• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So I received a LTC renewal notice

Tell me how the entire process couldn't be reduced down to a vending machine with the only case of rejections going to a human being for further analysis. I walk up to the machine, enter in the ltc form data, feed it $1 (because it's just a machine now), wait a few seconds, the machine prints out the LTC and it's in my hands a few seconds later. A thermal paper prints out the PIN number as part of the receipt. No cops, no delays, no nothing. We could probably eliminate hundreds of state and local police jobs with a dozen ltc vending machines scattered throughout the state. That is if LTCs are going to be here for good. That same vending machine could even do machine gun LTCs.

I've had a Pennsylvania carry permit for six years now. I renewed last summer and literally spent approximately 1/2 hour at the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office. During that time, the office folks fingerprinted me, photographed me, background checked me, printed the actual permit and handed it to me. In addition, they were quite friendly!!

I suppose Massachusetts could learn a lesson?? Nah.

You are going to ask them to do work?
Good luck.
Considering she's a personal friend and our kids grew up and played sports together.....Im not worried about her doing it. I already called her about it actually and she said no problem come in Tuesday......

The state....well....sure...bend over and take it......you get what you get with DCJIS fxcktards.

Tell me how the entire process couldn't be reduced down to a vending machine with the only case of rejections going to a human being for further analysis. I walk up to the machine, enter in the ltc form data, feed it $1 (because it's just a machine now), wait a few seconds, the machine prints out the LTC and it's in my hands a few seconds later. A thermal paper prints out the PIN number as part of the receipt. No cops, no delays, no nothing. We could probably eliminate hundreds of state and local police jobs with a dozen ltc vending machines scattered throughout the state. That is if LTCs are going to be here for good. That same vending machine could even do machine gun LTCs.
Considering they can do a background check in about 3 mins in a cruiser.....yeah....process should be walk in, and walk out with LTC in 5 mins.

Its a fxcking joke.

My wife started her renewal in September, still hasn’t got it back. We stopped by the PD today, they told us “soon”
considering how they will work the system, it is really important for at least 2 adults in the household to be licensed, so the renewal windows would not intersect.

I did my renewal on line. And yes they snagged the DL picture. That was in August and I got it in the mail about a week ago.

If the licensing officer actually knows how to use the computer initiating a mircs renewal literally takes less than 10 minutes. During covid I met the licensing officer in the PD garage he took my picture and my stuff and then asked me where my car was and he literally came out like not even 10 minutes later with the mircs receipt, my existing licenses, and handed it to me. I think they mailed me the new LTC when it came in. The PD's that are even lazier we'll just go into the RMV database take your picture out of there, stick it on the LTC and not even take another picture.

I don't recall being finger printed in either Berks or Wyoming counties.

I've had a Pennsylvania carry permit for six years now. I renewed last summer and literally spent approximately 1/2 hour at the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office. During that time, the office folks fingerprinted me, photographed me, background checked me, printed the actual permit and handed it to me. In addition, they were quite friendly!!

I suppose Massachusetts could learn a lesson?? Nah.

I don't recall being finger printed in either Berks or Wyoming counties.

My wife and I had to put our fingers on an electronic pad. YMMV. My point is simply that Massachusetts deliberately makes the renewal process unnecessarily long and complicated. But we already know that, don't we??

My wife and I had to put our fingers on an electronic pad.
Again and again and again and ...

Multiple tries for me before they got a set they liked. They finally gave up on my wife and said they'd use the ones from last time. You have to wonder why that wouldn't be the default condition.

Back in OCT 2020, I renewed my LTC the day it expired. That was because I turned 70 and didn't pay the $100.:D I used my mircs receipt for 11 weeks if I needed to.

Back in OCT 2020, I renewed my LTC the day it expired. That was because I turned 70 and didn't pay the $100.:D I used my mircs receipt for 11 weeks if I needed to.
I renewed 5 months before I was 70 and didn't pay the $100 either.

That is if LTCs are going to be here for good.
c’mon, let’s not kid ourselves here. We all know that LTCs will be a thing in MA for the entirety of our lifetimes. MA will never have constitutional carry, at least not on the state level. It’d have to be done federally, and I highly doubt that happens anytime soon.

2025 is a busy year. I know b/c mine is LATE in the year (actually Jan 2026) and by July it's MEGA-swamped. So I'll be applying 5-6 months early this year.

My son received a renewal notice like the one above two days ago but his is not due for renewal until 2026. We thought it was pretty odd to get it two years before he needs to renew? Must be in error.

So I've renewed once before and had to do so on my own initiative. Out of nowhere I get this notice that the volume of license applications could delay things so start now. Got this yesterday but my expiration isn't until June. Last time I started it in April. Just a friendly FYI and curious to see if anyone else has gotten this.View attachment 838387
I got one. June birthday as well

I got one of these too.

I'm on my third renewal. Before, I've always marked my calendar a few months out, then gone in myself and gotten 'er done. I've had to prod my PD before, but I'll admit that once I've reached the actual LTC officer (which seems to be an ever-revolving door), that person's always been helpful.

This time? I got one of the renewal notices this thread is about. I was amused; it arrived four days before the marked date on my calendar. So I dropped off my app and my check and sat back to wait. This was less than a month ago (twenty-three days, actually).

I sat down today thinking, "Hmm. I wonder when I'll have to call them and follow up..." Lo and behold! The department just emailed me to tell me the hard copy is in the mail. I was stupefied. No re-interview, no re-fingerprint, no re-photo. Just organization and politeness.

This is, frankly, a level of "customer service" that I'm more than a little impressed by, compared to my past experiences. I don't know whether the variable is the length of time I've held my LTC, the new LTC officer, Bruen, a new CoP, or what, but this time was suspiciously smooth.

I'm still more than two months from my bday, too.

Put it in today.....told the clerk they are trying to fxck with us with more gun legislation again, please send it in as soon as you can as I'd like to get it renewed before anything goes thru.

She's like I'll get going on it and get it in.

Hopefully this will be your last time right? I'm like yeah....leaving this shithole is become a priority. Will only need a DL where i'm going.

See how long this takes.

Back
Top Bottom