From GOAL: LTC/FID Application Status Check

Took about 2 weeks to get the review done by the state. Mine went to the state on January 17th. Was told it was activated on the 30th. Unfortunately still hasn't been sent out to my local PD yet. Hope that helps.

Yeah, see...that's exactly what I was afraid of. The FRB had my application a day before they received yours and I still have not been activated. Not good.

Yeah, see...that's exactly what I was afraid of. The FRB had my application a day before they received yours and I still have not been activated. Not good.

When you call again, ask to speak to a supervisor. For some reason, one of the times I called I got transferred to one. Made me nervous but then she looked up my file and said she didn't know why i got sent to her as there was nothing that would throw a flag. I found all of the folks at the office there very nice. Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

When you call again, ask to speak to a supervisor. For some reason, one of the times I called I got transferred to one. Made me nervous but then she looked up my file and said she didn't know why i got sent to her as there was nothing that would throw a flag. I found all of the folks at the office there very nice. Good luck.

just called and my renewal has been processed and sent to the issuing PD. (it took 4 1/2 months) Now it's "up to them" to deliver it to me. Here's to hoping it is soon.

I called again yesterday. They said it was activated by the Chelsea office and now is awaiting to be printed. I was again told another 2 weeks. So far.....
I called on Jan 10th, they said 2 weeks...
I called on Jan 23rd, they said 2 weeks...
I called on Feb 5th, they said 2 weeks.

Mind you, this was already approved on Jan 9th.

Still waiting...... [sad2]

Would this number g=be good to call to see if an upgraded license was printed ? Have been waiting for 2 months just to get a license reprinted with "no restrictions" on it instead of sport & target

Would this number g=be good to call to see if an upgraded license was printed ? Have been waiting for 2 months just to get a license reprinted with "no restrictions" on it instead of sport & target

when you call and talk to the woman on the phone. you can ask, and they can look under the 'Restriction Comments' field from the Local PD. That is where your restrictions will be, if any.

I got the call to go in for my interview today. It is scheduled for March 6. 44 days from dropping off the application

Just called a minute ago, still pending review from the LO.. 53 days in from interview. Dont wanna bug the LO anymore ive called him a few times already. This sucks! [angry]

FRB recieved the application on Jan. 22. Said it would took 2 week. Called 2 week later on Feb. 4 - was told it would took 2 week. When I said that 2 week was that day - was told "will be activated soon".

Don't get too down. FRB received my application on 1/18 and I was told two more weeks when I called for an update on 1/31. Called for an update this afternoon and was told the license had been activated and mailed to the PD on 2/5.

Called Easton PD LO on Thursday January 17th and was told to come by the following night. Photo'd and fingerprinted and he put it all in the computer right then. Watched him enter the info and he put ALP. Check cashed two weeks later, tomorrow is three weeks. He said 4-6 so I'm gonna wait another week and then call the number to check. Can't wait to shop, I've got some decent coin saved up!

Last edited:
Wow, I thought it was going to be forever but after many weeks. Finally got my LTC renewal. BTW, you get a new PIN number.

10/22/12 - Check cashed by local PD
11/19/12 - Local PD Interview
2/8/13 - LTC Renewal delivered

Went to the police department, they insisted it was being held up "in Boston." DCJIS says it is pending review at the local police department...I really don't want to piss off the local department, but I also want this to be mailed in already because it's been 55 days since my interview.

Keep the faith. It seems as if Boston isn't the problem. It really your local PD. Stay on them. 3 weeks almost to the day in Westfield. Class A no restrictions.

Applied/Fingerprinted 1/14
Went to State 1/17
Activated 1/29
In hand 2/7

Just called and talked to Chris, he was very polite and helpful, said it has been printed and sent to the PD this week. ( I applied 1/2/13 )

Now we'll see how long the local PD sits on it.

Still haven't heard from the PD, and my check hasn't been cashed yet.

Still haven't heard from the PD, and my check hasn't been cashed yet.

Called the PD today and they said they are waiting for it to arrive. I assume this means they only check their mail once a month or so, because I can't see it taking more than 2 days to get there after being shipped on about 2/1.

These things actually get printed at the state right? Then shipped to your PD who let's you know they are in for pickup or they mail them to you right?

My husband was told by someone on the phone at FRB that his was approved on 1/28 and he should have it in 2 weeks. But it aint here yet.

The way I undertstand the "FRB language" is as follows:
approved - usually means that your local PD sent it to them (FRB) for activation. After that they usually say 'it will take two weeks' even if it was with them more than 2 weeks already.
activated (also might be approved) - means FRB reviewed and activated. After that they say 'it will be printed and sent to you local PD shortly'.

I guess some PDs run the process concurently, meaning they submit the applications to the State Police and FRB at the same time. That way it is lot quicker, but the chief must be pretty sure that the SP would not return some denial. The risk is small for the chief though, he still can revoke it at any time, just some extra work for him.

Still, I do NOT have any internal knowlege about how it really works. Just guessing from this forum posts and personal experience. 64 days and countinng...

called Yesterday, same info, FRB has "activated" licensce, will put it in the mail on next batch. could take upto two weeks, then local pd "mails" it to me (why? i am right around the corner?" ) 9 weeks today. Frb personel have actually been very pleasent, and cooporative. I am suree veryone is calling. Just can't understand 9 weeks? todays technology can track anything in mins if they wanted to. just ridiculeous waiting period.

Last edited:
mine did not get to frb til 7 weeks!!!!!! once the local pd recieves all background checks they "CLICK OK" to frb, then they verify that all checks are done, activate it, print it and send it back to local pd.

Back
Top Bottom