Ct. State Police Receive Their Notice

I'm really not surprised at the lack of attention span here. I suppose one can't be too surprised in 2014, when a letter such as this can't be given the time of day, simply because it's "too long". I guess I'm just old enough to remember the world before the internet, or smart phones, when reading more than 140 characters was something people regularly did. I think it was a very well crafted response to tyranny, and if just 20% of the recipients read it, then I'd say it was successful. He might have given some of them pause, to think about what they might be ordered to attempt one day, and what the outcome might be.

Sent from my QMV7A

This is why one of the major efforts of CT's gun rights groups like Connecticut Carry and CCDL is to keep this issue as front and center as possible. They don't realize it but editorials like the Courants work to our advantage to get people involved and more importantly to hopefully get the single issue voters out in November.

Before PA13-3 CT Carry had a few hundred. Now we have about 1600 members and 1300 followers on FB.
Before PA13-3 CCDL had about 2000 members and now are well over 10,000 and 8000(!!) followers on FB.

Numbers like these can change the results of elections. Especially in an off year like this.
As you know, turnout in these mid term years is typically very low, giving those who vote an even louder voice. Further, those who tend to stay away for mid terms are young people, who tend to vote for anti-gun politicians. This demographic's disillusionment with Barry Hussein doesn't help their cause.

My only hope is that we didn't peak too early.

I'm really not surprised at the lack of attention span here. I suppose one can't be too surprised in 2014, when a letter such as this can't be given the time of day, simply because it's "too long". I guess I'm just old enough to remember the world before the internet, or smart phones, when reading more than 140 characters was something people regularly did. I think it was a very well crafted response to tyranny, and if just 20% of the recipients read it, then I'd say it was successful. He might have given some of them pause, to think about what they might be ordered to attempt one day, and what the outcome might be.

I've read War and Peace. I have plenty of attention span for someone who writes well. That letter is simply verbal diarrhea.

It just gives them justification to buy more Bearcats and body armor. Connecticut is going to be more dangerous for bystanders than Fallujah.
Do you really think it could get that far? How many people do you honestly think have the capacity to do that?

I've read War and Peace. I have plenty of attention span for someone who writes well. That letter is simply verbal diarrhea.

Tolstoy's not going to stand up to authoritarianism in 2014 America. I don't care if this guy didn't write the classic American 20th century novel. He laid out a scenario that might be uncomfortable to reckon with for several members of an organization that might be tasked with carrying this out. So what if he's not a laureate.

Sent from my QMV7A

The problem is that, if one is attempting to send a message, it's incumbent upon the sender to make sure that it's understandable to the recipient.

If it's "too long", then yes, the delete button gets pushed.

Message not received.

Preaching to the choir is a very affirming practice - plenty of AMEN!s ... It's preaching to the heathen that is tough.

Do you really think it could get that far? How many people do you honestly think have the capacity to do that?

lots of people have the capacity.

I don't think they have the will.

CT people, like Mass people are for the most part, soft.
A large proportion of us work with our minds and have never known hardship.

I include myself in that group. I guess the only difference between many of us is that we are self aware and try to resist that as best we can. We appreciate fundamental skills and try our best to learn them. We respect the people who have those skills and pay attention when they speak.

But you can't compare most of us to some of the people I've met out west. I'm talking guys who get up at 4:30 AM to work on an oil rig for 8 hours, then go home to the family farm and work until 10 pm planting or harvesting corn, sunflower, or soybean. Or spraying that godawful anhydrous amonia into the soil as a fertilizer. They do that 6 or 7 days a week for certain parts of the year.

These are big, strong men and women who could survive and maybe even thrive in turbulent times far better than we could.

Sure many of us know how to hunt and fish. But do you know how to can that food, do you know how to grow a garden that could feed your family, do you know how to breed cattle so that your herd is sustained?

these people are the polar opposite of the info economy urbanite. All he knows how to make is money. he barely knows how to cook food he buys. He is soft, and he doesn't care because he doesn't think that the system that has allowed him to be soft will ever betray him.

So, no, I don't think it will come to much in CT. I hope its never tested. I hope that the DESPP is smart enough to not push it. Because while I think there won't be a mass uprising, i do believe that there will be pockets of resistance and I do believe that people on both sides will die if push comes to shove and they attempt confiscation.

Last edited:
I read it all too. Don't see a huge problem. He certainly could have shortened it up. Repeats himself a bit. I like the sentiment but the police will not take it seriously as he is from out of state. Its probably hanging in the men's room of the state police barracks next to the Dilbert comics.

The responses in here go to show why 3% exists. He had their attention most likely when they saw who it was from. Once he started hitting on a few points I'm sure more kept ready. Did everyone or even the majority read it and not just delete it? Highly unlikely. BUT the big thing that he has done that most would never do is SPEAK UP. All he needs to do is start engaging a few and let the conversations begin. How do you guys think the Oath Keepers message gets around? You're not going to win them all and that isn't the goal. You need to educate and inform enough of them to be effective on your side.

Then again I guess we could just sit around and whine about what he wrote being too long. With the exception of Jason Flare (who I have personally seen in action) how many of you have engaged the police in a manner like this? Be it email, phone, letter, or in person. Don't worry you don't need to out yourselves because we already know the answer. These are exactly the things that NEED to be done. These are the things I stress while meeting with the chief or in passing to random cops. They must be engaged and the conversation must be started. Or we could just whine about one others efforts on here.

The responses in here go to show why 3% exists. He had their attention most likely when they saw who it was from. Once he started hitting on a few points I'm sure more kept ready. Did everyone or even the majority read it and not just delete it? Highly unlikely. BUT the big thing that he has done that most would never do is SPEAK UP. All he needs to do is start engaging a few and let the conversations begin. How do you guys think the Oath Keepers message gets around? You're not going to win them all and that isn't the goal. You need to educate and inform enough of them to be effective on your side.

Then again I guess we could just sit around and whine about what he wrote being too long. With the exception of Jason Flare (who I have personally seen in action) how many of you have engaged the police in a manner like this? Be it email, phone, letter, or in person. Don't worry you don't need to out yourselves because we already know the answer. These are exactly the things that NEED to be done. These are the things I stress while meeting with the chief or in passing to random cops. They must be engaged and the conversation must be started. Or we could just whine about one others efforts on here.

yup right on.

I read the whole thing, passed it on to my wife and she posted it on FB. More people need to see it and pass it on.

I can't read the first post or many others on this thread because of the pop up ads. Some msu or what ever is the first one.

Please fix it.

That's what happens when you don't go green. You get stupid ads that block posts, ads that play a video that you can't stop and ads you can't close. I went green once, nothing special, and I refuse to pay money just so I don't get ads. I'd rather donate the money to comm2a or goal.

That's what happens when you don't go green. You get stupid ads that block posts, ads that play a video that you can't stop and ads you can't close. I went green once, nothing special, and I refuse to pay money just so I don't get ads. I'd rather donate the money to comm2a or goal.

Going green does a lot more for you than getting rid of ads. Group buys, shoots, ability to post in the classifieds. If you buy/sell parts or are somewhat social, it's well worth 21 bucks.

Thanks for posting. I didn't see anything wrong except for the fact that the author wrote "diktat" 4 times. Clever word, but use it once.

Basically he saying that politicians are banking on police to enforce new, draconian gun laws (or the existing one that requires registration.) Blood would be on the hands of the politican, according to him.

Also noticed that his address is in Alabama?

Back
Top Bottom