From GOAL: LTC/FID Application Status Check

Once again reviving this thread with an application question. Applications are languishing in the abyss of 'FRB review'. What exactly is their role and authority in the review process? Joe's application has been 'under review' with them for 3 weeks. Anyone have a similar experience? We're 70 days in already.

Once again reviving this thread with an application question. Applications are languishing in the abyss of 'FRB review'. What exactly is their role and authority in the review process? Joe's application has been 'under review' with them for 3 weeks. Anyone have a similar experience? We're 70 days in already.

FRB review or Local PD review?
From what I have heard and have seen, once FRB has it they usually get it back to the local PD in 2-3 weeks.
I would confirm where the application has been pending review for 3 weeks.
Most likely at your local PD.

FRB review or Local PD review?
From what I have heard and have seen, once FRB has it they usually get it back to the local PD in 2-3 weeks.
I would confirm where the application has been pending review for 3 weeks.
Most likely at your local PD.

Suck an egg dude!

Talked with the DCJIS today and the girl said the license was printed and awaiting final review before being mailed out to my local PD. Said it should get there by Monday. At this point could there be anything else that comes up that would jeopardize receiving this or am I in the clear? I'm ten weeks out on a new app..

If it's already been printed it should be just waiting to be mailed. Are you certain they didn't say that in the opposite way, that you were just waiting for final review and printing and mailing?

It's 2-3 weeks from the time your local PD gives the final go ahead to the time the license is in the hands of your local PD in just about every case (except one) that I have seen on here.

Are we that 1 case? Lol. Have been repeatedly told conflicting info from DCJIS. They now say both our licenses have been approved and printed but have yet to come to our LO's desk. I don't know how many need to pile up per town before they are batched up and sent out but we've been in approved limbo now for a few weeks. Our LO claims she has 95 permits sitting up there and is unhappy about it.

I think the DCJIS has been straight up with me and I might be considered a pia. They told me for weeks and weeks that it was still at the local level. They told me the date it had been approved and today they told me it had been mailed back to my local PD on 5/1/13. LE probably got it today so maybe I will get a call next week to fetch it up. (Good Lord Willing).
I guess I don't know for sure but I think my wait was do to the local power broker. Geez I hope the phone rings

Could some one with knowledge of the different statuses in MIRCS chime in with an explanation of what is happening while the app is in "rending review" status with the local PD? I'm now in week 8 with Medford PD. App, prints, and photo were all done during walk-in appointment. According to FRB, my application spent 3 weeks in "draft" status, then 2 weeks in "revision" status, and most recently 2 weeks and counting in "pending review" status with the local PD. I did not answer yes on question 10.

Am I getting close, or how much longer before I have my attorney send them a polite request to get it wrapped up?

Could some one with knowledge of the different statuses in MIRCS chime in with an explanation of what is happening while the app is in "rending review" status with the local PD? I'm now in week 8 with Medford PD. App, prints, and photo were all done during walk-in appointment. According to FRB, my application spent 3 weeks in "draft" status, then 2 weeks in "revision" status, and most recently 2 weeks and counting in "pending review" status with the local PD. I did not answer yes on question 10.

Am I getting close, or how much longer before I have my attorney send them a polite request to get it wrapped up?

Really impossible to tell what the PD did during all those weeks while you were in Draft and then Revision states. Did they make requests of the different agencies? Did they mail in your prints? The best indication would be how others are fairing in the city. It's probably just a waiting game for you at this point.

If you do want to use a lawyer, you have between day 41 and 131 (give or take a day depending on how they do the math) to actually seek judicial intervention, so you'd probably wanna contact your attorney well before the 131st day to give him/her time to talk to the PD and/or prepare a filing.

IANAL - all of this is just my understanding of the rules, process and laws.

Really impossible to tell what the PD did during all those weeks while you were in Draft and then Revision states. Did they make requests of the different agencies? Did they mail in your prints? The best indication would be how others are fairing in the city. It's probably just a waiting game for you at this point.

If you do want to use a lawyer, you have between day 41 and 131 (give or take a day depending on how they do the math) to actually seek judicial intervention, so you'd probably wanna contact your attorney well before the 131st day to give him/her time to talk to the PD and/or prepare a filing.

