From GOAL: LTC/FID Application Status Check

Just got the call from Bourne PD that my renewal is ready to be picked up. Interview was Feb. 20, so 59 business days. Not too bad considering in the mid 80s I had an Administrative Revocation for failure to report an address change in the required time frame. LTC class A all lawfull purpose.

That's a little fuzzy, because she had to reschedule. Actually when she called to reschedule they offered to see her that day but it didn't work out for her. In the end I'd say it was similar to me, they scheduled the appointment two weeks out from when she called. They had her drop the paperwork off ahead of time so I think she was in the station for all of 10 minutes getting printed and photographed.

Meanwhile, my poor dad submitted his in Rehoboth the same day that I did (Feb 26th) and he's still waiting...

Reposting on this thread hoping for some insight...We applied together 2/20 in our GREEN town of Mashpee and I received my LTC-ALP on 5/6, 75 days later. Joe's somehow got separated and was supposed to be in our LO's mail this past Monday 5/13 because it was listed on the enclosed memo but get this.....there was a 'HOLE' in the envelope from the FRB, it had to be repackaged by the Postmaster, and his is mysteriously missing. Supposedly one other is as well. We are waiting another week to see if it somehow shows up, otherwise our LO will need to declare it 'lost'. Has anyone had to do this and if so how long does it take to reissue??

And out of curiousity, are LEO's encountering these delays when applying/renewing their licenses? Or is this bureaucracy strictly for citizens to swallow?

Anyone have any recent wait times for Boston? Cops at Moon Island told me 10-12 weeks but then I was told by 3 people in less than a week who have their LTC that from Moon Island test to receiving LTC was about 4 weeks!!!! More specifically one said 4 weeks exactly, another said 4ish, then today a co worker asked me if I got mine yet, and when I told him I only passed the test 3 weeks ago he was like, "oh then you should get it soon its usually 4-6 week". This is new to me anyone heard of faster process in Boston recently?

Same here activated, printed and mailed on April 22nd and the Abington Police still don't have it
instead of going straight to work tomorrow morning I'm going to drive to Chelsea and mail a self address letter and see how long it takes to get to me

Don't waste your time or money. You know you will receive the self addressed letter in 3 days or less. No need to prove to yourself what you already know. My guess is either they lost your LTC or its sitting in some pile of papers at the PD.

Have you tried following up with your PD?

I called recently and first received voice mail and then called back later and the lady on the phone was very professional and courteous.

I called recently and first received voice mail and then called back later and the lady on the phone was very professional and courteous.

Always pleasant when I've called. Status has been in "card to be printed" for the last 3 1/2 weeks. Is there a place I can drive too in order to hit print button?

Last edited:
Aug 15 applied at Yarmouth station

Aug 26th Fingerprinted

Approx Oct 15 it was activated.

Oct 21 Arrived at police station ready for pick up.

I feel like I was one of the lucky ones ..it only took about 2 months..went pretty smooth considering how long some folks have had to wait. This was nothing. I think the only reason it took this long is because they send out in bulk. They were great at the station.

Back
Top Bottom