• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ct. State Police Receive Their Notice

Wow, he quoted a line from the Frank Zappa song "Brown Shoes Don't Make It", didn't expect that. Smart man.

However, their discomfiture reminds me of the wisdom of that great American philosopher of the late 20th Century, Frank Zappa, who said, "Do you love it? Do you hate it? There it is, the way you made it."

He seems like kind of a weird dude from the few things of his that I've read. Of course he's out in Arizona or somewhere, so I'm sure what he writes has a lot of sway in CT.

He lost me about the 23rd paragraph.

he made some good points. Too bad. He should have paid better attention in his persuasive writing class in college.

You made it a lot further than me.

I believe it was Mark Twain who apologized for writing a long letter - if he'd had time, the letter would have been shorter.

If that clown had a point to make, he should have been concise enough to make it before his recipients lost patience. I expect that the vast majority of the recipients quickly decided he was an arrogant blowhard and hit the delete key.

I suspect he has a point to make, but I'm not going to wade through all that crap to find it.

I can't read the first post or many others on this thread because of the pop up ads. Some msu or what ever is the first one.

Please fix it.

I have mixed feelings about his presentation, although I think we all agree with his sentiment.

I heard him speak at the rally on the state capitol in CT last year right after they passed the gun ban (PA 13-3).
He was pretty effective at whipping up the troops. I like the part about never initiating violence, but meeting violence with violence if necessary.

I think he is less effective at persuading someone who may be neutral because they have chosen to remain ignorant.
He's a bit too "gun nutty" for that role.

Most Americans have never thought about resisting tyranny. If you get right up in their face with it, they get frightened and shut you out.
You can't preach. You have to ask questions and help them get to their own conclusion.

I remember when the OK City bombing happened. My first reaction was "OH my god. he's anti government. he must be anti-American". - I was young. forgive me. I'm not condoning what McVeigh did. Its indefensible. But I'm defending his sentiments. Besides, I've dealt with those people at the OK federal building. They are REALLY nice people. If you are going to blow up a federal building, do it in NY or NJ. I mean comeon. You blew up the FAA aircraft registry. What could you possibly have against them? But I digress.

So there you go. The pro-gun cops silently chuckled when they read his email. The moderate cops, chuckled, then ran his name to see if the guy had any warrants. The anti-cops probably already knew who he was and it didn't change anything.

I can't read the first post or many others on this thread because of the pop up ads. Some msu or what ever is the first one.

Please fix it.

I think you have the problem on your computer. I have not received a single popup on this site. Ever.

I don't receive any ads whatsoever anywhere anymore since I installed adblock plus on my Chrome browser.
I like the ads on this site, so I have allowed ads to show on NES.

It is the people in the middle that he needs to reach if he want's to get up to his 3%. I rock a 3per patch on my hat from time to time. Every once in a while, someone asks what it means. They are usually lost as soon as they hear "gun". I have taken to the term "second amendment advocacy". People like advocates. It's positive.

I have mixed feelings about his presentation, although I think we all agree with his sentiment.

I heard him speak at the rally on the state capitol in CT last year right after they passed the gun ban (PA 13-3).
He was pretty effective at whipping up the troops. I like the part about never initiating violence, but meeting violence with violence if necessary.

I think he is less effective at persuading someone who may be neutral because they have chosen to remain ignorant.
He's a bit too "gun nutty" for that role.

Most Americans have never thought about resisting tyranny. If you get right up in their face with it, they get frightened and shut you out.
You can't preach. You have to ask questions and help them get to their own conclusion.

I remember when the OK City bombing happened. My first reaction was "OH my god. he's anti government. he must be anti-American". - I was young. forgive me. I'm not condoning what McVeigh did. Its indefensible. But I'm defending his sentiments. Besides, I've dealt with those people at the OK federal building. They are REALLY nice people. If you are going to blow up a federal building, do it in NY or NJ. I mean comeon. You blew up the FAA aircraft registry. What could you possibly have against them? But I digress.

So there you go. The pro-gun cops silently chuckled when they read his email. The moderate cops, chuckled, then ran his name to see if the guy had any warrants. The anti-cops probably already knew who he was and it didn't change anything.

I'd like to see him come up from Alabama with a car full of "unregistered" ARs and 30 round mags, and host a well publicized car shoot in CT.

Oh Boy.....Very spooky dude. [thinking]....Not a read that all will understand.

It is easy to associate him with the selection of charismatic individuals who have used troubled people to carry out their plans. A lot of people will put him in the Koresh category. Maybe that isn't the right example, but you know where I am going with that. However, it seems that Mike is walking the walk. Undoubtedly, his life is being examined, picked apart, and analysed for something to exploit in order to severely discredit him. Of course, these things can also be fabricated quite easily.

Oh Boy.....Very spooky dude. [thinking]....Not a read that all will understand.

He didn't say anything different than many here are always saying. He's just letting them know that gun confiscation will not be a cake walk for anyone including the police. Might end up being the shot heard around the world, again. In a highly charged atmosphere, it will only take one misstep by anyone to start the nuclear reaction.

It is easy to associate him with the selection of charismatic individuals who have used troubled people to carry out their plans. A lot of people will put him in the Koresh category. Maybe that isn't the right example, but you know where I am going with that. However, it seems that Mike is walking the walk. Undoubtedly, his life is being examined, picked apart, and analysed for something to exploit in order to severely discredit him. Of course, these things can also be fabricated quite easily.

At least no one can accuse him of being just another a keyboard commando. He's got balls.

Does anyone who receives the letters to actually give a rat's ass?

Not down playing his work and commitment, just curious.

Does anyone who receives the letters to actually give a rat's ass?

Not down playing his work and commitment, just curious.

Yes. LE takes it seriously when people start writing letters like this. There is probably an internal memo being distributed about the "Patriot Movement" and the dangerous gun rights advocates.

Yes. LE takes it seriously when people start writing letters like this. There is probably an internal memo being distributed about the "Patriot Movement" and the dangerous gun rights advocates.

That horse left the barn when Napolitano was still in charge of the Gestapo.

- - - Updated - - -

No doubt. And to clarify, I'm on board. But it would be foolish to not realize how many of the people reading that are going to view him.

Everybody needs a Braveheart to get the ball rolling.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it helps anything.

and doing nothing does? If nothing else, it give a few of them an idea of what might happen if they decide to follow through on their unjust laws.

Last edited:
I'm really not surprised at the lack of attention span here. I suppose one can't be too surprised in 2014, when a letter such as this can't be given the time of day, simply because it's "too long". I guess I'm just old enough to remember the world before the internet, or smart phones, when reading more than 140 characters was something people regularly did. I think it was a very well crafted response to tyranny, and if just 20% of the recipients read it, then I'd say it was successful. He might have given some of them pause, to think about what they might be ordered to attempt one day, and what the outcome might be.

Sent from my QMV7A

Back
Top Bottom