IANAL - all of this is just my understanding of the rules, process and laws.

Thanks Quiet.

I've heard some horror stories of some people hear waiting 10 months or more in Medford, so I've been trying to stay on top of the process. I've called the Licensing Officer a couple of times (of course never answered) and left messages with no call back.

I went into the process with an attorney so I was already aware of the time limit for seeking judicial review. I was wondering if anyone has experienced any positive results from having their lawyer give the PD a gentle nudge without actually going to court.

This process has become so derailed. Is it going to take someone being robbed or attacked while awaiting their license for things to change? I hope that these GOAL surveys are a precursor to something class-action. We're onboard if it is.

This process has become so derailed. Is it going to take someone being robbed or attacked while awaiting their license for things to change? I hope that these GOAL surveys are a precursor to something class-action. We're onboard if it is.

That won't change anything. If you were robbed and had a gun license you may actually have been able to purchase a gun and use it to deter the poor thief who was just trying to turn his life around.

GOAL won't be helping either.

The process is what it is until the politicians and the local pd's get on board. In order for that to happen you can imagine how many people need replacing.

DCJIS told me my license was activated and mailed April 17. Boston PD says they still have not received it.
I find it odd. Mine was mailed out on Apil 24th. It should only take a few days at absolute most to get to another part of the state. My PD still doesnt have it either...... I dont understand it.

Same here activated, printed and mailed on April 22nd and the Abington Police still don't have it
instead of going straight to work tomorrow morning I'm going to drive to Chelsea and mail a self address letter and see how long it takes to get to me

Last edited:
Same here activated, printed and mailed on April 22nd and the Abington Police still don't have it
instead of going straight to work tomorrow morning I'm going to drive to Chelsea and mail a self address letter and see how long it takes to get to me
I talked with a lady I always deal with at the post office. She said it should not take more then 2, 3 days at absolute most to get something from Chelsea. So I have NO idea wtf is going on here.

If it's already been printed it should be just waiting to be mailed. Are you certain they didn't say that in the opposite way, that you were just waiting for final review and printing and mailing?

Definitely got the "it was printed" part but iffy on the final review. At this point I probably just made it up in my head. I figure it's safe at this point but wanted to check out my self induced rumor in case there was anything to it. [smile]

The final review comes before printing/mailing. From following this thread and the other one, there seems to be an issue going on with the licenses not being mailed.

The final review comes before printing/mailing. From following this thread and the other one, there seems to be an issue going on with the licenses not being mailed.

I have been pending activation at the FRB since 4/24. Apparently this is the part of the process that they make sure all the proper checks were done, and then print the license and mail it.

Sevy got lucky that your approval and printing was done all at once.

Just got the call that one of our licenses is in, picked it up and it has 4/18/13 as date of issue. Had a lengthy conversation with LO who was very open about how pissed she is that the DCJIS is making it out to citizens that she is the one holding things up. I'm inclined to believe her. So in my case it was 19 days from when the DCJIS told me it was activated and 'pending printing' to when it arrived at PD. Other license has an activation date of 4/20 so hopefully will be seeing that in a few days...

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with FRB and Boston PD. FRB says my license was definately mailed to BPD on 4/17. BPD has told me that it is not in. I think I am being jacked around by BPD. Is there anything I can do at this point? Can BPD hold my license indefinately?

Just got off the phone with FRB and Boston PD. FRB says my license was definately mailed to BPD on 4/17. BPD has told me that it is not in. I think I am being jacked around by BPD. Is there anything I can do at this point? Can BPD hold my license indefinately?

Did you definetly speak to FRB and not DCJIS? We are trying to track down one of our licenses as well and we have learned its all semantics. If it was "issued" to you on 4/17 it will be printed within a week, and generally mailed within another week. Just spoke to DCJIS this morning and was told that each applicant is assigned a caseworker, and if yours happens to be out or on a Jamaican vacation you're just SOL until they return. But if it were actually printed on 4/17 then it sounds like the BPD is sitting on it.

Back
Top Bottom