Ct. State Police Receive Their Notice

You guys are missing the point in regards to the audience... he spammed the State Police sure, but he also posted the letter online. It is getting attention, per our discussion here and elsewhere as more people and blogs link to it. The fact that he emailed the state police was the message. We are the audience.

Propaganda 101... know your audience.

The audience is the choir?

Let's make a bet. One year from now, there will have been no mass arrests of gun owners in CT or NY and no mass uprising of gun owners. We'll meet for coffee. Loser pays.

I think the crux of the problem with this confiscate/no confiscate arguement is the fact that the agenda failed at the federal level, for now, and the effort at the state level backfired BIGTIME. The social engineers totally missed the mark on just how much backlash they'd get. I can't see them expecting that so many states would LOOSEN gun laws in response to Sandy Hook.

Will there be confiscations? I think for now onsie-twosie when there is some other cause for a raid other than just having guns and mags. I also think that someday, someone will try and ban all guns here. As to when that happens, who knows? But it ain't going to happen on a large scale anytime soon.

So M1911, your bet is a pretty safe one that you'll get a free coffee if anyone takes you up on it.

But it doesn't make the effort to reach out to the JBT's any less important.

The audience is the choir?

Yes... haven't you noticed our choir is a bit off-tune and not in sync? This was an attempt to awaken and coalesce 2A supporters in regards to the next steps in this fight. As many note here in this thread, we aren't a very organized movement in anything beyond the legislative fight, which we have lost in liberal states...

Yes... haven't you noticed our choir is a bit off-tune and not in sync? This was an attempt to awaken and coalesce 2A supporters in regards to the next steps in this fight. As many note here in this thread, we aren't a very organized movement in anything beyond the legislative fight, which we have lost in liberal states...
Fair enough, I'll concede that to be a possibility I hadn't considered.

You made it a lot further than me.

I believe it was Mark Twain who apologized for writing a long letter - if he'd had time, the letter would have been shorter.

If that clown had a point to make, he should have been concise enough to make it before his recipients lost patience. I expect that the vast majority of the recipients quickly decided he was an arrogant blowhard and hit the delete key.

I suspect he has a point to make, but I'm not going to wade through all that crap to find it.

Probably - but when the time comes they can't say they weren't warned.

I'm really not surprised at the lack of attention span here. I suppose one can't be too surprised in 2014, when a letter such as this can't be given the time of day, simply because it's "too long". I guess I'm just old enough to remember the world before the internet, or smart phones, when reading more than 140 characters was something people regularly did. I think it was a very well crafted response to tyranny, and if just 20% of the recipients read it, then I'd say it was successful. He might have given some of them pause, to think about what they might be ordered to attempt one day, and what the outcome might be.

Sent from my QMV7A

I lostint arnd 5 wds. Squirrel!

LOL WTF.

This is now a creative writing thread.

Actually it's a thread about people bitching about a message because it wasn't delivered "correctly".

Which is basically about people admitting that they'll believe anything as long as the messenger delivers it in a way that sounds good to them.

Bloodshed can be avoided. Secede.

I say the S word often.

California and Colorado are the first.

Secede from what? This is the CT state government screwing over it's citizens. The Federal Govt. may follow the example at some point in time (they often follow the leads set by the states) - but for right now the only secession that could happen is towns seceding from CT - and joining another state. Good luck with that in New England.

Based on what I've read about CT over the last year or so (there was a thread here on NES a few months ago about how badly the libs have driven the state down the crapper economically) - it sure looks like what they're working on is a Detroit writ large.

Haha.....

Liberty has become "spooky".

This is why saving this country is a fruitless effort.

no kidding....this whole ****ing country has Stockholm Syndrome.

- - - Updated - - -

Bloodshed can be avoided. Secede.

I say the S word often.

California and Colorado are the first.
Last time a real secession attempt happened the government slaughtered hundreds of thousands of citizens and burned entire cities to the ground. The fedgov WILL NOT allow any jurisdiction to peacefully secede.

This.

Lots of folks talk about how they will resist. When the door breaks open at 5 AM and the SWAT team busts through the door, it's a lot harder to resist and your friends who were going to help are asleep in their beds. The next day, your friends aren't going to try to bust you out of jail.

