From GOAL: LTC/FID Application Status Check

Just told my wife about it, She called and 2 minutes later she called me back to tell me she was "approved" and her license was mailed out on the 16th. She wants to go gun shopping now.

I dropped mine off a week ago and called today. You can call whenever you want.

i dont have the paperwork with me at work but i was a first time applicant it says you need and active ltc of fid card to check do they really need that?

Last edited:
My wife is on day 59 today. She called and was told her License was issued and mailed on 1/17/13. I can almost guarantee she won't be able to pick it up until she hits 90 days.

Update... wife drove to PD to pick up permit, and was told it could still be several weeks because it now needs to be approved by them and they are very busy??? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot???? It took her 4 months to submit her application and seven weeks waiting for the State now "several" weeks for the town??

Used it 10 minutes ago.....2 mins. Erin told me my license was approved as of the 14th, local pd should get it within 2 weeks. She said they have to do something to activate it and then mail it to me.
Pretty psyched right now!!!!
Working on 9 months here .......just sayin
first time applicant

just called spoke to a person there he was very helpful i was approved and license was mailed to may local Pd sometime last week now will have to wait and see when they call me to come pick it up he mentioned that they were getting slammed with requests

Last edited:
so this brings up a question, if i now know that the local PD has had it for a few weeks, even though in a phone call two days ago, i was told it wasn't back from the state (12 weeks from app), how can i prove that i know he has it and speed up the process without pissing him off and making him hold out longer on me? my current license is almost up so im gonna have a few paperweights for the the ole gun locker for the time being

Called the number today spoke to a polite woman. She told me my license hasnt been processed through my PD yet. Had interview about 5 weeks ago.. Called PD and left message with the licensing officer waitin for response. [frown]

I just called i got the exact same answer. I interviewed for my renewal 4 weeks ago.....wtf.

Surprisingly, I got someone right away. I think her name was Erica. She said it would be about 2 more weeks for printing of the license and sending to my local PD.

I hope to god this is true!! I've been waiting for a long long time. I will get to everyone on when I actually see it in hand. Fingers crossed.....

I called the PD today before i saw this post as its been 4 months since i applied for the renewal. My License doesnt expire for a while and i renewed it early. A year early. Didnt want to risk it with all the "back log" of applications.

Was told today by the PD that the renewal had been approved we were just waiting for it to be sent to the PD. Called the number provided and i was approved on the 15th. I was told it takes about two weeks for them to ship out after approval so in theory, i should have the renewal in two weeks. We shall see. On a related note, the lady i spoke with was very pleasant.

I'm a new applicant.

I dropped off application, MFS certificate, check, took picture, index fingerprint, and watched it all get entererd into their designated computer on 12.27.12

I got a phone call on 01.10.13 to come back to the station and do the 10 print set of my fingerprints, I did that on 01.12.13

I called the FRB# on 01.22.13
Nice lady who answered said my application is still being processed and is still waiting on some background checks...

Finally cashed my check on 01.25.13

I called the FRB# again on 02.13.13 - This time I was told they haven't recieved my application from the local police department yet and that they will get it after it is done being reviewed. Now I see that is what she meant the first time I called...

Tomorrow will be 7 weeks since I dropped off the application, and an extremely long 7 weeks...

Last edited:
Surprisingly, I got someone right away. I think her name was Erica. She said it would be about 2 more weeks for printing of the license and sending to my local PD.

I hope to god this is true!! I've been waiting for a long long time. I will get to everyone on when I actually see it in hand. Fingers crossed.....

Had the same experience today! She said they got my app on January 17 from my Chief. Told me two weeks. Hope that's not the standard answer lol!

This is what I got from my husband today.

The Westford PD is still waiting for a letter from the State, for my background check.
Then they can send it to the next office to issue the license and make the id card.
The lady at that office said that it is just a one day turn around at that point.

Fortunately, my LTC is valid for 90 days beyond the expiration date.

Back
Top Bottom