Dash Cam: Canton, OH PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk

Really? You're going to judge a state over the actions of one cop?

No. I was being a wiseass. One of the nicest, cutest girls I knew in college was from Ohio. That's all the reference I need to like the state.

CRAP! There I go again, being a wiseass!

For the record: Ohio, like most states, is largely a nice place with some good and some bad. I have nothing in particular for or against Ohio.

Now... New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, Arizona...

Who in their right mind would stop the wagon train in such a desolate, barren wasteland, breathe in the searing, arid air and declare: "Now THIS is the place I want to raise my family!"

This guy makes makes me sick. He is a despicable human being who doesn't deserve to walk the streets, much less serve the community.

Now... New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, Arizona...

Who in their right mind would stop the wagon train in such a desolate, barren wasteland, breathe in the searing, arid air and declare: "Now THIS is the place I want to raise my family!"

Must have broke down on the way to the West Coast.

On a side note, andyone remember the movie Wagons East!?

Jose in a sense the chickens have come home to roost. While it is true that this is the actions of only several officers, it nevertheless displays a disturbing trend and only illustrates that even in Ohio, bad things can happen to lawful gun owners, Based on some of the other posters, this seems to be fairly typical of the Canton PD. For some reason your comments seem uncharacteristically muted. If this had happened in Massachusetts you would be all over us like white on rice I do believe.

The one cop is so typical of the new militarized look. The too-tight shirt showing the muscular physique, the high and tight haircut, the swaggering body language. All that is missing is a black and silver trimmed SS uniform.

To those of you out there who still believe that the police are our friends and that there are only a few bad apples think again.

Notice too, how quickly the other two subjects became items of non interest to the [strike] stormtroopers [/strike] officers . They told them to get lost.

The fact that the [strike] victim of police harassment [/strike] suspect was compliant and subservient, did not cause the one [strike] stormtrooper [/strike] officer to tone it down. He was angry and emotional because he could.

The fact that the Canton PD IA has little interest in this shows is a highly possible indicator that this is the norm in that organization's culture.

I note too, that the cruiser totally disregarded the stop sign at the intersection when preceding to the stopped car. It's a good thing for all that there was not a vehicle heading on the thru street and the cruiser didn't get T-boned.

Jack Webb is dead, and Officers Reed and Malloy are retired and living in apartments in Santa Monica next to where Whitey was hiding out. Officer Friendly is retired and living in a senior condo in Florida. The protect and serve era is over. The police wonder why they are hated and vilified so much...the time will come to pass when the dedicated, public service oriented police officer will be as extinct as the Dodo Bird. Give it another twenty years or so. The real police state is just around the corner, I am sadly coming to believe. I also find it odd that some of the most egregious behaviors by the police recently seem to be happening in "free states" like Arizona and New Mexico and now it seems Ohio.

I wonder when the [strike] SS [/strike] police will do something in New Hampshire?

Last edited:
WOW, that's some scary stuff right there, being told by a civil servant that they should have executed you ..... for doing what he was told none the less.

This video shows even more evidence why the police should not have firearms and that the public needs to have open carry nationwide. Except for an emergency response team(s) on police departments, the law enforcement of today has proven they are not capable of being trusted to uphold their position. This is obviously OK to do in Canton and in many other areas of the country, if it wasn't, the chief or town leaders would quickly have this guy out on his arss but if you go from town to town, this is your SOP attitude towards the public. I would love to see this asshat do this to some special forces troop just back from a bad day at the office, he would have lasted 2 seconds.
This country is so F---ed up!!

This video shows even more evidence why the police should not have firearms and that the public needs to have open carry nationwide. Except for an emergency response team(s) on police departments, the law enforcement of today has proven they are not capable of being trusted to uphold their position. This is obviously OK to do in Canton and in many other areas of the country, if it wasn't, the chief or town leaders would quickly have this guy out on his arss but if you go from town to town, this is your SOP attitude towards the public. I would love to see this asshat do this to some special forces troop just back from a bad day at the office, he would have lasted 2 seconds.
This country is so F---ed up!!

This is my CoP in my town. No nonsense fella, but fair and decent. IMO, I think he wouldn't ripped this LEO apart and sent him packing..."retraining" not required.

Last edited:
It gets worse from there. The officer tells my guy that "I should blast you right in the mouth." "I'm close to caving in your head." "You are a stupid human being." "How would you like it if I pull mine and stick it to your head." When speaking to another officer, he says "I hate these ***** with their gd permits." And, again, later tells my client "I should have taken 2 steps back, put 10 rounds in your ***, and left you lying there. I should have executed you, and I'd go home and sleep good tonight."

Can someone explain how what the cop said is not criminal?

If you or I said any of that to someone our asses would be in jail.

If the CC guy in the video had pulled his piece and capped the officer that was repeatedly threatening and manhandling him, I would have a hard time convicting if I were on the jury. I would feel my life was in danger in a similar situation.

From the CLEO.

Per chief of canton ohio "I want to assure our citizens that the behavior, as demonstrated in this video, is wholly unacceptable and in complete contradiction to the professional standards we demand of our officers. As such, appropriate steps were placed in motion as dictated by our standards, policies and contractual obligations. Those steps included: The officer immediately being relieved of all duty. The incident has been referred to the Internal Affairs Bureau for what will be a complete and thorough investigation. As bad as the video indicates our officer's actions were, there is a due process procedure to follow. That process is designed in the best interest of both our employees and the citizens at large. That process will be followed in this case as in all others. Anyone shown to be in violation of our rules and regulations will be help appropriately responsible as dictated by all the facts. ~Chief Dean McKimm"

FU McKimm. Karma is a bitch.

my oldest relative told me dont talk to the police ever, Identify yourself and end it.
Massachusetts(thanks inner logic I just couldnt get canton mass out of my head when I first read/seen this)) THey will DO nothing to this guy except early retirement with full benies.

This video should be played in FULL non sensored on all the Networks

I have noticed a increase of the militant look, and must say alot are looking very sloppy.

Last edited:
Per chief of canton ohio "I want to assure our citizens that the behavior, as demonstrated in this video, is wholly unacceptable and in complete contradiction to the professional standards we demand of our officers. As such, appropriate steps were placed in motion as dictated by our standards, policies and contractual obligations. Those steps included: The officer immediately being relieved of all duty. The incident has been referred to the Internal Affairs Bureau for what will be a complete and thorough investigation. As bad as the video indicates our officer's actions were, there is a due process procedure to follow. That process is designed in the best interest of both our employees and the citizens at large. That process will be followed in this case as in all others. Anyone shown to be in violation of our rules and regulations will be help appropriately responsible as dictated by all the facts. ~Chief Dean McKimm"

There it is.[thinking]

This video reminds me of an old ditty I used to listen to as a young lad on my boom box. The sweet melodies of Ice Cube, Easy E, Dr. Dre, DJ Yella and MC Ren....also known as N.W.A (Young oppressed African Americans with negative mindset, or something like that) . I believe the song was "Fornicate the Law Enforcement Officers"....I'll have to double check.

Back
Top Bottom