• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dash Cam: Canton, OH PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk

Let me ask this question, the guy in the video is obviously trying to pick up a prostitute. If that behavior was going on in your neighborhood would you really care if your local cops acted like the cop in the video when confronting a John?

Yes, I would care. Anyone that thinks that this is acceptable behavior concerns me. He tells a man who has not been convicted of any crime that he would murder him and hide behind the badge to do it, with no remorse. If you don't take issue with that type of behavior from a civil servant, I guess nothing I can say will change your mind.

Let me ask this question, the guy in the video is obviously trying to pick up a prostitute. If that behavior was going on in your neighborhood would you really care if your local cops acted like the cop in the video when confronting a John?

What that gentleman does on his spare time is none of my concern. If he wants to pick up a hooker, good for him. It should be legal anyways. I can think of far worse behaviors that could take place in my neighborhood that would upset me. A guy wanting his pickle tickled is not one of them.
And whether prostitution is illegal or not, nothing that man did warranted the treatment he received. Nothing.

Maybe he was trying to stop that activity from going on in his town and wanted to put the fear of God into him and used the whole not identifying you have a gun crap, to make the John think twice about ever stepping foot in that area again?

That doesn't excuse threatening to execute someone.

Yes, I would care. Anyone that thinks that this is acceptable behavior concerns me. He tells a man who has not been convicted of any crime that he would murder him and hide behind the badge to do it, with no remorse. If you don't take issue with that type of behavior from a civil servant, I guess nothing I can say will change your mind.

Of course I don't care if people pay each for a goodtime. Did you ever have to buy a chick dinner or a drink? Your paying for it one way or
another ha ha ha. That doesn't mean you want acts going on out in the open.

Back on topic, there are many times where I read about deviant behavior and wish the cops would work the perpetrator over. For example the poor 8 year old boy two weeks in NY who was drugged, suffocated and then chopped up.
I wouldn't lose sleep or shed a tear for murderer if one of the arresting officers happened to punched him, even though he wasn't convicted yet.

In fact I think you George cheered on that fake post a while back about someone attempting to rob a group of Marine who were collecting money for Toy for Tots. “Suspected suffered, broken bones, ribs blah, blah, to which the cops replied he tripped”. So don’t tell me you don’t condone a little street justice every one and a while.

Jose for some reason your comments seem uncharacteristically muted. If this had happened in Massachusetts you would be all over us like white on rice I do believe.
A) I have already stated what I would do if this happened to me.

B) There some other things that are better left unsaid

C) The behavior of police in the NE part of Ohio is no reflection of other parts of the state. Others who have lived here have already made that point.

D) You still live under the boot of one of the most oppresive sets of gun laws in the country.

back on topic, there are many times where I read about deviant behavior and wish the cops would work the perpetrator over. For example the poor 8 year old boy two weeks in NY who was drugged, suffocated and then chopped up.
I wouldn't lose sleep or shed a tear for murderer if one of the arresting officers happened to punched him, even though he wasn't convicted yet.

Really? You want a street cop to be judge and jury?

People like you are everything that is wrong with this country.

Really? You want a street cop to be judge and jury?

People like you are everything that is wrong with this country.

No Mr. Weebles I would much rather raise ours taxes so that we can hire the best attorneys from Harvard, Yale, & NYU to sit with convicted murders sitting on death row for next 20 years so they can ask them how their day is. Have they been receiving the proper ethnic meals in prison. Are their mattress soft enough. That's what I want.

No Mr. Weebles I would much rather raise ours taxes so that we can hire the best attorneys and lawyers from Harvard, Yale, & NYU to sit with convicted murders sitting on death row for next 20 years so they can ask them how their day is. Have they been receiving the proper ethnic meals in prison. Are their mattress soft enough. That what I want.
Put "common sense" in the title of that bill and it would pass the Senate right now... [thinking]

Joking aside, I agree with him in his criticism of your statement. As much as we may cheer when a bad-guy in a movie "gets what's coming to him," that's not how a free society works.

We have to forgo such indulgences because it might be us falsely accused on the other side of the tazer, gun, baton, fist, boot, etc...

No Mr. Weebles I would much rather raise ours taxes so that we can hire the best attorneys from Harvard, Yale, & NYU to sit with convicted murders sitting on death row for next 20 years so they can ask them how their day is. Have they been receiving the proper ethnic meals in prison. Are their mattress soft enough. That's what I want.

Are you 12? Good grief.

Who said anything about taxes, attorneys or coddling prisoners?

If you want some random cop to throw a beating on someone when they think a crime has been committed, fine. But you get to go first.

No, our issue is that you find no issue with Police acting as judge, jury and executioner and stripping people of their rights because they "think" a crime was committed and therefor must, to quote you, "work over" the individual to beat a confession out of them.

We live in a country based on laws, not hearsay, rumor or appearances, law, try to remember that, we don't just convict people in the street of a crime because some cop thinks they committed one, they have a right to have their case heard in front of a judge and a jury of their peers.

Your mind set is the same as those who have no issue locking up 1000 innocent men just to get 1 criminal, our country was not found on those same principles thankfully, our founders felt that they would rather see a 1000 guilty men walk than have one innocent put into prison.

So yes, people like you are truly what's wrong with this country.

In fact I think you George cheered on that fake post a while back about someone attempting to rob a group of Marine who were collecting money for Toy for Tots. “Suspected suffered, broken bones, ribs blah, blah, to which the cops replied he tripped”. So don’t tell me you don’t condone a little street justice every one and a while.

I really don't see those as equal things. Making a joke about someone caught in the act of stealing from a children's charity and condoning a threat to murder an innocent man aren't even in the same universe.

