Dash Cam: Canton, OH PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk

from the Canton Police Department facebook page:

In response to the questions about the status of the officer in the video; again, we must follow due process and at this time he has not been fired and he is on paid sick leave. The results of a thorough investigation will be turned over to the safety director for a decision.

inerlogic, was on auto pilot even though I read and watch the video I just couldnt get mass out of my head when reading canton on the title.

You people who are worried about being harassed by the police for carrying a gun have been living in MA too long.
Grabbing your gun while walking out the door in other parts of the country is viewed as about as exciting as grabbing your keys.
For example here in Ohio the state where John Boeher is from you would never have to worry about.... oh wait min..... crickets, crickets,

You people who are worried about being harassed by the police for carrying a gun have been living in MA too long.
Grabbing your gun while walking out the door in other parts of the country is viewed as about as exciting as grabbing your keys.
For example here in Ohio the state where John Boeher is from you would never have to worry about.... oh wait min..... crickets, crickets,

Ahh the good old "Misery loves company" theme.

I'll bet you anything that loud mouth officer was a real bully as a kid. A real shit bag who did everything he could to belittle and intimidate anyone smaller than him. Maybe his mommy didn't love him enough. Maybe his daddy didn't give a damn about him. Whatever the reason, this DB will definitely get what's coming to him in the long run. Karma doesn't lose sight of garbage like him.
It's really unfortunate that some people base their perception of LEO's on guys like this. I've only come in contact with a few a**h*** LEO's in my life. The rest of them are upstanding, honorable gentlemen who I completely respect. Don't believe for a second that they're extinct.

I...It's really unfortunate that some people base their perception of LEO's on guys like this. I've only come in contact with a few a**h*** LEO's in my life. The rest of them are upstanding, honorable gentlemen who I completely respect. Don't believe for a second that they're extinct.

They are not extinct yet, but they are getting rarer and rarer.

Why wouldn't the officers secure the person getting out of the car without being told so, then talk to the driver before searching (illegally?) his car?

That might've reduced his insane reaction, but probably still wouldn't get rid of it.

It's really unfortunate that some people base their perception of LEO's on guys like this. I've only come in contact with a few a**h*** LEO's in my life. The rest of them are upstanding, honorable gentlemen who I completely respect. Don't believe for a second that they're extinct.

I agree, it is unfortunate. The majority of my dealings with law enforcement have been fairly positive, even when I was the subject and in the wrong. At the same time, it's not unfounded to have reservations of trust when dealing with an unknown LEO, and incidents like this prove it.

Mr Angry with a Badge. This Guy is unhinged and shouldn't be in uniform. I bet this is no surprise to his supervisor either, and he should have been sidelined long ago. This is some scary shit. This is why I think the "no video" of cops laws going on is a terrible trend that has to be stopped. When the political system and the justice system only protects its own, the citizens that the systems are supposed to serve have few options.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Let me ask this question, the guy in the video is obviously trying to pick up a prostitute. If that behavior was going on in your neighborhood would you really care if your local cops acted like the cop in the video when confronting a John?

Maybe he was trying to stop that activity from going on in his town and wanted to put the fear of God into him and used the whole not identifying you have a gun crap, to make the John think twice about ever stepping foot in that area again?

Maybe this cop's undies bunched up and he wasn't able to reach his crack with those overly muscular arms. I know that would put me in a foul mood too.

Let me ask this question, the guy in the video is obviously trying to pick up a prostitute. If that behavior was going on in your neighborhood would you really care if your local cops acted like the cop in the video when confronting a John?

Maybe he was trying to stop that activity from going on in his town and wanted to put the fear of God into him and used the whole not identifying you have a gun crap, to make the John think twice about ever stepping foot in that area again?

Maybe if two consenting adults were able to conduct business legally they would have to do it out on the street

No. I don't give a shit about victimless crimes. If that's what was happening, I'm not saying the cop should have ignored his job, but there are few things that would really justify a response like that, and none of them happened in that video.

Oldest profession known to man and only tight-wads have a problem with it. Regulate it and be done with it (seems to work in the rest of the civilized world). God and morals have nothing to do with it, just the zealots who wish to control you. And control you they do....god bless american zealotry and control under the guise of religion! [thumbsup]

Oldest profession known to man and only tight-wads have a problem with it. Regulate it and be done with it (seems to work in the rest of the civilized world). God and morals have nothing to do with it, just the zealots who wish to control you. And control you they do....god bless american zealotry and control under the guise of religion! [thumbsup]

This

I guess that officer had a bad day. But his attitude is unacceptable. He should go on leave or need to a check up.

Bad day or not it was unacceptable. If at my job, I was having a bad day and very graphically threatened to murder someone (whether it be a customer, coworker or just some random person) at the very least I'd be fired on the spot. More likely, I'd be brought up on charges. It should be the same for the officer.

Regardless of the situation prior to the beginning of the video, what the officer did was completely unacceptable. He's dealing with a person who in the context of the video appears to be completely submissive and cooperative, and starts out by telling him to shut up. This citizen is required by law to disclose that he is carrying a concealed firearm, but the officer keeps cutting him off and not letting him complete his legally required duty. The officer then goes on to graphically state multiple times how he wants to murder this man. All this time, both the officer and his partner know they are being recorded. It's not like they're doing this in some dark alley when they think no one is around. If they're doing something this bad when on camera, just imagine what they are doing when they're off camera.

ETA: If I seem a little passionate about this issue, overreactions like this hit pretty close to home for me. When I was 17, me and my friend were pulled out of my dad's truck at gunpoint by a Massachusetts State Police Officer, forced to lay facedown on the side of Rt. 495 while the officer searched the truck. The cop verbally abused us for a few minutes, then went back to searching the truck. Then without saying a word, he got back in his cruiser and took off. We reported it, and I haven't heard anything about it since then.

Last edited:

"obviously trying to pick up a prostitute" isn't really relevant, is it? Maybe he was obviously trying to pick up his wayward cousin, before she did anything stupid. Maybe he was asking directions. Maybe (in fact, actually) it doesn't make any difference.

So even if it were the case, then why didn't the [strike] stormtrooper [/strike] officer follow procedure and conduct the interview/investigation in a professional manner? If you condone this behavior, then you are condoning police state tactics. Things aren't always appear to be what they are either, only a proper investigation can reveal enough of the true facts.

On a wholly divergent topic, it's about time we legalized prostitution in this country. Once again our religious friends have pushed their view of morality on society and curiously enough there really weren't strong laws against prostitution in this country until the late 19th and early 20th centuries about the same time these same do-gooders got prohibition to be the law of the land and we know what a major fail that was.

Prostitution is not a victimless crime (the victims are the prostitutes themselves who are frequently drug addicted and exploited) but if it were legalized a lot of the social problems and crime problems associated with it would go away...just like if drugs were legalized...oh and tax the hell out of it too and make some real money for the state.

Back
Top Bottom