But none of that is going to happen. There aren't going to be any SWAT teams going door to door trying to enforce these laws. If someone runs afoul of the law in some other way and the police discover that they are violating these laws, then the prosecution hammers them and they go away to jail. The DA has a press conference and shows the customary "arsenal" spread out on the table.

The politicians who passed these laws don't give a rats patootie about whether or not the laws will actually work or will even be followed by most gun owners. Truly, they don't care. They already achieved what they wanted when they passed these laws -- they got to stand up before the cameras and claim they were doing something about violence.

I sort of agree with this.

I think one of the biggest failings of the pro-gun or liberty movement or whatever - is that they just fail to grasp the totality of the web that has been thrown around them.

SWAT teams aren't likely to show up and start doing the confiscations - at least not right away. They'll demand people register, then they'll demand you turn them in. Some percentage will always do it . Some percentage won't. The real question is: what happens next. The Feds and the states have all sorts of means to go after people. They can refuse to renew their licenses (all of them) , the can confiscate bank accounts, they can hack your computer and shut you down there - etc.

I honestly don't see too many people who REALLY think this shit out.

I'm 53, overweight, bad knees and bad eyes. I never was one of them and never had that kind of training. My handgun shooting is better than many, my rifle shooting not so much. My chances against a decent SWAT team? I'd be dead within a minute.

Resistance movements almost always take heavy losses.

But they often win.

Go look at the kill ratios of US forces vs the enemy in Vietnam.

Last time I checked - we're not there any more.

Go look at how many insurgents in Afghanistan we've killed as compared to how many casualties we've taken. I'm pretty sure you'd find a VERY lopsided number (in favor of the US military) of kills vs killed/injured.

Last time I checked - we're basically losing the Afghan war.

Look at the kill ratios of the Germans vs the Soviets during WW2. If I remember correctly the Germans slaughtered the Russians in large numbers. That still didn't earn them a win.

Numbers don't always tell the whole story.

4GW gets fought on different rules other than just body counts.

M1911 is correct in one assumption: there is no central or cohesive core of resistance among gun owners. We all individually purport to be supporters of the 2A and for the most part, we are. But, push comes to shove, unlike Concord or Bunker Hill where our forefathers fought and resisted the Brits trying to take an armory, we don't have any type of structure for us to fit into that could result in an armed resistance. The government does. They have swat teams and big guys in protective gear carrying full-blown MGs. What would it take for us to feel immediately compelled to take up arms against a perceived tyrant? Who knows. Maybe if CT decided to go town to town, house to house with SP teams physically confiscating our firearms, maybe that would spur some action. Short of that, one or two "examples" as the mod lays out are what's going to happen. And, I agree, the politicians who inflicted this on us are just using us to garner votes by the larger majority of non-gun owners or gun haters here in true-blue CT.

I've mentioned this before and I'll mention it here again. My biggest concern is that good men and women (as clearly stated in the long letter) who are our neighbors and friends who just happen to be LEOs as well, are going to be ordered to put themselves on the line by the zealots in CT. My question has always been would they follow the orders from Hartford if they feel strongly enough that Hartford was overstepping their authority and ignoring our constitution (both CT And the Federal version). Will they shoot our dog, bust down our doors and make an "example" of some overweight 55 year old with a wife and two kids just because he didn't register a handful of plastic magazines. The whole thing is ludicrous. Anyone outside of CT who looks at what was required of us by Jan 1st agrees, too. CT is being run by lunatics ..........but........and this is a big but(t)...........they were elected by us and placed into office by us. This is why no anti-gun bills will ever be rescinded. The people have spoken through their duly elected legislature and that's that. All we can hope for is that good men and women DO do something when the times comes and don't just roll over.

Let me also add that those of us who are fed up have moved, are in the process of moving or planning to move in the very near future. We are not moving to join a militia or compound. We are moving to states where we can simply be left alone to lead our lives free of the meddling local government who finds it necessary to determine whether we can have machine threads on a barrel or a pistol grip on a rifle or a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds or a stock that can't be adjusted bigger or smaller. There are MANY free states who will welcome us with open arms and that's where we will be headed, just to be left alone.

Rome

If you followed what happened to the militia movement in the 90's at all - you'd realize that there really can't be any sort of overt "organized" resistance movement - until such time that is - as actualy fighting starts.

That's why it's important for each person to get their own head straight - and take care of their own preparations. If any of the history is correct - and any sizable portion of the population REALLY wants to retain their liberty - and is prepared to do something about it, then the organization thing will happen by itself when the time comes (IMHO).

