-PD then submits for DMH and AFIS checks. DMH are emailed and at most take 3 days to get back. AFIS if renewal can be emailed, if new hard copy of prints needs to be snail mailed to Sudbury.
-When DMH results come back, LO goes back into app and checks that off
-When AFIS comes back they do the same. HERE is the problem.....this can take anywhere from 2 weeks (fastest i have seen) to 6 weeks, last batch I just processed.
-Once those checks are complete it gets sent to FRB for approval then card printing.
-2 to 3 weeks later we get the license in hand, activate it and call to be picked up (or some mail out)
When they tell you it is "In review" that means that the app is in the computer but needs to still have the DMH and AFIS checks completed before it can be forwarded to FRB. I know there are some cities and towns that play games, but I do not. We are a small PD with typically one guy working the road and we still make time for these and got extra coverage for LTC days which we only do on Fridays. I have seen it take a very long time for the "State" to send back AFIS results, so much so that I constantly email them because I get some back that were submitted before ones I previously (by weeks) submitted. So I can say first hand that the only delays on my end are from the State. I hope this clarifys some things for people and if you have any other questions that I may not have answered feel free to PM me.

Great rundown, thank you for putting a lot of us at ease. This is one of the better explanations I have seen recently.

Back
Top Bottom