BullieBred, your thinking is what fuels the War on Drugs, Gun Control, No Knock warrants and SWAT teams killing more dogs than animal control... (almost kidding on that last one [wink])

Lots of people not thinking through what they are asking/allowing the state to do and how it might come back to bite them in the ass.

No, our issue is that you find no issue with Police acting as judge, jury and executioner and stripping people of their rights because they "think" a crime was committed and therefor must, to quote you, "work over" the individual to beat a confession out of them.

We live in a country based on laws, not hearsay, rumor or appearances, law, try to remember that, we don't just convict people in the street of a crime because some cop thinks they committed one, they have a right to have their case heard in front of a judge and a jury of their peers.

Your mind set is the same as those who have no issue locking up 1000 innocent men just to get 1 criminal, our country was not found on those same principles thankfully, our founders felt that they would rather see a 1000 guilty men walk than have one innocent put into prison.

Yup, it sounded an awful lot like "Judge Dredd."

I really don't see those as equal things. Making a joke about someone caught in the act of stealing from a children's charity and condoning a threat to murder an innocent man aren't even in the same universe.

"It ain't the same ballpark. It ain't the same league. It ain't even the same ****ing sport."

ETA: If I seem a little passionate about this issue, overreactions like this hit pretty close to home for me. When I was 17, me and my friend were pulled out of my dad's truck at gunpoint by a Massachusetts State Police Officer, forced to lay facedown on the side of Rt. 495 while the officer searched the truck. The cop verbally abused us for a few minutes, then went back to searching the truck. Then without saying a word, he got back in his cruiser and took off. We reported it, and I haven't heard anything about it since then.

I can share a similar experience of police misconduct. A friend and I were on our way to play paintball in Upton (Fox4, good place). We were on 495 southbound in his car, he was driving. Mass. State Trooper pulls us over. Both myself and the driver have our hands visible to the cop - his hands being on the steering wheel, mine lay flat on my legs. We were not carrying any firearms. The cop asks us where we're heading, the driver calmly responds with respect, stating that we're going to play paintball. Cops asks us if there are any weapons in the car, driver replies "yes, there are about 6 paintball guns in the back seat and trunk." The cop then accuses the driver of stealing the vehicle (has not yet looked at the driver's license or registration), asks both of us to step out of the car. My friend rolls the windows up, takes the keys out of the ignition, locks the doors and sets the alarm. Cop asks "do you mind if I take a look inside the car", friend replies "absolutely, I'd be happy to let you look inside the vehicle, as soon as I see a warrant." Cop gets frustrated, basically throws my friends papers at him, and say's we're free to go. Drives off.

We were to shocked and frustrated to take his badge number.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not "anti-cop" by any means. However, I am anti "cop-on-a-powertrip" with no regard to the law or people's rights.

Last edited:
BullieBred: If you are unlucky enough to find yourself on the wrong end of police inquiry, you'll be very thankful that our legal system doesn't work the way you say you want it to work.

Last edited:

There is a book and I can’t recall the name of it off the top of my head, I’ll try to Google it. It was the true story about how a group of returning WWII combat veteran became police officers in Los Angles. They used, let say questionable tactic to keep criminals out of the city. The moral of the book was how it kept the city safe during that time. I guess you would call these Vets everything that it wrong with this country. I would call them heroes.

Last edited:
There is a book and I can’t recall the name of it off the top of my head, I’ll try to Google it. It was the true story about how a group of returning WWII combat veteran became police officers in Los Angles. They used, let say questionable tactic to keep criminals out of the city. The moral of the book was how it kept the city safe during that time. I guess would call these Vets everything that it wrong with this country. I would call them heroes.

You're missing the point completely. I am pretty certain a few of my fellow Marines could keep a neighborhood safe if we f-ed up everyone and trampled the constitution.

There is a book and I can’t recall the name of it off the top of my head, I’ll try to Google it. It was the true story about how a group of returning WWII combat veteran became police officers in Los Angles. They used, let say questionable tactic to keep criminals out of the city. The moral of the book was how it kept the city safe during that time. I guess would call these Vets everything that it wrong with this country. I would call them heroes.
Seriously?

Nevermind, Europe called, they want their subject back, they promise it will be safe, there are cameras everywhere, what could happen?

There is a book and I can’t recall the name of it off the top of my head, I’ll try to Google it. It was the true story about how a group of returning WWII combat veteran became police officers in Los Angles. They used, let say questionable tactic to keep criminals out of the city. The moral of the book was how it kept the city safe during that time. I guess you would call these Vets everything that it wrong with this country. I would call them heroes.

I would call them JBTs. Ends don't justify the means and being in a war doesn't give you a pass on violating others rights

If they stripped people of their rights, you're right, I would say they are part of what's wrong.

For every 1 instance where it worked out I can point out 100 where it's pure abuse of our rights.

The point you're missing is that we value our rights and freedoms more than safety, our founders did as well.

That just sparked a memory about some cheesy paperback I read called "Blood Tide" where this cop gets possessed by a dead SS officer. He starts to run the dept like the SS and at first all the citizens loved it until they all eventually suffered abuses at the hands of his jackbooted thugs and their judge/jury/executioner style.

Holy crap, I actually found a review of it!

http://groovyageofhorror.blogspot.com/2005/06/blood-tide-by-saul-wernick-dell-1979.html

Blood%20Tide.jpg

Last edited:
Must not invoke Godwin's law.

That just sparked a memory about some cheesy paperback I read called "Blood Tide" where this cop gets possessed by a dead SS officer. He starts to run the dept like the SS and at first all the citizens loved it until they all eventually suffered abuses at the hands of his jackbooted thugs and their judge/jury/executioner style.
Too late.

Back
Top Bottom