But organizing a bunch of people who have to be convinced that they should fight for liberty - and getting them to understand why they should - and then training them in the basics - is basically expecting the impossible. What you're going to end up with is another Ukraine - and then an even worse tyranny after the fighting is over.

If the people who show up at the organizing are fully versed in liberty - understand why we have ended up where we are - and are trained enough so that they can at least handle the basics - well then you've at least got the beginnings of some sort of REAL resistance.

A lot of the people who fought in the Revolutionary War here - were already combat veterans (French and Indian War) - and had been reading liberty tilting writings for years (Tom Paine) - before the actual fighting starts.

When you read people here on NES who want more taxes for roads, or defend the public schools, or defend the US military being huge and spread all over the globe, or malign people who want to think that this country might actually be saveable - you've got to realize that what you're essentially dealing with is the enemy - or a variant of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I haven't either rolled over nor licked a boot in my life. As far as your "untrained towelheads" are concerned, those guys are anything BUT untrained. They were living of the land while you were living of McDonalds, spray can cheese and mile high apple pie. While little MattE was unwrapping Xmas toys, those guys were fighting Spetsnaz. While you were enjoying your first bicycle, those guys got their first AK. They lived in a warrior culture all their life, while you were shopping at the mall. So, how about you don't compare yourself to those guys?
Next: here comes the pipe dream again. Grabbing your AR and resisting while they raid your neighbor's house. Mmmkay... I'll have to raise the bullshit flag 100 feet high. Do you think they are stupid? Do you think they've never heard of a secured perimeter? If the day of confiscation comes, I'm sure you can count on the 3% to stick their neck out for you. Just like they did in CO and NY. You know what's going to happen? They will write angry letters to their state reps. The Feds will laugh. Wow, now you showed them.
I said it before: if you live in Mass, or any other restrictive state, and haven't resisted yet, then you won't. All you do is talk the talk, because there have been PLENTY of opportunities to walk the walk so far, and you haven't. Boobytrap my place? Lol, I was a light infantry sniper. I wouldn't know how to boobytrap a shoebox without explosives or at least a grenade.
and what is it with that oath? I've never sworn allegiance to this country. Hell, I've never even sworn allegiance to my own country. The only one I've sworn was to a certain military organization.

They (the Taliban/mujahadeen/whatever) are also largely supported by the population at large.

That is really the crucial thing. In this country I get the sense that the population at large - would largely support the SWAT teams.

That is the REAL problem.

If you can't convince a large enough segment of the population to embrace liberty and give up on the government - then you might as well forget about resistance. If a revolution/civil war starts - and there's a sufficient number of people who are opposed to the government to have a base of support AND that population encompasses land areas enough that the government has no power there - then yeah , maybe something could happen. Also- one common strategy of resistance movements is to gain support over time. They do this by poking the bear - and then sitting back and watching the bear run around the woods stomping on everything in it's path. The people who get stomped - then have a tendency to support the resistance.

This is why I think the REAL problem is the beliefs that people have in their heads - and why I think that if a critical percentage of the population can't be enticed to resist or even BELIEVE in resistance in some form or fashion BEFORE the shooting starts - well then the shooting is just a complete waste of time.

Yup. When I open up my work email and see something that was sent to more than a dozen or so recipients, I immediately delete it because I know it's nothing important. If I open an email and see multiple paragraphs, it's immediately deleted. Important emails involve five sentences or less...usually just one sentence. If it's longer than, for example, "you have court duty on Thursday," it probably isn't important.

I have a similar rule of thumb regarding all-hands meetings -- the less notice the more important. An all-hands meeting planned months in advance is unimportant -- it will be a "team-building" exercise or some such nonsense.

An all-hands meeting that gets announced 15 minutes ahead of time? That's frickin' important. Could be a layoff, a takeover, etc.

I think the crux of the problem with this confiscate/no confiscate arguement is the fact that the agenda failed at the federal level, for now, and the effort at the state level backfired BIGTIME. The social engineers totally missed the mark on just how much backlash they'd get. I can't see them expecting that so many states would LOOSEN gun laws in response to Sandy Hook.

The "big time" backlash in CT is what, so far? Some people have moved out. Most people have ignored the law. That affects the politicians how, exactly? They'll ensure that there are a few token arrests and move on to something else.

