From GOAL: LTC/FID Application Status Check

From Jim Wallace/GOAL Facebook Page:

FIREARM APPLICATION STATUS INFO

You can now retrieve the status of the firearms license application you’ve submitted to your local police department through the DCJIS by calling (617) 660-4722 during the normal business hours of Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

The following information is required:
• Name
• Date of birth
• Active LTC, FID card, or machine gun license number
• Driver’s license number (for identity verification)

Questions other than license status should be directed to the FRB at (617) 660-4782.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Jim-Wallace-Executive-Director-of-GOAL/196332417077929

Last edited:
The first number listed does not work. Says the mailbox is full. Nobody answers the second number from the FRB.
The first number worked for me previously. My guess is they are closed for MLK day. I would also assume people leave messages with their info hoping someone will call back with the status of their application, which of course no one will… lol.

Thanks for the heads up Rev. My girlfriend is waiting for hers and my father just dropped the application off. I know some people waiting on renewals too. Ill be sure to spread this around.

I called last Friday for the status of my renewal. I spoke with a polite gentleman and it took about 3 minutes to find out the local PD still had not progressed through their part of the renewal.

James

This does nothing to fix the problem. It just confirms what we already knew...some police departments are dicking people around and blaming the state for the delay. Nothing more than two brothers pointing at each other saying the other did it.

Called the number today spoke to a polite woman. She told me my license hasnt been processed through my PD yet. Had interview about 5 weeks ago.. Called PD and left message with the licensing officer waitin for response. [frown]

Just called and spoke to the same nice woman. I went in Tuesday night for my prints and pictures at my local PD and my application is now with the state being reviewed and background checked. No meeting with chief, no hassle, so far two big thumbs up.

This does nothing to fix the problem. It just confirms what we already knew...some police departments are dicking people around and blaming the state for the delay. Nothing more than two brothers pointing at each other saying the other did it.

Correct but, The Towns were constantly blaming the state and the state was blaming the town. When residents call the local PD back and say " I know you told me the state is holding this up but according to them you still have it..." They will realize that they need to do their jobs (like some towns do).

Correct but, The Towns were constantly blaming the state and the state was blaming the town. When residents call the local PD back and say " I know you told me the state is holding this up but according to them you still have it..." They will realize that they need to do their jobs (like some towns do).

This!

Called the number today spoke to a polite woman. She told me my license hasnt been processed through my PD yet. Had interview about 5 weeks ago.. Called PD and left message with the licensing officer waitin for response. [frown]
Same exact scenario for me. I just called and found out my local PD is just sitting on it. Five weeks of sitting on a desk (or under a desk) is just ridiculous! I'll call the LO today and I'm sure that will lead to weeks of phone tag joy.

Same exact scenario for me. I just called and found out my local PD is just sitting on it. Five weeks of sitting on a desk (or under a desk) is just ridiculous! I'll call the LO today and I'm sure that will lead to weeks of phone tag joy.

This is what everyone is going to find. Don't be shy now.

Just called, also nice woman on phone, same story being reviewed by local pd. six weeks friday, local lo changed during process. I interviewed with first lo, he's retiring new lo taking over. Should i call local pd? Help?

Just called, also nice woman on phone, same story being reviewed by local pd. six weeks friday, local lo changed during process. I interviewed with first lo, he's retiring new lo taking over. Should i call local pd? Help?

hmm i sense a pattern hear. It doesnt hurt to call your LO, doesnt mean youll get a good answer.

Just called. Very polite and quick. Phone call lasted 2min. 47 sec. License was activated the 16th she said it could take 2 more weeks with my local police department. I did my prints and interview on 11/29/12. This is for renewal in Leominster.

LO just called me back said my app is being sent to the state with the bext batch of licenses. Whatever that means. Well see what happens but it doesnt hurt to call and ask what the hold up is.

Similar experience here last Friday. Took 2 minutes. Gave the nice young lady my info and she told me they haven't received it and it was still pending at my local PD.

Hmmm...I'm confused.

I just called and they told me that, as of the 16th, my application was still pending review by the licensing officer at the local PD.

When I went in for photo and prints on the 15th, the local PD told me that my LTC would be issuing with "no restrictions."

So...how could they have determined that I will have "no restrictions" if I'm still pending review?

Hmmm...I'm confused.

I just called and they told me that, as of the 16th, my application was still pending review by the licensing officer at the local PD.

When I went in for photo and prints on the 15th, the local PD told me that my LTC would be issuing with "no restrictions."

So...how could they have determined that I will have "no restrictions" if I'm still pending review?

sounds to me that they have not sent it in yet but when they do they will mark you for no restrictions

Its definitely the town you live in thats holding it up. When i went to get my ltc i had a meeting got my finger prints picture. She handed me a typed copy of form signed And it was sent. Two weeks later i got it back denied do to a bad thumb print. It went back out... Two weeks later I had my LTC... From my 2 experiences they worked at a quick pace. So it only took me 4 weeks even with getting it back for a bad print.

Back
Top Bottom