I would imagine conversations like this have taken place many times over the course of humanity.
I can see King George and his advisors around a table discussing if the colonist's had the sack to fight back .
Look at what's going on in other parts of the world right now. Egypt. Syria, the Ukraine.
There is a line, where that is, who know's , but there's always a line.
It's not just a question of the population having the sack for it, it's also a question of the politicians having the sack for it.
Things don't historically go well for the loosers.

The "big time" backlash in CT is what, so far? Some people have moved out. Most people have ignored the law. That affects the politicians how, exactly? They'll ensure that there are a few token arrests and move on to something else.

I wasn't talking about CT. The state is but one piece in the puzzle. It's the free states that are keeping a worst-case scenario from happening.

I keep coming back to the fact that CT does NOT HAVE ACTIONABLE INFO that could be used for a warrant against a person who failed to register.

There is nothing they can do. They don't know who owns what. Its just that simple. The transfer laws in CT prior to 4/4/13 were NONEXISTANT with respect to long guns, which makes up the vast majority of AWs.

Prior to 4/4/13 the transfer of an AR 15 between 2 citizens in CT proceeded the same way it does in North Dakota. You give me money, I give you the gun.

sigh. .. . . those were the days.

No but those FFLs sure do. It's only a matter of time until the "review" the records.

Matt,
You don't get it. The FFL records only lead them to the first buyer.

Every buyer after that can be anonymous if the first buyer has the sense to say "I don't know" to all their questions. Poof!!! The gun vanishes. Legally.

Matt,
You don't get it. The FFL records only lead them to the first buyer.

Every buyer after that can be anonymous if the first buyer has the sense to say "I don't know" to all their questions. Poof!!! The gun vanishes. Legally.
So you're relying on your fellow man to forget who he gave his rifle to? Good luck with that.

GPP

You don't get it. it doesn't have to be 100% refusal for it to not be accurate info.
No politically aware CT gun owner will give up that info. At least none that I know.

Do you even know who you sold a gun to 5 years ago?

Finally, and I would never recommend this, but if the police knocked on your door because you didn't register an AW, all you would have to say is "I sold it". And they are done. You have done nothing to justify them getting a warrant. And if they did, after word got out of houses getting tossed and nothing being found, they would have to change their ways.

You Mass people don't seem to realize that we don't have to worry about angering he police in CT. They can't take your pistol permit away for a bad attitude and even if they did, it wouldn't affect your ability to possess firearms. . . . and you'd get it back in 6 months thanks to the BFPE.

Really we don't get it? Actually I do get it and no I don't worry about my LTC. I've done plenty of shit that most would piss themselves over. I know you've seen enough to know better than to say that.

But it let's see me OC with owb through walmart the other night, or open carrying and engaging my chief and captain on what's heading down the line, or meeting with other chiefs, or popping my mag out and dropping down to 7rds at the Holyoke hearing. Should I go on? We get you have a hard on for how free ( laughable) ct is. You do realize regardless of technicalities it's just another shithole like mass.

But you're also assuming they're going to play by the rules. Rules which they will modify to fit their agenda at any given time. So the already violated your 2nd. What's to stop them with 4&5? Did we forget the NSA has copies of everything. Anyone who thinks that you can tell them I sold it and the conversation ends is dreaming. The key is to not get to that point.

Really we don't get it?................Did we forget the NSA has copies of everything. Anyone who thinks that you can tell them I sold it and the conversation ends is dreaming. The key is to not get to that point.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

When the Bolsheviks confiscated the guns, they didnt have the tech we do, and they still got most of the guns. You either turned them in, or were killed. And they even killed lots of people that happily handed their guns in, apparently for the LULZ. What really amazes me on this board is the "it cant happen here" stuff. Of course it can.

Last edited:
OK. So where's the big backlash you were talking about?

Let's see: Colorado recalls two politicians and others decide to resign instead of facing a recall vote.
Other states begin the move to Constitutional carry.
Some states move to nullify federal gun laws, and others criminalize local cooperation with
federal forces in the execution of unconstitutional laws.
Others begin to allow trained school employees to carry concealed on school property.

There are other examples of the great resurgence of gun freedom in this country. And all this post Sandy Hook. And all without any violence. Its just good men and women deciding to do something to keep evil from winning.

Back
Top Bottom